It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Group Think Reversal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I googled a few terms to find people outside of the super-narrow and stereotypical boxes painted all over the place. Presenting People who dont fully the prescribed group-think (admittedly, these are in the minority, but they are interesting nonetheless)...

Conservatives for Obama

"I am American First, Republican Second"

Liberals for McCain

"I dont agree with him but...its, because he goes to town hall meeting after town hall meeting and faces the tough questions head on"

Gay Conservatives

"focusing on gay conservative issues"

Liberals with Guns

"The right to bear arms responsibly"

Republicans against War

"20 Republicans against the war in Afghanistan"

Liberals against Obama

"Obama Sells Out to Oil Corporations"

Democrats against Ground Zero Mosque

"54 percent against".

And these are just a few of the issues...there are many more.. Look them up, and if you find some, post them here..
edit on 3-11-2010 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
These are, of Course, all Moderates. Moderates are the true Minority nowdays. A Moderate is someone who actually votes by Candidate, not by Party. A Moderate is someone who likes to harmonize and hold things together. I Moderate is someone who says "Country First, Party Second". A Moderate is someone who ways issues case-by-case instead of with an Ideological-Lens

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
I googled a few terms to find people outside of the super-narrow and stereotypical boxes painted all over the place. Presenting People who dont fully the prescribed group-think (admittedly, these are in the minority, but they are interesting nonetheless)...

Conservatives for Obama

"I am American First, Republican Second"

Liberals for McCain

"I dont agree with him but...its, because he goes to town hall meeting after town hall meeting and faces the tough questions head on"

Gay Conservatives

"focusing on gay conservative issues"

Liberals with Guns

"The right to bear arms responsibly"

Republicans against War

"20 Republicans against the war in Afghanistan"

Liberals against Obama

"Obama Sells Out to Oil Corporations"

Democrats against Ground Zero Mosque

"54 percent against".

And these are just a few of the issues...there are many more.. Look them up, and if you find some, post
them here..
edit on 3-11-2010 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

SF Thanks for sheding some light on this issue. I to favor the moderate point of view, although sometimes I can sway like you say most moderates do. It is much like a customizable politicianso to speak. Although right now moderates are a minorityI would love to see many in the future of politics, which is innevidable with the current socio-political unrest.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by cbaskins

SF Thanks for sheding some light on this issue. I to favor the moderate point of view, although sometimes I can sway like you say most moderates do. It is much like a customizable politicianso to speak. Although right now moderates are a minorityI would love to see many in the future of politics, which is innevidable with the current socio-political unrest.

Moderates are the middle-class. A country needs a lot of moderate middle-class people in order to remain healthy. Europes health is based on Moderate politcs.

Anyway...just thought I'd show examples of people who dont fit the Stereotype. Compared to the threads that favor partisan bickering, this one will presumably go nowhere.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
The Weimar Republic showed what happens when the centre or moderates vanish from the political landscape . I have warned elsewhere on the boards , that the USA is beginning to resemble the Weimar Republican but few members are to concerned because it doesn't involve anti establishment drivel . That and anything beyond spewing the same old garbage is put in the to hard basket . The recent thread I authored Dirty Politics or Mud Slinging ? is proof of this . I also made the point in an podcast not connected to the boards that a healthy democracy elects centre left and centre right governments .

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Moderates took a hammering this election cycle, progressive candidates tried to appear more moderate and still lost, bad. The great pendulum of American politics it would seem.

Some would say, "It's America 'waking up' to the scourge of liberalism!", to that I'd ask, 'Why only 42% of the population voting with only about 60% of that voting for Republicans?'

Apathy in voting is a dangerous gamble because the system doesn't count non-existent votes. The only voice being heard is that of the extremists, while moderates sit on the sidelines, frustrated, without putting forth a candidate of their own...or at least really pushing their friends and neighbors to vote.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
The Weimar Republic showed what happens when the centre or moderates vanish from the political landscape . I have warned elsewhere on the boards , that the USA is beginning to resemble the Weimar Republican but few members are to concerned because it doesn't involve anti establishment drivel . That and anything beyond spewing the same old garbage is put in the to hard basket . The recent thread I authored Dirty Politics or Mud Slinging ? is proof of this . I also made the point in an podcast not connected to the boards that a healthy democracy elects centre left and centre right governments .

Citing the Weimar Republic is the best possible example you could point out. Thanks for taking the time to post it and telling the young folks out there "This happened before!"

Its why I spend so much time posting Moderate and Centrist Propaganda.

I hope the U.S. can come to its senses and reduce the partisan bickering. Not much, just a little.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Err I myself wasn't in the Weirmar Republic I was just using it as an example of what happens when the centre disappears from the political landscape . My late Grandfather was used as Nazi slave labour in his native Holland so he could have been said to have been a victim of the outcome of the Weimar Republic .It is true from what I have found that here in New Zealand that unless someone takes an interest in such things a person probably won't know about such things . Case in point towards the end of last Summer I was looking at a market stall and I spotted some old German coins that dated from the 20's from memory . After I mentioned the Weimar Republic to the stall holder and he asked if I was German because I knew about such a thing . I prevented myself from laughing and I told him that I am not German .

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Err I myself wasn't in the Weirmar Republic I was just using it as an example of what happens when the centre disappears from the political landscape .

I didnt think you were. You'd be too old for ATS-Browsing.

After I mentioned the Weimar Republic to the stall holder and he asked if I was German because I knew about such a thing . I prevented myself from laughing and I told him that I am not German .

Examining the events prior to disaster should be a normal part of History Lessons at school. Focus is slightly misplaced in that the event and ones indignation about it is more important than the root causes. Oh well. Thats what people like you are here for...to post about it in Internet Forums.

But even without the Example of the Weimaurer Republik it should be obvious by now that Democrats have moved a little too far to the left and Republicans a little far to the right as compared to model-countries like New Zealand, Australia, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Canada.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The fact that this thread (and many similar attempts) went nowhere proves that a whole generation has been brainwashed to think in partisan stereotypes.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
As a sort of general broad comment it won't happen but language barriers aside I would like to meet some of the Germans who fought in WW2 and were taken POW by the Soviets .
Why ?
They experienced both fascism and Communism and the same dreadful effects of both systems . They might have had a political problem with Communism still I wonder how those German POW who were never freed by the Soviets must have felt and wondered .

Cheers xpert11.

top topics

join