It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About recent predictions and prophecies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Hey folks, I wanted to ask a question that has been on my mind for a while now regarding the various predictions topics floating about here. I wanted to ask:

Why are so many people are caught up in the 'hype' regarding predictions?
Do some people genuinely feel that some predictions will actually come to past?
Do some people actually want something bad to happen?
Is it all taken for fun and nothing else?

I'm just talking about predictions/prophecies in general and not referring to any single topic specifically. I just would like to know your thoughts and how you feel about it personally, i think it would be interesting to hear different views on this.

For me personally, i just take it all as a bit of fun but sometimes i do get caught up in it if the subject interests me. I just don't think we can really predict anything and say that 'this will happen in XXXX time from now'. I can't even guess what's going to happen within the next couple of minutes, lol.

An example of this is when i was in the kitchen ready to make a sandwich so you could have said that 'i was going to make a sandwich' but before i could get the bread there was a loud bang from across the road and later found out that somebody threw a hand grenade into a bookies and injured some people. There was no way i could have predicted this, it just happened.

So what are your thoughts about predictions and prophecies?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Traydor

Do you per chance live in West Belfast?

I agree with lots of points in your thread, particularly I think the general mentality is that a large proportion of people want something to happen. Maybe a lot of people are bored with their lives and tense...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Yeah I do live there, still can't believe this kind of thing happens here this day and age.

Well anyway, I would be particually interested in knowing why some people may want things to happen, i'm just curious as to why

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Traydor

Traydor,

There are false prophets many these days and always have been. You are right though that they seem to be coming out of the woodwork here on ATS. Most of them are just fun stuff and a waste of space and time to scan to see what ii is.

There is true prophets but haven't seen any here yet and it may be a true one would have other means of getting it out.. Man cannot be a prophet of much except seeing what is coming from the result of what is going on and sees what it is leading to. A true prophet is "sent" of God and then we must determine that he was before we can believe. It is a dire thing to be a false prophet for any reason but they don't know that.

Truthiron.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Do I think one prediction is right? Or more appropriately, do I think one prediction is likely to happen? Not really. But seeing multiple predictions, all from different sources, all predicting basically the same things, and in the same time frame, I start thinking otherwise. Or to use my favorite analogy, if one person calls me a jerk, they're outta their mind! But if multiple people call me a jerk, then hey, maybe I am!

You've got Baba Venga predicting something for November. Normally I wouldn't buy into people like her, but she has been somewhere in the neighborhood of 80% right. But that's just one person, mind you. Then, there's webbot, which is predicting something happening in that same time frame. I don't know the stats on that, though. I hear it's been on, but it's also been off. But anyways, that's two. Timewave zero also predicts something happening, guess when? Same time frame. Three different sources, all with predictions that are in the same time frame, it makes me take notice.

Now, as for what's going to happen, I have no idea. Venga predicts WWIII, and the other two are vague. How that war starts, it could be from any number of things, honestly. But, let's take a look at things I've noticed. Obama is out of the country, with a big entourage including his whole family. The US Dollar is getting weaker by the day. Silver has really boomed in price this month, and continues to rise, which could IMHO impact the dollar. And for the latest, a missile launch off the coast of L.A. that nobody seems to know anything about.

Do I believe the threads where they say XXX or YYY is going to happen? Not really. But I do believe that we are heading down a road to something happening. Now, I'm not going to start digging a bomb shelter in my back yard, simply because I don't have the time, energy, money, or even motivation to do so. Will I go stock up on food and such? I've got a kid who eats like a horse, my food is already stocked up pretty well. The only thing I may do is restock my ammo. Why? Even if nothing happens, it won't go to waste! One can never have too much ammo! Plus, I hunt, and want to get a new scope, so there's some lead down range doing that.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Traydor

Why are so many people are caught up in the 'hype' regarding predictions?
Do some people genuinely feel that some predictions will actually come to past?
Do some people actually want something bad to happen?
Is it all taken for fun and nothing else?

1. In my opinion that happens every year, since we are close to 2011. (Remember the Y2K hype?)

2. I do not think that, personally i think that the people are looking for answers.

3. No, i do not think that they want something bad to happen, they simply feeling that something is about to happen.

4. Sometimes Yes, sometimes No. It depends from the point of view. Some predictions are fun and some are giving you something to think of.

Peace

top topics

join