It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White "Orb" delays Discovery STS 133 Nov. 5 2010

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
omg... lens flare...

it popped up the same time on the shuttle, he zooms in on flare on the right and you can see it 'spiking' like a twinkling star.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I have all the boring footage of this morning recorded.
I will look through it and see if i notice this. lol

Official reason for the scrub was a fuel leak though, not a white orb. lol

I don;t think they would call off the launch for something they see constantly.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
In my opinion the "orbs" appeared when the cameraman took a sip of his coke and the guy standing next to him told him a joke causing him to laugh violently spewing the coke into the air. Some of the small drops stuck to the lens and appears as stationary white orbs in the video. Due to wind speed and temperature the droplets vaporizes and the orbs disappear one by one.

Any takers?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
jubjub you've enlightened me to why there are so many 'debunkers'... it's simply an excuse for them to 'prove how smart they are' and exercise their hedonistic mission to prove themselves...and get off making other people look stupid for being naive enough to 'believe' in something...which is like saying someone is open to the possibility... what is wrong with that? why negativity at all? Is that all we are here for? star-searching, tooting our own horns, and jumping at any chance to be heard just for the sake of being heard? It has just become obvious that there are those who will blindly follow anything from abductee's that look like handi-caps to those who are outright here to prove everybody wrong and make everybody feel stupid for not believing in scientific "facts".

What happened to the middle?

The balance is always in the middle, and sustainability is only achieved...

In the middle.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

I'm sorry if you feel offended by my post, it's just the most likely explanation I can come up with. IF white orbs were actually flying around the shuttle at the launchpad I'm sure we would have heard a lot more about it now - and seen a lot more videos.
So all I'm giving here is a possible explanation for the dots in the video.

And by the way I AM a believer - I just don't believe anything thrown at me

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkererJim

Just one small problem he recorded this as you can see so why did he not put the original TV clip up

Very easy to manipulate the way he as done this it would be nice to see the original and not a copy of a copy of a downgraded youtube video.
Still good find TinkererJim
hope someone find's original copy would help lots.

S+F

Thanks

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkererJim

Right. Thats why the shuttle is grounded until nov 30th. It had absolutely NOTHING to do with the fuel leak. right?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Is this the only individual in the US that records Space Shuttle launches. Surely there should be video available from other sources. If these show the same orbs, then I might believe it's UFO's, but until then, this video proves nothing. It's more than likely just another hoax and even looks like one.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
It's amazing, the shuttle hasn't taken off and there's those pesky ice crystals materializing all over the place! But if James Oberg is his old self and he sees this, he'll still ask for all kinds of data, especially if it's daytime or nightime!

Remember all the whining -- a lot, justified -- that the subject of UFOs too often got the mockery treatment, unfairly?

So to make the point, why do small minds keep resorting to mockery, from either side of the UFO question?

This particular case will take care of itself. Here's a wider perspective:

Remember what Shrike's 'laughter curtain' intends to enforce on the UFO community. You don't WANT to know the lighting conditions of anomalous space videos -- first impressions are always most accurate. You don't WANT to know the concurrent activities aboard the shuttle, and to prevent you from knowing, we won't tell you the date/time of the videos. Pay no attention to the prankster behind the curtain, keep your eye on my stuffed-doll alien.

In other words, some folks think ignorance is not only bliss, it's true-belief in space UFOs. Sigh...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I guess there are two of these threads going. I found this by the same guy. This is a little crazier to me actually.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by The Shrike
It's amazing, the shuttle hasn't taken off and there's those pesky ice crystals materializing all over the place! But if James Oberg is his old self and he sees this, he'll still ask for all kinds of data, especially if it's daytime or nightime!

Remember all the whining -- a lot, justified -- that the subject of UFOs too often got the mockery treatment, unfairly?

So to make the point, why do small minds keep resorting to mockery, from either side of the UFO question?

This particular case will take care of itself. Here's a wider perspective:

Remember what Shrike's 'laughter curtain' intends to enforce on the UFO community. You don't WANT to know the lighting conditions of anomalous space videos -- first impressions are always most accurate. You don't WANT to know the concurrent activities aboard the shuttle, and to prevent you from knowing, we won't tell you the date/time of the videos. Pay no attention to the prankster behind the curtain, keep your eye on my stuffed-doll alien.

In other words, some folks think ignorance is not only bliss, it's true-belief in space UFOs. Sigh...

Lin and I have been inseparable for 38 years and amidst all of the daily turmoil in our life what keeps us together is ability to laugh. Humor is the glue that makes life worthwhile. One example can be found at youtube.com. Just type Linda & Eddie and be ready for 3 minutes of fun in which we crack up Johnny Carson, Doc Severinsen and Ed McMahon.

UFOlogy is a festfield because one cannot take its enthusiasts seriously and laughter and aggravation go hand in hand. Your non-popular explanations for space videos showing anomalous objects make one laugh before the aggravation sets in. Look at how some posters treat you, with downright contempt and some ask why you continue to endure it. You have to have a sense of humor and while we can't see you, you must be laughing your head off at some the comments from members.

You want us to know the lighting conditions of anomalous space videos as if knowing this info could explain what we see. Lighting conditions are really immaterial for most of what we see. Lighting conditions do not come into play when we see the camera zooming out from being zoomed in on a far away object since it's not necessary to zoom in on a minuscule ice particle that at distance should be almost invisible. What the zooming is doing is trying to see what those anomalous objects are that seem to come together, hold a formation and then disperse each going their separate way. How do we know zooming was engaged? Because part of the shuttle's bay is in the foreground and it's out of focus. When zooming out the shuttle's bay comes back into focus. Lighting condition? Who cares. The explanation usually given is the joke.

Regardless of your stance the bottom line is that we have UFOs of all kinds being recorded from the planet's surface. There is no reason to ignore that what is happening on earth is also happening in space.

Keept this in mind: From a swiming pool lounge at night I saw what I thought were 3 stars in a vertical row with plenty of space between each star. Nothing unusual in that since Orion the hunter has 3 straight stars on its belt. But "my" stars did something I had never seen before and before I reported it no one had reported it either. As I started to look away the top star took off at unbelievable speed. Seconds later the middle star went the same way. Finally, the bottom star did the same.

I saw it from earth. But similar events have been seen from space and they have been videotaped by astronauts. Lighting conditions? Who cares.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Watch how the astronaut videographer(s) hunt for a UFO that blinks out and in and the camera keeps going back and forth. Tricky ice particle!

NASA STS -125 UFOS last 2 days
www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join