It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FLASH of white light - massive wind - house shattering rumble - What would you do?? what would you d

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I would probably do what anyone else would do, most likely crap my self

"What can you do when you see that coming right at you?" Nothing really....

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Try to get it posted on ATS so I could go out with Flags and stars. Yet even then I`d still get flamed as fear mongering more then likely.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The truth is, that nuclear weapons will get used at some point. Eventually nukes will fly. It is the nature of man to use whatever means he has at his disposal when he feels he has no choice.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Apollumi

I wonder about this.
Is man really stupid enough to start a war that would destroy everyone, we seem to have been able to restrain ourselves somewhat so far so I'm kind of hopeful that people aren't actually as rash and short sighted as I always feared.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Most people posting on these forums currently have a very narrow perspective of time to consider. Tell me, of leaders from the past do you think any of them would have nuked the hell out of people given a chance. Hitler, Stalin, Cesar, etc? All you need are the right circumstances which will bring about the right people. We have actually lived during a relatively calm period of time. This won't last.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Hypothetically, First thing id do is confirm or deny that it was a nuke.. doing so would be a series of check of electronic equipment functioning or not that would give me a idea of the closeness of the explosion and or the validity of it.. lets say it was a nuke and the emp took out said electroniics.. First id consume iodine in any form i could find.. hpefully you have rad pills, helps with possible radiation sickness.. then id load up my bugout supplies in my two diesel vehicles that are emp proof assuming the EMP took out the electronics in the gasoline vehicles.

then id head for the hills away from the blast..

in reality first thing id do is probably start swearing all sorts of potty mouth words.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by E-ville
Hypothetically, First thing id do is confirm or deny that it was a nuke.. doing so would be a series of check of electronic equipment functioning or not that would give me a idea of the closeness of the explosion and or the validity of it.. lets say it was a nuke and the emp took out said electroniics.. First id consume iodine in any form i could find.. hpefully you have rad pills, helps with possible radiation sickness.. then id load up my bugout supplies in my two diesel vehicles that are emp proof assuming the EMP took out the electronics in the gasoline vehicles.

then id head for the hills away from the blast..

in reality first thing id do is probably start swearing all sorts of potty mouth words.

Good answer. Hmm we could make a list of what to do. Actually there really should be a list. Obviously at ground zero you wont even see the flash. But for those a mile away they could survive.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
reply to post by Apollumi

I wonder about this.
Is man really stupid enough to start a war that would destroy everyone, we seem to have been able to restrain ourselves somewhat so far so I'm kind of hopeful that people aren't actually as rash and short sighted as I always feared.

Of course there are. There are people willing to die. All it takes is one. I mean whoever brought down the towers someone had it in them to kill a lot of innocent people unprovoked.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Smoke as much pot as humanly possible.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Well here is a great little tool to have in case you want to check out an interactive nuclear detonation map. You can type in any address and then see how far reaching it is and what those affects are.

meyerweb.com...

Well, according to the pressure map from your link, it would take a 2000KT bomb to even remotely cause a problem for me. That is, of course, if it were to be deployed in downtown Chicago. But obviously, something that large would be kind of hard to hide, let alone deploy without some sort of public warning.

More realistically, a 25KT suitcase nuke would be used. Mind you, 25 is just an arbitrary number here, I picked it because most suitcase nukes would hopefully be less than that in yield. So even at that level, I doubt I'd even feel a breeze!

But seriously, if something like that were to happen, and providing the EMP doesn't knock out my truck, (damn computer controlled Dodge Ram!), I'd pack it with my family and head out to the sticks, away from any nuclear power plants, big cities, and military installations, preferably one with a substantial wild hog problem! We gotta eat, right?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbear1729

Right, and i too have used this one as well as others through out the past years out of curiosity and discovered the same distance, something just feels wrong about those stats though you know what I mean?

There has to be fall out and to me that would be worse than the actual ground zero point where people would die instantly. I guess that the prevailing winds after even a 25 explosion would be horrible when sickness and slow cancerous death would take it's toll.

Did you see any of those Chernobyl aftermath videos out there? It is surreal and so depressing to think of those who suffered weeks months and years after the incident.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Well... I certainly wouldn't hide under a desk! (see school nuclear drills. A thin piece of wood can protect you... riiiiiiiiiiiiight)

I'd probably stand straight up with my arms stretched out wide. The sooner you die from one of those things the better if you get any poisoning at all. Besides, this body is enough of a prison anywho.
And I probably won't be on this earth if something like that were to happen.

*hums midnight cry*

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Run out and check my truck to see if it still runs.

If it did i would load my BOB and survival cases in and drive about 10 miles to a old gold mine and shelter there. i already have a supply of water stored there.

My BOB and survival cases have canned dry rice and beans jerky some water and would give me food for two weeks plus.

They also have ammo, guns, dosimeters and charger for them and other needed idems for long term survival.

By running a loop of string from in the mine to the truck i can get readings of the radiation levels by running a dosimeter out in a plastic bag for a set period of time and then reeling it back in and reading it. 15 minutes outside times 60 would give me the 24 hour exposure rate. Times 4 would give my the one hour rate.
I picked using dosimeters over a geiger counter as i do not need batteries for the dosimeter or charger.

Surplus dosimeter pens and chargers are cheap.
cgi.ebay.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
irect-reading_dosimeter.jpg
www.civildefensemuseum.com...
www.orau.org...

you increase the chances you will survive by being prepared.
I you don"t prepare your chances go way down.

Plus my BOB and survival cases can also be used for your major disasters and make things much more comfortable. tents, air mattress, clean clothes plenty of clean socks and underwear.

They are set up for multiple scenarios from Earth Quakes, Wild fires, Hurricanes. ECT. ECT. ECT.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I'm not sure why this is "predictions" and not "survival" but what the hey...

As for what I'd do? This.

(Yeah, I'd have posted a link to the actual comic. But Gary Larson's publishers seem to be too effective at keeping good pics of such classics off of the net.)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by maluminse

Every body keeps saying 'three days'. That depends I guess. If you live on the hairy edge of one of the largest nuclear arsenals on the planet like I do you're pretty much done.

Most of these bombs are buried... Hard targets. They will go after them with other nukes, and try to 'dig' them out... Repeatedly. Just the strikes themselves could go on for days. Lots a dirt and dust and crap in the air that can melt your liver for a lot more than three days.

If they are striking a highly populated area just to be a**holes then yeah, maybe you can walk out in three days. If they are making tactical military strikes at other nuclear weapons hold on to your iodine pills and stay low, cause they will probably hit it again.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join