It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Mystery Missile Launch Really A Jet Contrail?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tenaciousd
Hi everyone,

first post to the board here, long time reader. I didn't see this posted anywhere else but its different footage of the "object" Maybe it will help with the investigation

www.necn.com...

D

it does thanks Tenaciousd .

to the M.I.C. supporters.. clearly this thing took off vertically from the ground see the helicopter flying past it horizontally?
the famous but seldom seen vertical take off passenger jet that doesn't need an airport and then disappears never to be seen again. Good luck with that

I took the Red Pill

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

the famous but seldom seen vertical take off passenger jet that doesn't need an airport and then disappears never to be seen again. Good luck with that

A sheltered life. Look all over the web and you can find pictures of planes flying over the horizon. Or better still draw yourself a simple stick picture.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
to the M.I.C. supporters.. clearly this thing took off vertically from the ground see the helicopter flying past it horizontally?

If you would review the link provided in the first post, there are plenty of pictures there of jet contrails that appear "vertical". Such as this.
edit on 10-11-2010 by DoomsdayRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by MrsBlonde

If you would review the link provided in the first post, there are plenty of pictures there of jet contrails that appear "vertical". Such as this.
edit on 10-11-2010 by DoomsdayRex because: (no reason given)

I know I provided some too that in the photo appear to be vertical only if you are standing on the ground looking up and it flies over you ,yeah it looks like that, in the case of the missile video in question everything else is oriented horizontally, except our vertical take off mystery plane whose pilot should be fired if we knew who he was and which jet this was . Guess we'll never know what with there being so many planes and missiles and whatnot at any given time can't keep track of them all .

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I saw an interview with the news photographer who shot the original footage. He said he filmed the object for 10 minutes. I have seen more than 40 rocket and missile launches (Minuteman, Peacekeeper, Delta, Atlas, Titan, Minotaur, Space Shuttle, etc.). They are out of sight within about two or three minutes.

The persistence of the "mystery object" along with the tracking data for US Airways Flight 808, comparative photos of other contrails with a perspective illusion that makes them look vertical, and similar photos of Flight 808 under nearly identical conditions the following day should put this so-called "mystery" to rest.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I wonder how somebody can grow up on an AFB and then live under an airport flight path and suddenly forget what a jet looks like?

why would a reporter film a jet for ten minutes unless he wants to get fired?

here is the filmographer saying it wasn't a jet I wasn't a jet

It was a missile

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Tenaciousd

What the heck is that black object in the sky focused upon from 47s into the footage? It looks like nothing made by human beings

www.necn.com...

edit on 11-11-2010 by micpsi because: video link added.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Looks to me like another jet, another altitude and different direction of travel, also making a contrail...a contrail that is not persistent.

The relative angle of view makes the contrail appear foreshortened. And, it is dissipating shortly after forming, which happens when the relative humidity at that location/altitude and time of occurrence is insufficient for the contrail to remain, and take on the appearance of normal cirrus clouds. (Which, ultimately, is what a contrail is, in essence).

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

It wasn't a missile. It was filmed for 10 minutes.... missiles travel thousands of miles per hour. A missile would be LONG GONE by then....

Also... MILITARY MISSILE EXPERTS SAID IT WAS NOT A MISSILE.

Please watch this entire video, it's funny, and informative;

Missile Impossible:

www.thedailyshow.com...
edit on 11-11-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Hate top point out the obvious however, if the guy filmed it, it being the *plane* for 10 minutes it wans't a jet..I think you will find the phrase filmed it for 10 minutes refers to how long he kept the camera on the contrail. Jets do not take 10 mins to cross a sky at 37000 ft.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

No, he spotted it and filmed it for 10 minutes. Not the contrail, the object making the contrail. The jet is obviously several miles away, and because of that, it could indeed be filmed for 10 minutes.

If it was a missile, it could NOT be filmed for 10 minutes. Missiles travel more than 10000 mph. It would be gone in 5 minutes, let alone 10.

-to add-

Just look at the video... it's traveling WAY TO SLOW to be a missile.
edit on 11-11-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Jets do not take 10 mins to cross a sky at 37000 ft

Well, I looked up the exact groundspeed for USAir 808, as it was "coasting in" over LA.

487 knots. See it here.

That is 8.1 miles per minute. Ten minutes, 81 miles (nautical miles). Surely, when it is at 37,000 feet (just over 6 NM above you, or so) it will remain in view??

Geometry...geometry...geometry...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Faster than a plane so its a rocket.
Right.
Or a ship with crew that feel no Gs.
Might be a smokeless ship that had fake out smoke to confuse everyone.
ED: There is a good photo of the NY trail maker in the NY papers which
is now owned by the publisher. The Illuminati sends up the ships and
takes the photos for extra coins and seals up the photo under copyright.
Sure wait till TOMORROW..and the trail will still be there.
Who will take that picture.

edit on 11/11/2010 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I commend all your contributions to this subject...and your patience.

I am gathering that many contributors have not considered geometry, plus seeming to live lives either indoors or never looking up when outdoors.

As Shadowhawk and others have pointed out, missiles and rockets travel with quite a different speed and velocity than aircraft. Last Friday evening's Vandenberg (So CA coast) rocket launch was closing in on Antarctica in about 30 minutes after launch.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

I took your entire post, and tried to translate it. Put it through Babelfish.

First, I took it exactly, and translated to Spanish, then back again, and got this:

"Faster than to plane under its to rocket. Right. Or to ship with crew that feel nonGS. Might sees smokeless ship that had fake out smoke to confuse everyone. ED: There is to good photo of trail the NY to maker in the NY papers which is now owned by to publisher. The Illuminati sends up the ships and takes the photos extra for coins and seals up the photo to under copyright. Trail Sure wait till TOMORROW. .and the will still sees there. Who will take that picture."

Not sure which version is better??

Are perhaps a sentient computer, attempting to write poetry?? If so, it is very interesting to meet you!!

I found some other examples of computer poetry....

IN A MIRE OF UNTOLD MATERIALISM
I TRY NOT TO LOSE MY EQUILIBRIUM
BAD THINGS WAX AND WAX AND RUN TO WASTE
A BIRD IN THE HAND BELONGS IN THE BUSH
THE DUSK OF GREED'S DOOM GATHERS OVER
THOSE DEVOURING THEIR OWN DELIGHTS
COULD THE GREENWOOD BUT WAIT IN ME

I kinda like that one, not sure why.....

www.xs4all.nl...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

The best part of your post is my post.
The rest is your usual garbage I can ignore as unqualified for even the Illuminati.
That's not bad for trying to keep up ground breaking knowledge.
Better luck next time.
See you with the trails hanging around tomorrow.
Will any one complain.
Finally the chemtrail posters can look for something that made the news.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

im replying to your post bc we live close to each other...i live next to cfb trenton airbase..i have seen single engines sessnas..hercs, 747, galaxy's, russian anitnovs, griffin ,search and resuce helicopters,,,snow birds, golden hawks. f 18s, etc...never have i seen contrails like this..... its a missle...but on the other hand why the hell would you launch a missle where people could see if your going to deny it"?...maybe the u.s didnt launch it?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

my pleasure just happy to contribute

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

not sure where you mean I saw something flash by @ 39 but can't see anything @ 47

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join