It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Six Hundred Billion Dollar Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
hey everyone. ive been reading things on this site for some time but never cared to comment until now. I was checking out the LA times when i read about the 600 Billion dollar purchase of US treasuries by the reserve, also known as a stimulus. After I had read the story, I was completely shocked that I was not shocked at all to read about something like this to happen. What I found funny though is that it happened overnight. Did this stimulus ever get publicized beforehand? Isn't this just the funniest country, our USA?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Welcome, now that you've gotten around to joining

As for the "stimulus..."

edit on 4-11-2010 by StinkFist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
that amount should just cover

obamas holidays for the next

year lol

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by digby888

If that's the case, then I am happy to know that at least someone is benefiting from it. I thought it would take us all down. By the way, does anyone see the contrast in the coincidence that the US is increasing spending drastically just as Europe is decreasing? The austerity measures were almost like a response to the stimulus, or vice versa-whichever came first, but relative to each other in one way or another. I'm still just taken away at the suddenness in which this can take place without any questions. Not even a single comment on the sequence of events was ever uttered from the msm, only that the politicians believe their decisions are for the best and we should not be pessimistic about it. I thought journalists investigate stories and ask questions in order to get the information for people, and then i remembered that yes, they do. But anchors don't. Nor do editors or ceo's or vice presidents or marketing strategists or PR spokesmen...

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Reply to post by asperetty

This question is way overpriced.
Definitely not worth the cost.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
the labour party her in the uk tried

spend spend spend tactics and

it did not work

and now look at us we have