It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother calls for Chinese lantern ban after son, three, is burned by molten wax on bonfire night

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I guess we should ban cars too, people can get hurt. Come on.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Edews

Yes, ban everything cause,... well just because..
Silly people, just imagin if people like this woman made executive decisions.
oops'
' thats right,... we have congress

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
We should ban the call for bans.

Those who seek limit the freedoms of other should be fined, or institutionalized and treated until they are no longer a threat to the freedoms of the people in the society in which they dwell.

It would be cheaper than letting the afflicted banners run amok to the detriment to all our freedom. We've all seen what giving them free speech can do to a society, just look at the Anglosphere.

*We all know there are limits to Freedom of Speech...

....One cannot legally slander, libel or incite violence. Why not make it illegal to use one's speech to attempt to limit the freedoms of others?

edit on 9-11-2010 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
how about we ban Daily Mail reading Lantern launching mums too?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
you know what, I seriously wonder why I visit this board sometimes, so many completly idiotic responses.

"it's a conspiricy, the kid wasnt burned, it's fake"
"Wax doesnt burn when it's molten, derp.."

Why the hell would someone make this up, put make-up on a child, then tell the newspapers that their kid was horribly burned, and permenanlty scarred, just for a laugh? not everything is a conspiricy, you need to seriously get out more. have some damm compassion for the kid too.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

this is the UK. the place where this happened. It's also reported in the Daily Mail, which is renowned for posting spiced up scaremongering half truths to the drone population.
I'm not saying it didn't happen. I have compassion for the child. Do I think we should ban chinese lanterns? personally yes, then people would stop thinking they are UFOs
But really, the child should have been nowhere near a floating can of flaming hot liquid, user error rather than product failure. When I was a child, my parents would keep me indoors while they set off fireworks in the garden. Maybe something like that would have protected the child. Calling for a ban on something because you failed to follow the safety advice is a bit silly?

edit on 10-11-2010 by ceetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Chinese lanterns are already banned in Thailand.

- Not to protect children, but because they've had too many crop fires started by them and amimals killed by eating the remains.

After launching a Chinese lantern, you have no control over where it goes. It can travel miles in any direction before landing and setting fire to things. So using them is pretty irresponsible, even if children don't get hurt. I hope they don't get popular in Australia. We have too many deaths already from bushfires started by careless idiots and arsenists.

The picture of the poor kid is worrying, showing a huge pus-filled wound on his face which does not appear to be being treated. Is the mother hoping it will get worse so she can make money suing someone?

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

Originally posted by RestingInPieces
Ban people from letting aerial containers holding scorching oil and scolding wax into the air, to drift unguided over populated areas?

Rubbish!

I get your point on this one, but you can use hyperbole to make anything sound like it should be banned.

Kettles. Aggh it's an electrified container full of scalding hot water that has a lead attached that can be pulled by children

Gas Cookers: A device that pipes highly explosive and toxic gasses into your home that has no automatic safety cut off and you deliberately set fire to

Candles: A burning hot stick of molten wax that is made into the most unstable shape possible and causes millions of house fires a year

The world is not a creche
edit on 9-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

So what you are essentially saying is that we should be able to attach balloons to electrical containers full of scaling hot water, with a lead attached that can be pulled by children, and release them into the air, unguided, over populated areas.....

Not only that, but we should also be able to let free floating devices that pipe highly explosive toxic gasses into homes float around over crowded areas?

Get out of your whimsical fantasy land. Life isn't a video game buddy.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
An idiot can't take care of her own kid and now she blames everyone else....Hummm....she should be charge for careless child neglect and endangerment to a minor !!! When are people going to take their own damn responsibilities.....Oh wait...This is in the U.S. ......LOL...The right to sue anyone for anything and get money out of it !!!! Wake the hell up damn it !

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
you know what, I seriously wonder why I visit this board sometimes, so many completly idiotic responses.

"it's a conspiricy, the kid wasnt burned, it's fake"
"Wax doesnt burn when it's molten, derp.."

Why the hell would someone make this up, put make-up on a child, then tell the newspapers that their kid was horribly burned, and permenanlty scarred, just for a laugh? not everything is a conspiricy, you need to seriously get out more. have some damm compassion for the kid too.

Obviously a lot of so called "Adults" on this board are living with a conspiracy monster under their bed or in their closet.

Nothing but a bunch of adolescent adults running around calling everyone else "sheeple"!

I honestly reckon that most conspiracy theorists are overgrown children who never learned to cope with reality.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join