It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bear with me on this one. But I think everyone that reads this knows a different me.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I've always been fascinated with the idea of alternative universes and the other us's out there running around, ever since I was a kid watching Sliders. I used to wonder, is there literally infinite alternative realities/universes or is some kind of trigger. For instance, each time a human being must make a decision, no matter how small, an alternative reality/us is created. I'm sure if there are other universes the majority of them have no life at all etc, I'm only worried about the tiny, tiny percentage that contain this thread with me as author and you as readers. And now the theory.....

What if the jump off point is relationship. That is, what if each point of communication between conscious minds create an alternative reality/us.

Each one of you that reads this and forms a relationship with the content and, therefore, me may be automatically interacting with a different me and I'm interacting with a different you then the you in other threads.

So check it. We have these multiple relationships/lines of communications formed. The picture above is how we see it in just our "one reality." But...

What if that is, in reality, what our conversation is?

You might say "well facts would be different in each of the universes with the different you's and me's" But why?

What if the only difference is that Me 1 sent out a message to You 3, You 3 gets it and sends it to Me 5, Me 5 sends it back to You 9....So basically the only difference in the universe as the conversation progresses IS the conversation piece that you haven't received yet.

So basically YOU are like a lonely outpost awaiting radio signals from random MEs and sending out signals to random MEs. When we meet in person its the same thing, its 2 beings from different dimensions or whatever meeting up for a period of time and the next time we meet it will be different us's.

Ok where is this gong. I think this might help explain why religious experiences, trances, etc happen in crowds. Or maybe help explain why no two people will perceive something in exactly the same way. Is there something about when all eyes of these different beings transfix on one person, like a crowd leader or speaker, that that person becomes more IN that dimension then the rest of them?

Wow I've gotta sleep now.

edit on 2-11-2010 by snusfanatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
DUDE!!! Im you. you are me.
Im your 5th you, at the same time being me 1.

i think reality is a little more complex. most of you dont really exist, cause i only know i exist. i must take the rest of everyone elses word for it.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

Would it not become obvious that there may be multiple me's and you's by the break down in communication.

Me1: hey, i'll call you tomorrow.
You1: cool.
Tomorrow.
Me1: Hey dude, I told you I would call.
You 2: hi, what, When?
Me 1: Yesterday.
You2: # dude, no you didn't, oh! hang on.... I think there me be multiple me's in the universe.
Me1: Umm....
.ok mate...
..um.......click beep..... beep..... beep..... beep.
Ring Ring
You2: Hello.
Me2: Hey mate its me, how are you?
You2
ude, why did you just hang up on me?
Me2: What! What are you talking about?
You2:You just hung up on me, just then!
Me2: Dude, are you trippin', I just called now.
You2: Sheez, I know, I know, I think there are multiple you's in the universe and I was talking to another you just before, its cool.
Me2:Umm....
.ok mate...

edit on 2/11/10 by atlasastro because: Umm....
.ok mate...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
star and flag .... lols for this post .... nice
... but there are at least 16 dimensions within one galaxy ....
.... and well you know there are lots of galaxys within the universe so there are alot more than a few of you
edit on 2-11-2010 by Vonour because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I believe in alternate universes and dimentions, but i dont believe theres another me in each one. I believe that the soul within me now is whole and is'nt spread out beyond the realm i inhabit now. However i'd like to believe that i will visit these other realms at some point.

Its quite obvious by your post that this is causing a lot of confusion for you. Maybe you just need to find another way of looking at things, before you drive yourself insane or something.

edit on 3/11/10 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

How does that work within the confines of a forum, do we all see different responses to your thread based upon how we have interpreted the original post? If I am creating a different you by this reply then will all of your answers from now on be from a different person to the one that made the answers before I joined?

How does that ATS server handle Http requests from alternative realities, does it have an inter dimensional router?

Dimensions are confusing, I can barely handle the three that I can measure with a ruler

new topics

top topics

join