It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Saudi Arms Deal is About Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Just got this via e-mail, here is the link to the original opinion piece by Dr. Paul

Saudi Arms Deal is About Iran

I think he brings up some good points (as usual) throughout, such as

Imagine if China had armed an aggressive, anti-American Mexico to the teeth. How would we feel? Threatened? That is likely how Iran feels with this massive arms sale to Saudi Arabia. To underscore this message, the US quietly announced early this month that it was selling 20 F-35 Stealth fighters to Israel.

and

But the fact is that the US weapons industry is underwritten by the American taxpayer. From research and development to acquisition by the US military, the costs of the US arms industry are borne by American citizens. But, as so-called “private” companies, the enormous profits they make selling weapons to countries like Saudi Arabia are of course privatized. So the costs are socialized and the profits are privatized. There is a word for this arrangement and it is not “capitalism.”

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Just saw this tonight as well, interesting piece and some very salient points from Ron Paul. The Saudi's are scum not other description comes to mind. They are a brutal nation whose actions slide conveniently under the radar. Iran has little choice but to speak loudly considering the amount of US military surrounding them directly or by other heavily US funded nations close by. It's a strange world we live in when a nation who's people participated heavily in 9/11 goes unpunished but benefit from US taxpayers.

brill

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I'm inclined to agree. The Obama administration's policy behind-the-scenes is a military strike on those nuclear facilities. I have heard much talk of diplomacy, but the actions on the ground(troop deployments, naval positioning, and so on) are telling me a very different story.

We are going to war because Obama wants to be freakin' FDR so damned bad.
edit on 3-11-2010 by Lunatic Pandora because: (no reason given)

new topics

join