It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stunning technology *3d Video mapping*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
It stuns me when I see something like this, I imagine what previous generations would have thought of this. This is probably exactly the kind of thing they imagined in the future.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.

**Turn off the lights and watch fullscreen**

3d Video mapping on buildings is when a complex array of light projectors are synced to a 3d video mapping program and tweaked to create art from the image that it is mapped to.

Amazing art in my opinion and how far technologically we have come is astonishing.

-Kdial1

edit on 31-10-2010 by kdial1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2010 by kdial1 because: add more video

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Wow!! That is stunning! Fantastic find!

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
If this is a civilian display just imagine what military psyOP's could do with these types of tech

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ICbluebeam

I think it would have to be pretty dark for this to work and be an inanimate object. I imagine it took about a week to set this up. Might be hard for psyops to set something like this up, unless they had a big blimp in the air that could stay in the exact some spot.....

-Kdial1

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Cool, I had just watched the clock one last week or whenever it was posted here. Was nice to see these two new ones as well. Kind of makes you wonder if they really could project the holograms of a alien invasion in the sky if they can do this on a small scale.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Nice post, I actually saw that last one live last year sometime at GRB. Of coarse I was downtown drunk so it kinda freaked me out.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Very cool and a what a trick on the senses, like virtual live cgi or something.
I had seen the clock one but the other 2 make for a nice find, imo, and add to the notion of "will we always be able to believe what we see?"

@ ICbluebeam:

If this is a civilian display just imagine what military psyOP's could do with these types of tech

Touche'

spec

edit on 31-10-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: sp

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Found quite a few more, the 3rd video is another amazing one. Lots of talent here.

This is a whole new market for advertising!! I might have to look into investing......

..............Wait investing is so 2000..... I will just keep my silver and gold

-Kdial1

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Forgot to add:

Happy Halloween to all the ATS members that are on here right now!!

-Kdial1

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Impressive application - but highly limited. It relies on your eyes tracking changes/movement as opposed to static images. The lighting also helps. The first video is the best example of this when they deform the building - the real building is clearly there in the background.

Nice for conventions and business marketing/advertising (imagine this on billboards or the side of buildings facing roads) - but you'll never be able to use it for psy-ops. You would be hard pressed to convince a five year old with this.

I could actually see this become a huge thing in architectural design - with some improvements to the technology and the proper set-up, you could give a rather convincing demonstration of a reconstruction/renovation project.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

This reminds me of Back to the Future 2 with the Jaws scene.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
That does remind me of the jaws scene. Very cool.

I had a dream the other night, before I saw this, that there was this fun land and everything looked really cartoony. In my dream, even the people looked cartoony, because of some sort of lights that they used that when they shine on you, you'd get this cool cartoony look, sort of like what was used in a movie called "a scanner darkly". I mean, I looked real, but cartoony, if that makes sense. I am now wondering if that could even be possible now. I think it could with time. What they'd have to do is have some sort of way to do it in real time, with the lights shining on people as they walked through the theme park. Everyone looked like themselves, just a cartoon version of themselves. I guess a computer doing the translating and projecting in real time might be a bit much today, but who knows what might happen in the future. It was such a cool dream that I want this to be possible. At least in a theme park where everyone is aware of what is going on.

But also it could be scary because it could be used to make someone die. I mean, what if you were driving and you thought you saw a tunnel and you crashed your car into something that was covered with the illusion of a road? You could drive into a big hole or something. Once the illusion is down, the cops would just think you drove into a hole or crashed into the side of a mountain.

I mean, what if there was a man hole cover and they make it look like solid ground, someone could walk right in and not see it.

It would be a good way to kill someone and make it look like an accident.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jessieg

dont know if this ones been posted kinda sounds like your dream

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jessieg

Good point, I could definately see this being used in wartime situations, I am actually surprised that they are not using it it for defensive applications at military bases in hostile hotspots. If I was this company I would try getting a contract with the government and make some booku bucks!

-Kdial1

top topics

join