It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

gehenna(hell)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
to make things quick. I found the place called gehenna on google earth about 5 months ago,now they removed it.
this is where pretty much every religion believes hell is. Can anyone tell me why whoever removed this did so? do they not want people to know its a real place?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nuntucket

generally, its a term used to describe hell used in the koine greek in the new testament. are you saying that at some point you were able to pinpoint a place "gehenna" on google earth? is it possible that it was a variant spelling of an actual city or area, and not a conspiracy to hide the truth? just asking.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
is it named ghenna?
Where is this place?
Do you have the coordinates?
do you remember what country it was in?

I wanna know what hell looks like, lol

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Yes,at one point in time not years but months ago,after reading the old testament and discovering hell is named gehenna. I became very curious if it was still around. So having google earth on my computer i simply typed the name in and it pin pointed a place near jerusalem,afghanistan,irag,that general area. Now today it will not pinpoint the location like it previously did.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
One level of hell is called gehenna and you can't find it on google earth my friend. It's 5 levels deep.

Oh but welcome to ITS. Please obey the rules or the mods will be mean to you. First rule: This forum is for introductions only. You can't make threads until you reach 20 posts. Someone will be along to chastize you shortly. But welcome aboard anyways
edit on Wed November 10th, 2010 by damwel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Yea,you are right. Now,you cannot find gehenna on google earth. At one point in time not a year but months ago,you could find gehenna on google earth,now im not asking if anyone knows if it exists. all im asking is if anyone knows why they removed it.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Maybe they renamed it to Valley of Ben-Hinnon www.panoramio.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by nuntucket

Gehenna

Gehenna is a valley outside Jerusalem. Supposedly sacrifices to "false" gods were done there via fire and, according to sum, there was later a trash heap or landfill that was always burning there. It is also known as the Valley of Hinnom (I think someone above me posted that too).

The Bible is very vague about Hell which leads to varying interpretations... no one really goes to Hell in the end though, Revelation says they are thrown into a Lake of Fire, which most Christians think is the same as Hell

new topics

top topics

join