It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We don't wear masks. But we are lost in our own fogs.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
First, a little disclaimer.
I would like to state emphatically, I state nothing as undeniable uncontestable fact. I am speaking purely in metaphor to convey the potentially inconveyable based upon my view point. You see, I include myself in the metaphor, my viewpoint is just as potentially obscured or distorted as I contend all of ours are.

It is said that we all wear masks. I would like to expand upon this concept and improve it. I feel, it is too simplistic and limited a expression. So, I would like to say; we all exude a sort of informational fog. It can and does limit, distort and/or obscure our perceptions of the outside world and at times *to varying degrees, based on individual* even our view of ourselves. And generally those that brag the most about their particular fog not obscuring or distorting their vision are the ones that are most lost in their fog.

Do you understand what I mean? Want me to expand on something? Explain something? Think I am just a utter fool? Ask and/or comment away. But if you think I am a fool, please be prepared to explain why that is. Discussion is so much more valuable to me than a verbal food fight.

edit on 7-11-2010 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows because: Bippity boppity boo!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Some of us wear Masks all the time...

I know I don't leave home without one.

As for everyone being lost in a fog...I agree...many western people have adopted a false existence that is based in fiction and self importance... consumerism... ego... materialism.

It is no wonder so many people in this world think we are pigs.

Good reason to wear a Mask if you ask me... separates one from the others visually and so much more.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Mr mask was the first to reply

Back to post, please explain me more about this informational fog

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I think that we all should accept our own ignorance and learn to accept that as the only true fact...
Reality is in the eye of the beholder and with that said.... Reality must exhist only within ones own mind. (my opinion)

Exhistance is something that as humans we can pretend to understand but cannot in the slightest bit grasp the power of the word..

so my fog may be thick but i do verify it to be there... in my reality at least

the fog sort of make me feel at home lol.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
who is to declare proper vision then when not only their own sights but the sights of others are undoubtedly disfigured? the fog grows denser when two minds try or begin to think alike, yet two pairs of eyes are better than one in any event. but is that so when the shrouding opaqueness doubles as well? it seems the fog would only continue to thicken as more of people's perceptions begin to coalesce. why? because your eyes get wrapped in that blanket of fog. you lose the ability to see beyond yourself and therefore lose connection with others and get lost in the eternal haze. its not until you remove yourself from the fog of others can you then learn to see clearly and interpret what is the fog that blurs your vision.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

\ its not until you remove yourself from the fog of others can you then learn to see clearly and interpret what is the fog that blurs your vision.

wonderfully stated ,star for you sir
really makes one think. and thanks to the OP for such a thought inspiring subject!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I would argue this is a human condition not just confined to one particular grouping. But, yes, you are right to a extent.

reply to post by Vicodin

Our beliefs about ourselves and the world around us. What we put out into the world and the basis of how others view us. Stuff like that. All layers of the fog. I'm not being vague by intention please understand.

reply to post by j4k312

Exactly. Thank you for understanding.

reply to post by asperetty

Yes, exactly. But even then you can never be quite sure. It's our natures in my humble opinion to exude this cloud.

reply to post by j4k312

No. Thanks to you and everyone else who has commented for commenting.
It's gratifying to hear that my words made sense to someone other than myself.

edit on 7-11-2010 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Incidentally, and kind of off topic. The fog I am talking about can be conceptionalized as "shadows" as well. We all cast a shadow. :p *winks*

top topics

join