It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So...I guess this is where we introduce ourselves.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Hello,

I am one of those unpopular(most often hated) skeptics that have little regard for conspiracy theories I have looked at thus far. Like (it seems)most skeptics I was once a non(anti?)-skeptic who believed in things ranging from JFK conspiracy theories to bigfoot/cryptozoology claims. I am old enough to remember Leonard Nimoy's "In Search of..." TV show.

My journey towards skepticism really began as a child. I was always an atheist, even before I was aware of that term. When a friend or relative would put forth some claim about "God" or "Jesus" I thought these sounded every bit as unlikely as the Santa stories my mom would tell around Christmas. But I still believed in a host of other nearly as irrational claims because...hey, I was a kid and Sasquatch, UFOs and such made the world more fantastic and in line with my child's sense of wonder and imagination.

In my early to mid 20s(early 1990s) as I was becoming increasingly political my interests turned more to JFK and such and, as a young rebellious punk(rocker)/metalhead I took it for granted that all cops were evil.
Around this time the internet entered my life.

Poking around and aggressively searching for hours at a time for sources to substantiate my beliefs, I came across a handful of skeptical sources. I was shocked to learn that there were people who did not believe the JFK conspiracy theories. Even more shocking these people were highly educated historians, scientists and thinkers with evidence, argument and logic on their side.

The nail in my non-skeptic coffin came when I(sometime around 2001-2002) came across Professor McAdams' JFK site.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Did you listen to Crass or The Dead Kennedy's in the 90's? cause I sure did.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BrundleFly

Yes. Mostly DK though. Was a HUGE Jello Biafra fan.

join