It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I learned in the last 2 years, and how things will roll out these next 2 years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Welcome to the run up to the 2012 election starting (granted, its about 4 days too early, but who's counting).

Well, I have learned a great deal these last two years, and now I pretty much know where we as a nation..the voice of the people...will be going

What exactly will the republicans be doing anyhow? What is the margain of success? They basically said very little with the hundreds upon hundreds of millions of dollars (almost 2b actually) in advertising...so, clearly, they didn't put out a real agenda...just said they will fix what the people want fixing.

All polls show exactly what is required...a massive epic sweeping majority is simple...unemployment.

So, here we go...clearly this is a percentage thing...in 2 years, what should the unemployment be at by the direct effect of the house for them to be considered the new supercool people.

You think it was healthcare? nope, hardly anyone cares about that
You think it was immigration? nope, hardly anyone cares about that
You think it was about debt? nope, hardly anyone cares about that

its all about jobs...that red tide coming in is 100% jobs related frustration.

So, what specifically will the reps be doing to get america roaring then? will they be imposing a heavy tax on companies that ship jobs overseas? Will they be cutting the taxes of small business owners and self employed?

You lot won...now how about unveiling this master strategy...incidently, Pelosi is no longer a curse word...now we got new curse word for every single thing wrong in America...Boehner. (enjoy the spotlight, congressman).

Now what?

Keep in mind also, Obama is spit shining his veto stamp...however, one thing we learned about the last 2 years...the people simply don't care if things get stopped from a process, they blame the ones controlling congress if things dont go through, they blame the congress if people bicker, they blame the majority if anyone decides to filibuster...and so, with that knowledge, and the precidence set...what will the people think in 2012 of a lame duck congress?

Enjoy the bench warming.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

man your putting the cart before the horse here

we still don't know how things will turn out

they have to win first i will get back to you tomorrow on this topic

peace

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Not really..its obvious they will win, it has been obvious for about 3 months now

the issue here is ultimately, how will the unwashed masses deal with a 2 year gridlock..the singing choir of the average joe is a ineffective congress (to their knowledge anyhow)...imagine how near violently angry the ignorant unwashed will be in 2 more years of actual stopping.

To someone whom pays attention, the most annoying thing is the actual lack of message...granted, you cant be called out for a failed promise here and there if you promise nothing beyond taking a seat.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

its obvious that they will pick up a few seats but how many is the question and the important question

if they get their 60 needs to stop filibustering then great but not so fast obama still has his executive powers given to him.

so what can they really do ?

do they continue to butt heads? do they try to work together after 2 years non stop of obama and the lefts i'm better than you and we know whats right and you people are all wrong?

its just not so easy.

the right message is clear for anyone who has been paying attention as you said.

smaller government less spending and reformation or defunding obamacare

obama care will still exist just in a different form maybe who knows.

the biggest thing i wanted out of today's elections was that congress can no longer ram bills down our throats

after that i will take it one day at a time.
edit on 2-11-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I would agree with you SaturnFX but unfortunately I think that in 2 years the people who voted the house red will believe whatever Glenn Beck and Rush tell them is the case. I have been watching this thing grow (do to the right wing media) since Clinton was first elected. They have a stronghold on the media and their people are conditioned to ignore any facts that the other side reveals.

I disliked Nancy Pelosi for one thing. She didn't move to put Bush and company in jail for their crimes. Obama and the democrats tried to play fair and move on after the 2008 elections but the right continually demonized them. They obstructed everything they tried to do and with the exception of health care blocked everything. I have read numerous posts here by people telling me how bad Obama has screwed things up but what did he or Pelosi do? The economy is getting better. Oh not soon enough? 2 years? First I heard after Tuesday night out of these "victors" was, "You can't expect us to fix this overnight". Well yes I do. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. There mantra is gonna become that the POTUS and the Senate are keeping them from "doing the will of the people" and that they must be voted out in 2012.

Keep your eyes open. They will try to privatize everything and put it in the corporate buddies pockets at the detrement of the common folk. Watch and see. More outsourcing, more privatization.
+

top topics

join