It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farmer's Association "Take Back Our JOBS!" Campaign is a load af BS!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
OK Three days ago I posted on the Association's campaign page that I wanted a job in agriculture! I left my phone number and my e-mail as it was asked for, and it listed my state as one of the participating states. Now I know it is maybe not season for farm jobs, but I don't know because we are in Florida, and the season never really ends, how can it not be in season? Oh wait maybe it's just cause I am a female? Well forgive me if I am wrong, but don't they have mexican women working the fields? Hmmmm???

Well if it is because I am a female this would be totally retarded, seeing how I did my training for the military in San Antonio Texas in JULY AND AUGUST where temps reached 110 degrees and ran and hiked like 4 miles in the middle of the day in full fatigues not to mention all the other stuff we had to do. Hmmmm I think I shall call complete BS on this campaign, it's only to make the politicians and the farmer's association "Look Good" to the public. I think I will boycott all farm products. Well think I can't? I can grow and kill/hunt my own food. Screw the farmers this is just another Public Relations Crap, blowing smoke up our A so they look like they're doing something for American citizens, When in reality, they don't give a damn about U.S. citizens and how we can't find work!!!! All they care about is appearances to the MSM!!!!

edit on 9-11-2010 by ldyserenity because: for sentence structure and spelling

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Nice rant. Some background info on this campaign might be helpful. Also remember that an association is usually just an organized group that solicits money by way of memberships or dues.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
So you left a name and number 3 days ago and now have concluded that nobody has given you a job because you are a white woman?

Is that correct?

Are you serious with this?

Do you have any idea what an actual job search takes? Finding the job, qualifying for the job, openings,availability, being there when the work is needed, not to mention a resume, proper contacts, an interview?

Nope.....couldn't be that you skipped a step or havent been putting in the time and effort.....has to be that you are a white woman.

Call the newspapers!

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
So you left a name and number 3 days ago and now have concluded that nobody has given you a job because you are a white woman?

Is that correct?

Are you serious with this?

Do you have any idea what an actual job search takes? Finding the job, qualifying for the job, openings,availability, being there when the work is needed, not to mention a resume, proper contacts, an interview?

Nope.....couldn't be that you skipped a step or havent been putting in the time and effort.....has to be that you are a white woman.

Call the newspapers!

This is the page this is what they asked for... their campaign is a bunch of HOOOOEY!!!!
LINK: Farmer's Association page
There are other steps to follow none of which included a resume and it does not go completely through if you don't follw all the steps...it went through, but you will have to fill it out yourself because the beginning is the email and name the rest actually is just your complete address and phone number and thats it...
so try it and see if you want to or take my word... I know I went through the process! I wouldn't post this if I din't and yeah three days may not be long enough except I know they (the illegals) get the job immediately, how I donot know it isn't like it's posted on the website or craigs list...but whatever.

And I have a better resume as than a mexican or any illegal, in I have held many more jobs then they could plus unless you missed it in the OP I served in the military as well...but maybe I am overqualified?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
reply to post by ldyserenity

Nice rant. Some background info on this campaign might be helpful. Also remember that an association is usually just an organized group that solicits money by way of memberships or dues.

That's true...media PR group for the Farmer's I guess, which means they will probably want membership fees or something.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
This is about all they say about who they are:

TAKE OUR JOBS

There are two issues facing our nation--high unemployment and undocumented people in the workforce--that many Americans believe are related.

Missing from the debate on both issues is an honest recognition that the food we all eat - at home, in restaurants and workplace cafeterias (including those in the Capitol) - comes to us from the labor of undocumented farm workers.

Agriculture in the United States is dependent on an immigrant workforce. Three-quarters of all crop workers working in American agriculture were born outside the United States. According to government statistics, since the late 1990s, at least 50% of the crop workers have not been authorized to work legally in the United States.

We are a nation in denial about our food supply. As a result the UFW has initiated the "Take Our Jobs" campaign.

Farm workers are ready to welcome citizens and legal residents who wish to replace them in the field. We will use our knowledge and staff to help connect the unemployed with farm employers. Just fill out the form to the right and continue on to the request for job application.

And if it was listed in the newspaper I am sure that I would not be able to even read it as they are customarily in spanish and not english, and although I can speak a little and understand it a lot more than I can speak, I am totally unable to actually read it!

new topics

top topics

join