It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interrogation techniques at 'Britain's Abu Ghraib' revealed (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Interrogation techniques at 'Britain's Abu Ghraib' revealed

www.guardian.co.uk

Evidence of systematic and brutal mistreatment of Iraqi prisoners at a secret British military interrogation centre that is being described as the UK's Abu Ghraib emerged today during high court proceedings brought by more than 200 former inmates.

The court was informed that there is evidence detainees were starved, deprived of sleep, subjected to sensory deprivation and threatened with execution at the shadowy facilities near Basra operated by the Joint Forces Interrogation Team (JFIT).

It also received allegations that JFIT's prisoners were beaten and forced to kneel in stressful pos
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
gu.com
edit on 11/5/2010 by anon72 because: Added video to title

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Warning: This video contains material viewers may find disturbing.

I put this up as the truth needs to be told-regardless of what it is. I remember when the allegations were frist made and the denials.

Well, now there is proof. So, is it torture? You tell me. I say no in some way and a little in the other. I have to say without knowing all the details surrounding the person being questioned/interogated etc, we can't make an honest evaluation.

Like, maybe he had info on an inpending attack, or terrible event about to occur. When do you draw the line or stop your methods? Guess that depends what side you are for

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Umm I don't see anything I would consider torture. People throw the word torture around like it's nothing and have no clue what torture really is. That looks like a simple interrogation to me. Crap talking and raised voices along with being put in uncomfortable, not harmful, uncomfortable positions is how its done. I was expecting to see the guy get smashed in the knees and kicked in the head or something before having his cavities repaired with no novocaine. Before people go out and start accusing others of torture they need to do some research on what torture really is.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
My life has proven uk gov torture people in there own homes, so what they going to do to foreign non citizens of there country.

new topics

top topics

join