It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunnel for Obama near Mani Bhavan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Despite the cost to U.S. Tax Payers.There has got to be a way to circumvent the fiasco.Trade can be made without it.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
Judging by the cost of everything on this trip, I think it would have been cheaper just to bring everyone in Asia to the U.S.

Well he has extra money to waste after all. He told NASA they couldn't spent it on a trip to the Moon...

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish
I really don't get why it's so important for Obama to go to this museum.
Why would they go through so much trouble? There has got to be more to this story.

Ghandi is Obama's personal hero. Ghandi is also the father of India who is deeply loved by all Indians. You see the connection? It makes the 3/10 Indians who don't care for Obama join the 7/10 who love him. When the US is trying to gain access to Indian markets (which by the way is one reason for the visit, to get more American Corps. in Indian soil), money, military, and influence, you've got to get personal. It sad how simple strategic political moves can be, yet they are deemed difficult to interpret because people expect to know at first thought. Everything is a symbol that represents a motive or meaning, especially when it comes to political actions on the public stage. I'm not so sure this story about a tunnel is true, as it has not been reported in this morning's Times of India. What they have done is closed of many roads that the President is destined to travel so that not even a beggar can see him.

EDIT: alright found the news. its not a tunnel. its like a really long awning with drapes that prevents people from seeing into it. similar to a red carpet but white and with a canopy over it and curtains on the side, as well as the roads being closed off. nothing to get worked up about. its not costing the US.
edit on 6-11-2010 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Oh Zorgon! What a way to start my day with a big bust out of laughter! Indeed! Indeed!

asperetty comes through again nicely with the voice of reason.

I was thinking myself it sounded like it might be along the line of an accordian style "tunnel" rather like what is used coming from an airplane to the concord. That wouldn't be so difficult to erect in an hour or so.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown
reply to post by flyingfish

Yes, but my position is that if he were truly a good president, or indeed popular security wouldn't be needed. This level of security creates a buffer separating our elected officials from those they serve. To also need such security while claiming to have faith in God, imho is further proof he knows he's doing wrong as he is worried for his safety.

So your position, is that if he was a good president of the USA, or popular, then security wouldnt be required, because EVERYONE in the universe would think he was made of fairy dust and glitter and awesomeness? What the hell are you talking about?
Twaddle my good man, thats what that is. You havent thought this through. A popular, American president would be hated by a large number of people, no matter how popular, or how good of a president. An American idea of a good president would be hated by at least half the planet at one time, and thats no manner of insult , thats just how it is.
Baring in mind how close to the site of the Mumbai attacks he will be , the Pres-o-dent would be a moron to walk about in the open, and you should be ashamed of your lack of foresight on this issue.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by asperetty
EDIT: alright found the news. its not a tunnel. its like a really long awning with drapes that prevents people from seeing into it. similar to a red carpet but white and with a canopy over it and curtains on the side, as well as the roads being closed off. nothing to get worked up about. its not costing the US.

That doesn't help the narrative going on here.

be prepared for it to be ignored..clearly your not understanding the nature of political threads on ATS...its not about facts and reality...its about fueling ignorant anger back in the states.

its funny really, simply sit back and watch the right wing nonsense machine fuel endless lies to further the narrative..and more sad, watch the exceptionally gullible totally buy into the lie machine gop footsoldiers.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Sorry, I don't understand. What would be the point of a "curtain" to block people from seeing the president?? Obstructing a sniper's view??

I should think that keeping him away from public view would be a bad thing for his image. There will most likely be hoards of people there just trying to get a glimpse of him. Why deny them that? After all, he does have his "most heavily armoured car in the world" to ride in.

I do not envy him being cocooned in by security like that. My claustrophobia would get the best of me. It is so much easier being an ordinary person. I hope the mission realizes something substantive.

It is about time that the USA reached out to the world with something other than missles and might.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

This doesn't sound like an curtains to me. This is from the OP's link: Since it is difficult to monitor such a congested area, they came up with a quick solution which left the Indians accompanying them amazed: A bomb-proof over-ground tunnel — to be installed by US military engineers in just an hour.

The tunnel would be a kilometre long and measure 12ft by 12ft — enough to let Obama’s cavalcade pass through. The tunnel would be centrally air-conditioned, fitted with close-circuit television cameras, and will be heavily guarded at every point, including, of course, its entry and exit.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

That's what I don't understand, why this "air-conditioned tunnel" when he has his heavily armored limo. Make no sense.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

This doesn't sound like an curtains to me. This is from the OP's link: Since it is difficult to monitor such a congested area, they came up with a quick solution which left the Indians accompanying them amazed: A bomb-proof over-ground tunnel — to be installed by US military engineers in just an hour.

The tunnel would be a kilometre long and measure 12ft by 12ft — enough to let Obama’s cavalcade pass through. The tunnel would be centrally air-conditioned, fitted with close-circuit television cameras, and will be heavily guarded at every point, including, of course, its entry and exit.

no no this is 2nd page news in the Times of India paper from this morning. i guess i will type it out here so you all can relax a bit. theres no need to worry about crowd, they already blocked off the roads. they only want to cover the sights of shooters in the buildings and various places because the structure of the roads does make things quite cramped here even without inhabitants. anyways read some excerpts:

Times of India Nov 6 2010

The american authorities have gone to great lengths to ensure that not only outsiders and local mediapersons, but even residents of the neighborhood do not catch a glimpse of the VVIP (obama).

A vast shamiana (tent) spanning five odd buildings has been erected in the lane. White curtains will be drawn on all sides on Saturday morning to make sure that residents in surrounding apartments will see nothing but a white shroud when they open their windows.

so if there were any such measure being taken I can assure you it would be in the papers, because Indian's are not so keen on picking up other people's bills. anyways ill go to the cordoned off roads to check out what I can see and hear but I don't have a camera so you don't have to trust my report

EDIT:

by the way, i think that this story of a bombproof tunnel with security cameras and an ants nest of guards has been ripped from a real story off that nature but with different people in a completely seperate incident. This is why:

From NDTV May 3rd 2010

All eyes were on Monday riveted on the Arthur Road Jail, which was virtually turned into a fortress for the anti-terror court's verdict in the trial of Pakistani gunman Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab and two Indians for their alleged role in the 26/11 terror attacks.

Around 1,000 policemen were deployed outside the bomb-proof and bullet-proof court located inside the prison, while a battery of mediapersons and curious onlookers waited outside since the morning....

Checkposts were set up at strategic points along the Sane Guruji Marg which leads to the prison near Saat Rasta in south Mumbai while lane adjacent to the prison wall, was closed for traffic.

Patrolling was intensified and sand bunkers erected behind which armed policemen stood guard.

Since the trial began about a year ago, Kasab has been lodged in a bullet and bomb-proof cell inside the jail especially designed to protect him from any attack. This cell is connected to the court by a tunnel which no bullet or bomb splinters can penetrate.

The Pakistani gunman is guarded by a 200-strong contingent of Indo-Tibetan Border Police.

you see how the media works?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Judging by the cost of everything on this trip, I think it would have been cheaper just to bring everyone in Asia to the U.S.

Really? What is the cost? Because it's no where near 200 mil

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Really? What is the cost? Because it's no where near 200 mil

it would be even cheaper if the US just shipped itself to Asia now and save everyone all the drama in waiting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join