It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel halts 'dialogue' with UK over war crimes law

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
UK and Palestine sign the first treaty between the two nations

This agreement is the first ever bilateral treaty between the two nations and will lead to the sharing of ideas, knowledge and skills, helping stimulate productivity in both film industries.

UK Foreign Office

Ermmm....two nations? Has Britain effectively just recognised Palestine?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Nice one UK Gov! Some actual backbone on this contentious issue, rather than relentless pandering to the Israeli lobby.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Jumping Jihadis Infinite, my diplomatic retaliation-y sense is tingling.

I can imagine William Hague this morning, "Hmm guys, what would be the best way to piss off those pesky Israelis?"
edit on 3/11/10 by Soshh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by belial259
There is really no justice. The country that played an instrumental role in the establishment of Israel is now so diminished on the global stage by this recent banking trouble, Israel clearly considers it no longer has to care what the UK thinks.

One can only hope the large amounts of taxpayer money that keep that welfare country in existence and give it the weapons to commit these warcrimes with will also come under the auspices of cuts and austerity.

There are significant cost savings to be realised by cutting Israel lose and letting them fend for themselves.

If US stopped giving Israel billions of dollars in aid and unconditional support, Israel wouldn't be so cocky.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
UK and Palestine sign the first treaty between the two nations

This agreement is the first ever bilateral treaty between the two nations and will lead to the sharing of ideas, knowledge and skills, helping stimulate productivity in both film industries.

UK Foreign Office

Ermmm....two nations? Has Britain effectively just recognised Palestine?

Well spotted, infinite. I hope that's what it means. In any case this looks like a brilliant move. I'm glad the Brit Gov didn't allow itself to be cowed by Netanyahu's 'anti-semitic' comments earlier this year. Nice try, Israel, but it didn't wash.

Brilliant, we need more countries doing this. and...no wonder Israel is p.....d off. Yes! Nice one!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join