It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorist gang FSB Russia ready to poison owner of Wikileaks with polonium-210 --speculation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
firsti am not sure if this belongs here ,so mods please move it to the correct location ,thank you
also i am using the title to the first news link ,it makes sens to me that that wikileaks poses more of a threat to Russia then Alexander did ,and we all seen what happend to him , i am not one for making predictions but i think Assange might be stepping in hot water now i really hope nothing happens to the poor guy ,

According to the Time magazine, the website Wikileaks, headed by its owner Julian Assange, is preparing an info attack on bloody Putin's/Medvedev's Russia. The Kremlin threatens to react.

The magazine writes:

"A preliminary analysis showed that there was no danger for Russia by the website of Julian Assange", a KGB website, Life News, quoted an expert from the terrorist gang "center of information security of the FSB". - "It's essential to remember that given the will and relevant orders, it can be made inaccessible forever".

When reached by TIME, the FSB, which is the main successor to the Soviet KGB, declined to elaborate on the comment or say whether it was the agency's official position. But history has shown that the FSB readily steps in to shut down Internet tattlers.

A former FSB agent Alexander Litvinenko was poisoned with a rare and highly radioactive polonium isotope while living in London in 2006.

Observers say WikiLeaks presents a far more serious challenge to Russia's security services than the sources of previous leaks (on Afghanistan and Iraq - KC).

For one thing, WikiLeaks has established a reputation for publishing authentic documents, which means the press would be more likely to cover the story and republish the files. It is also a diffuse and secretive organization that is technologically prepared to deal with cyberattacks.

So the most likely Russian reaction, at least at first, would be to undermine the authenticity of the alleged secrets.

"That is the main tool - to filter it through the state-controlled Russian mass media", says Nikolai Zlobin, director of the Russia and Eurasia Project at the World Security Institute in Washington, D.C.

"This would limit any public debate of the leak to the Russian Internet forums and news websites, which reach a tiny fraction of the population". (Moreover, there is fierce censorship by the FSB. FSB uses the tactics of denial with revelatory material of the KC. Internet ensigns of the FSB "refute" immediately by the fact of publication on KC, while the Russian audience is afraid to object ensigns for fear of KGB reprisals - KC).

Zlobin says it would also take something extremely damning to rattle Russia's political elite.

"Russians already believe that their leaders steal, that they have offshore bank accounts and funnel money into them," he says. "It would have to give shocking details about the country's two leading figures [prime minister Vladimir Putin and president Dmitri Medvedev], and even then, the complete apathy toward politics in Russian society would absorb a lot of the shock waves at home".

Russia's reputation abroad, however, could be badly hit by the release of foreign-policy secrets.

As the Kremlin pushes ahead with a drive to charm the West, its security agencies will be eager to prevent that kind of embarrassment. And there's no knowing how far they'll go to save face", Time magazine wrote by clearly alluding to the fact that Wikileaks project managers are in serious danger of being killed, for example, by polonium-210.

i posted the the whole article so people that are behind government computers could read it without having to go to the link ,because the website could be considered an extremist website , but i am not sure about that ,so to protect members of ats i posted the whole article , however if you wish to go and read the the source ill provide the link

now i am hoping that i can find some conformation to this story so ill be doing some research into this
many thanks

Nephi

www.kavkazcenter.com...

here is the article from Time magazine www.time.com...
edit on 2-11-2010 by Nephi1337 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
man wikileaks is going to target russia now i hope nothing happens to him

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It is sad that you chose to bring a pure conjecture and frankly a speculation into a definitive statement in the topic of this thread. Bad quality.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

what are you talking about ,why would you say that , i am posting a quote from a news sorce did you not notice that i dumped it in the conspiracy section because i am hoping that its not true ,so instead of wasting your time trying to slander my thread why dont you put more effort in trying to figure out the truth ,

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
strange how the events in Russia lead up to this ? i wonder whats going on , Putin getting punched ,planed military coup wtf is going on .

more info on my other thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
i dont know maybe i am just over thinking this and freaking my self out here , its just i know how russians are cause i live with 3 of them lol ,and its true that when they are backed into a cornor they will find a way out by what ever means ,and they do play dirty ,so i hope wikileaks has their game faces on

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephi1337

what are you talking about ,why would you say that , i am posting a quote from a news sorce

Yes, and it says "alluding" and "for example". Of course you take it as a seal of an established fact and label your thread accordingly. Then proceed to flood. Keep up the good work.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

why dont you go and read my edits ,i corrected my self , .. so why do you feel the need to attack me and not focus
on the thread ? did SO not just make a thread in regards to people like your self infecting the boards with this kind of nonsense?

also i take it that you have not been keeping up with the news in Russia lately ..otherwise you would then understand why people are speculating on why the wikileaks founder might be in danger ,

so this is my final message to you ,please focus on the topic ,and not my mistakes ,if you do not agree with this thread then by all means dont post , but your free to do what tho wilt

Nephi

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephi1337
also i take it that you have not been keeping up with the news in Russia lately ..otherwise you would then understand why people are speculating on why the wikileaks founder might be in danger

Being an ethnic Russian and speaking the language as a native, I follow a variety of original news sources in that country and I surmise that my knowledge of the subject is more than adequate as far as this thread is concerned.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

ok well,i too speak Russian ,my wife and kids are Russian ,so then you have heard of the whole Putin black eye thing eh ? i think somthing big is about to go down in Russia ,but also all News comming from Moscow has proved to be inaccurate ,

простите меня за мой гнев

Nephi

also if you have more knowledge to add please do so

many thanks

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

"It's essential to remember that given the will and relevant orders, it can be made inaccessible forever".

All bark, no bite.

Nowhere does it read that "relevant orders" were given for anything. Rather this quote, to me, seems to be a threat directed @ WL. But in reality, I can't comfortably say that I don't believe this isn't just some propaganda piece and outright lies.

Had anyone really heard anything of the Federal Securty Service (FSB) before reading this thread?

I was curious. So I Google'D "fsb kidnapping" for instance. Finding that most of these search results were mostly user-generated content based pages, and obvious spam some will inevitably buy into. Examples:

Example 1
Example 2
Examble 3

Results found on the 1st-page of the search results are considered as having a high Google rankings.

Doesn't this serious ranking mean that someone spent some serious $$$ for this exclusivity? You should realize hosting for this probably isn't the cheapest service in the world either.

Wikipedia has a pretty believable page on this now murdered, Alexander Litvinenko character. Ex-KGB, he was a member of the FSB, and claimed that two of the Chechen terrorists involved in the 2002 Moscow theatre siege were working for the FSB, and that the agency manipulated the rebels into staging the attack.

The FSB, it being a real entity, looks to be a more criminal, Russian-equivalent the of the CIA with some Mafia in the mix.

Scared of 'em yet? (Someone sure wants you to be...)
edit on 2-11-2010 by susp3kt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
If they wind up killing Assange, another one will step up and take his place. If the PTB wanted him dead, he would of been dead a long while ago.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Tweet from WL...

Russian FSB vows to take out WikiLeaks | is.gd...

And this.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
If they wind up killing Assange, another one will step up and take his place. If the PTB wanted him dead, he would of been dead a long while ago.

Assange has too big of a following behind him now to be taken out by conventional means. Then there's always, imho, been something fishy about him that I can't put a finger on.

Double agent? Government propagandist mouthpiece?

This thread doesn't seem to be generating the interest that I thought it might. It's about WL's for God's sake, and even has Russian spooks thrown in to boot. We know how sensationalized the WL saga has become.

Anyone else digging?

top topics

join