It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving A Disaster/End Of World in your home!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
If you can break down the stair case, even better. I live in a single story home, and I have thought many times about how I would secure my home in the case of a zombie outbreak, and honestly, due to the layout I think I would be SOL.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

oh, i'm not worried.. i promise ya..
was just answering a question. and it really depends on which post.. i'm assuming you're talking about the traps post.. that's more of intruders, or looters.. but hey, if it makes soldiers from an invading army think twice.. just that much better..

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

No traps, a good video cam outside in a tree. I can shoot right thru the house with
my 30-40 Krag and hurt them(if they are ARMED). Heck, who needs to look out the windows with(night vision besides).
Cheers

I am A Veteran
SGT INFANTRY

edit on 4-11-2010 by 19rn50 because: sould not give info

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I live in New York so staying isn't an option for me, we get our food delivered to us for christ sakes.
You have 8,000,000 hungry people living in the city, many of them probably left while the majority stays.

This is the absolute worst case scenario for a survivalist, New York City is already dangerous at night.
If you live in the city, I suggest we high tail it out of here.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I have never posted in a survival thread before, needless to say I have no idea at what I really need.

But I have a small stockpile to either bug-out or hunker down. That would include alcohol and duct tape.

Call me crazy but alcohol can be used for many things, not just getting drunk, and duct tape....need I say more?

Off base here?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador

I agree, a smaller city would be good to bug out to.
You mention 8 million people in New York. And things are bad,
you say. Find yourself a vet, ask him what he is going to do..
Most of the older vets, will stay and fight. This is our home land.
I have seen a 80 yr old vet, put 3 rds, out of 5 in 1/4" group. Of
coarse he has a good scope "BUT" he was shooting 500 yds. America
well never be taken over by a foreign gov., unless they take our guns
away. I am staying and protect all those that did not run.
America stick's together, even those people in high office's, well come together with
us poor/Middle class. Why, because we give them their pay checks!

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bestof83
Reply to post by innervision0730

There may be no time, and if the earth flips, there may be no way out of the bunker. Or, it will crush anyone inside.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

"Earth flips? You mean like top to bottom in space? 5.9737 × 1024 kg.or 6.6 sextillion short tons, does no just flip. Especially with rotation.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsofast
reply to post by innervision0730

depends on what kind you have, and what the threat is.. for some threats you can just buy special filters.. sometimes, for something like a window unit, or removeable system, you can just take it out, and seal the hole with plastic. others, like central units, just sealing the whole thing with plastic and duct tape, should be enough. but of course you do realize this means no fresh air...(as you can't run the systems)

You are going to have to explain a bit more for me because what has been said so far makes no sense. That AC unit that sits outside your house is only for heat exchange. There is no need to cover it or seal it because NO AIR comes from it to the house. The only thing that runs between it and the house besides electrical wires are pipes of refrigerant. You don't get fresh air from your central A/C. Also, a window unit can be removed and the window closed. No need to seal a hole with plastic.
The filters in your heating, A/C system are for filtering return air which comes from inside your house via the return ducts.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I really don't understand why anyone would want to leave their home
and run around outside like a herd of ants. All of the creeps in the area
will also be out looking to do you in. Stay put and stock up on survival
food and gear. Where are you going to run and hide? It makes no sense
to run from danger. Stick around and face it like everyone else will be
doing. Get a reliable gun with plenty of ammo and wait it out. If anyone
is stupid enough to break into your home, put some lead in their a$$.
Send a message to the thugs that are a scourge to our neighborhoods.
Just don't panic and blindly run to anywhere.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Enough of the zombie stuff - that ain't gonna happen, no zombies. There's a lot worse that IS possible.

The worst scenario is probably a weaponized ebola let loose by terrorists: Al-Qaeda has already been in Zaire and Uganda, trying to harvest the Ebola Zaire strain of virus from victims by digging up corpses - it kills 9 out of 10 people and if it goes airborne, would be extremely contagious.

A little history: a new strain of Ebola manifested in a group of monkeys at a Reston Virginia holding facility; it became airborne and spread among the monkeys, killing almost 100% of them. Thank God it did not "jump" to the human workers there.

That strain is now named Ebola Reston.

If you have people willing to die for their cause (ala suicide bombers) who willingly get infected with a weaponized version of Ebola - ie spread through the air through coughing - and you simply send them into subways, bus stations, and airports just to cough, then you could kill 90 % of the people in the US within three weeks to six weeks.

It would be what Michael Crichton called a "wildfire scenario" in his book The Andromeda Strain, and there is no way to contain that type of attack.

Your best chance would be to get away from any other human being and hunker down until it burns itself out.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 19rn50

Yeah but that will only last so long...If we dont have electric, how are we going to use it? That is a good suggestion though. I would recommend it at least until you can't use it anymore.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Sideband

I think it was more a figure of speech lol I agree with him though.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I suggest getting alot of filters then. I have no idea how these work but if the electric is off,obviously we would have to worry about it. Hopefully in any scenario we will have electric and not be in the dark.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

you're right. about the central.. i had posted a much longer reply, and edited it. got busy.. long story short.. things got jumbled. the wrapping was intended for window units left in. window units aren't always in a window.. and even if they are, the window would be sealed with plastic. as far as the filters..nothing is perfect. you don't think any air from outside the home will make in, through, oh i dunno.. the attic? a crawl space? bath trap? filters will reduce the amount of.. whatever.. is in the air that might be seaping into the home...but hey, whatever...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
As far as virus outbreaks go I highly reccomend a product called "Dispatch" my brother uses it in his tattoo shop, hospitals use it as well, and all you have to do is spray it on wait 30 seconds and whatever it was sprayed on is as sterile as you can possibly need it to be. Staying home would be the best bet in that situation.

If war comes here MOVE TO THE WOODS, learn to gather food, hunt, set traps, and find a shotgun as well as a rifle.

Natural disasters are pretty much just a hope and pray that you find out in time type of deal

All of this is my personal opinion

Jr.
edit on 3-1-2011 by LittleIndianJr. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Actually, my understanding of the proposed earth flip isn't the external portion of the earth. I thought it meant the molten, magnetic core?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

My AC units have an option for recirculating room air or for bringing in fresh air. Every unit I've ever owned has had this option.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

Yeah but if electricity goes out, what would we have to do? Im not sure if there is a way to seal it?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleIndianJr.

How do you get ahold of that?? That would be nice to have. Yup, I have been researching alot on survival (plus the stuff I learned in the military) When I get my tax check I will be getting a weapon. I was thinking a shotgun but I really want the AR 15. I don't have a lot of supplies yet but I do have camping equipment and some water and can goods stashed. I was thinking about investing in some water purification tablets just to be safe. I already know how to do it manually but its less of a hassle lol I recently (a few months ago) found information on how to create a shield in the basement against radiation. It was pretty interesting..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join