It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MagneLink Magnetic Communication System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Lockheed Martin has developed a way to communicate through solid rock without any wires using magnetic signals. This has been developed to alow communication for minners when they have been trapped. They can send voice and text transmissions and when tested they could send voice transmissions up to 1550 feet and text over 1550 feet. It looks kind of big though and if it was not where you were trapped it would not be any good to you.
Lockheed MCS

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by I B Dazzlin

hi there,

thanks for this thread......

Makes you wonder if it has military applications ...esp as its Lockheed that has developed it.

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

I was thinking the same thing. You know the government will have some use for this. Maybe to communicate between underground bases and those on the surface but who knows.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by I B Dazzlin

yes defo...

even there logo says it all "Never Forget Who Were Working For "

lol

snoopyuk

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Its not magnetic.
They lied.
lockheedmarti MagneLink

New mine rescue technology uses old Nikola Tesla science

The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), published the article, Tapping Tesla to Save Trapped Miners in their journal Science. The article details how Lockheed Martin engineers used a concept Tesla tinkered with in the 1890s to create a phone that can send a signal through 500 meters of solid rock.

The MagneLink Magnetic Communication System is a refrigerator size magnetic generator that creates a low energy magnetic field that can send a signal just like the electromagnetic waves of cell towers. The magnetic only signal goes through the ground where electricity conducting rock and clay dissipates the cellular signal.

Thats not Tesla communication waves.
They say Tesla to fake out yaall.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

The team focused on a concept developed over a century ago by Nikola Tesla. The noted pioneer in electricity and radio had shown that a magnetic wave generator could be used for wireless communications.

naturalplane.blogspot.com...

One thing about Tesla 's coil work was the space between wires that helped his high voltage methods
and not a low or high magnetic field.
Lockheed Martin Corp can get government funding by offering to build whatever the government
says it wants built for the federal mine officials.
Tesla's notes are all locked up and what hasn't been could not have been studied or we would
have known of such an effort.

new topics

top topics

join