It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's.. Time travelers!? A quick, concise explanation.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Great thread. This idea is one that I have thought about for many years.

I like the thinking here.

One thing that always bugged me about Einsteinian physics was that breaching the speed of light was impossible. It's just a speed, nothing more nothing less. If Einstein used 100mph as the constant in E=MC squared then according to his theory it would be impossible to go faster than 100mph. It's just an arbitrary speed that he chose because he knew of nothing faster. That does not mean that breaching this speed is impossible.

I remember reading that 19th Century scientists said that breaching the speed of sound was impossible and that driving in an open car that went faster than 35 mph would suck the air out of your lungs and you would suffocate.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Neutradol

Interesting, i have also often thought about this and a possibilty that Aliens or UFO's are time travelors.

They may possible from the future, also we often talk about and hear theories of ancient aliens atc, which may well be true, i have also though well if the time travel theory is correct then the same vistitors from 50,000 or even 100,000 years to more recent sightings and stories within the last 5000 - 1000 years may be the same group. If they are capable of time travel then there is a godd chance that for them what is 1 day, 1 week etc may for us be 1000's of years.

Look up time dilation, also consider reverse time dilation

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

In reagrd to reverse Time Dilation you wont find much online in regard to the meaning i put behind it but here is a sketch of what i am trying to say:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a8e7ace67335.jpg[/atsimg]

So lets look at time dilation, the faster you go the slower your relative time goes yeah? So then as soon as you hit lightspeed time basically stops, look at photons they are ageless, the same beam of light that left it's souce 15 billion years ago is still travelling around the universe.

So then what happened when you exceed lightspeed? what if the reverse begins to happen? so lets look at it step by step.

The faster you go the slower time goes for you the traveller.

At light speed time pretty much stops for you.

What if when you exceed lightspeed time then begins to reverse, the faster you exceed LS the faster the rate of reverse. Perhaps in regard to blackholes that is why the event horizon just seems to dissapear to us in the time. Lets look, blackholes also suck in light, which i know this will be very debatable but then what if a black holes velocity is sinply faster than light, that is why light cannot escape.

So then to us past the event horizon is actually travelling into the past at some point in time.
edit on 6-11-2010 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2010 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Just want to add in regard to the above, everything in this universe as we know it supposedly has an equal and opposite reaction yes?

So then the same must be true for time dilation? re; reverse time dilation

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007

YES

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Neutradol

But nuetral, the time distortion would only be felt by the people inside the craft who would be moving relative to spacetime. The outside observer isnt moving, hes merely watching the craft, so in that regard he is not subject to the effect of time distortion and would not have similiar effects.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
Just want to add in regard to the above, everything in this universe as we know it supposedly has an equal and opposite reaction yes?

No. One of newtons laws state that each and every action has and equal but opposite reaction, but that is only in response to an action: IE: if you shove me, then I go back the opposite way.

There has to be an ACTION to be a reaction.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join