It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some B-2 theorys...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I just had some ideas after watching stealth and beyond.... about the b2..

If anyone remembers awhile back some ppl claimed that in the leading edge of the wing there are some wires...some theorized that they were possibly ion lifter like devices that moved the air so the wing could experience less drag...and all kindsa other weird theorys...

I got to thinking, it could very well just be their radar they developed... while watching stealth and beyond the guy mention they had to figure out how to develope and fit radar into teh aircraft.... and i was thinking that would very well be the most effective way...as for not being able to fly in rain / moist atmospheres...that could most likely be because of hte RAM

just some ideas....lemme know what you think....is it radar...or is it 'antigravity'

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I alwias just assumed that it was the antigravity/thrust drive, but that is certantlly a good observation. I don't know much about radar, but I heard that the leading edge is charged to millions of volts. I don't know if that kind of a charge would be nessissary for a radar. What I was wondering though, is if the B2 is coverd in the RAM, and the radar is Inside the B2, how does the internal radar signal get out of the B2?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
they could have spots where the B-2 is not as well covered with ram but if not then the only other option would be on the outside unless we dont now something.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
well supposedly the radar and how it works and was developed for the b2, is highly classified, so the answers to:

"What I was wondering though, is if the B2 is coverd in the RAM, and the radar is Inside the B2, how does the internal radar signal get out of the B2?"

Probably lies somewhere in how it was done heh

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Well i do know that the radar is virtually undetectable by varrying its frequencies. Like a discl ball it wends out multiple frequences that are randomly chosen and stored by the computer. The differnet frequencies are then recieved by anteneas built flush with the skin like the raptor. The beauty of this system is while an enemy could listen in on just one frequency it would not last long enough to identify the source.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXtenz

If anyone remembers awhile back some ppl claimed that in the leading edge of the wing there are some wires...some theorized that they were possibly ion lifter like devices that moved the air so the wing could experience less drag...and all kindsa other weird theorys...

I got to thinking, it could very well just be their radar they developed... while watching stealth and beyond the guy mention they had to figure out how to develope and fit radar into teh aircraft.... and i was thinking that would very well be the most effective way...as for not being able to fly in rain / moist atmospheres...that could most likely be because of hte RAM

just some ideas....lemme know what you think....is it radar...or is it 'antigravity'

Seriously, if an antigravity generator exists, how big is it? Do you believe that they could fit it in the B-2? While the plane may look big, it still is pretty tight inside like most planes are. And why would they place such a top secret device in a now open project? I also doubt that they would have risked the planes over Bosnia with that kinf of Tech!

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
i never suggested it was antigravity..other ppl have...and the now open project wasnt open awhile back...

i suggested the so called anitgravity or electrokenetic propulsion ppl theorized about...was simply radar that they developed for it..

and btw its not exactly as open as you think....while they do acknowledge the b2... they still will not disclose alot of its technologys...

[edit on 28-6-2004 by eXtenz]

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The reason why the B-2 is so efficient and long-ranged is it's unusual shape. The flow of the skin provides little friction to wind, no tail surfaces dramatically reduces it and the entire plane creates lift. Infact b-2 pilots litterally have to land like a Navy fighter inorder to prevent the plane from taking off again. the Huge wing area is great for carrying extra fuel for long trips and the bulging midrift carrys humongous amounts of ordinances without much penalty because of all the extra lift. if the US has an anti-gravity device it would be better suited to another aircraft because the B-2 doesnt need the extra lift.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by roniii259
Well i do know that the radar is virtually undetectable by varrying its frequencies. Like a discl ball it wends out multiple frequences that are randomly chosen and stored by the computer. The differnet frequencies are then recieved by anteneas built flush with the skin like the raptor. The beauty of this system is while an enemy could listen in on just one frequency it would not last long enough to identify the source.

ronniii259 is correct about the way the b-2 radar works I know people that worked on this planes construction and I have to tell everyone there is no antigravity or anything like that on it. I is the most advanced known aircraft ever built even more so than the shuttle and is a technologicail wonder in its own right without the claim of antigravity system. Interesting thing about the b-2 is if you know how many b-2s there are you know how many major nuclear missile faclities there are in russia. This plane was built as a first strike weapon built to carry nukes though its used as a non nuclear bomber this was not what it was designed for.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Originally posted by roniii259

ronniii259 is correct about the way the b-2 radar works I know people that worked on this planes construction and I have to tell everyone there is no antigravity or anything like that on it. I is the most advanced known aircraft ever built even more so than the shuttle and is a technologicail wonder in its own right without the claim of antigravity system. Interesting thing about the b-2 is if you know how many b-2s there are you know how many major nuclear missile faclities there are in russia. This plane was built as a first strike weapon built to carry nukes though its used as a non nuclear bomber this was not what it was designed for.

My impession was it was primarily designed to hunt mobile soviet ICBM launchers. 21 were built but the origional request was for 100 If I recall correctly. Now there is easily 100 stratgic targets in Russia

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I believe there 21 major nuclear weapon sites but many more single missiles silos or mobile icbm launchers like you said. They settled on that number for a reason but there is for sure more than 21 targets to hit in russia but there are a certain number they consider more important than most. Northrop might be making another run of B-2s as the price has come down to produce them may be they can get closer to the 100 mark they wanted.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I was part of the B-2 research project a while back. I also have done over 400 hours of research into the B-2 since 1994. Maybe I can fill in some of the blanks.

First the peice about the B-2 not flying in the rain. That is PURE MYTH and has NO FACTUAL BASES! The B-2 can and does fly in the rain just like any other plane. As a matter of fact it had to fly for 8 hours non-stop in pouring rain to complete one of it's Required climatic tests. Rain has no effect on the B-2 in any way. However,you can't fly it in heavy hail storms, because the larger Ice can put small dents in the plane's skin.

Next, about the B-2's electrically charged skin and leading edge. We found evidence of both of these things in our research. They are very real. However, we where never able to prove conclusivly if they had to do with antigravity, or if they are just a part of a Top Secret active stealth system that is controled by the B-2's classified ZR-63 Defensive supprot system that is activated when the B-2 Spirit goes into "Stealth Mode". We have proof that this sysem exists and that it employs the Plasma Stealth principle, but we were unable to find any details of how it works. We Think the Plasma might be contained inside of the B-2's honeycombed skin.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Well im not sure how radar works but if there was a detectable amount of electricity flowing thru the leading edge of the wing, could it not be because of the radar? probably not just curious...

And for my own reason, I Never said the b2 had antigravity.... i was just tossing a theory out there to further debunk the myth... such as i DO beleive the radar is hidden in the leading edge of the wing...but i dont discredit the whole plasma stealth thing... i find it more likely it would use that energy to help reduce the friction of the FRONT of the wing cutting thru the air, by doing what lifter projects do...ionize the air and direct it elsewhere..thus they could effectively keep the air from touching the front of the wing all together, and create less drag.... (although we will probably never know what really is in the leading edge of the wing)

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Well im not sure how radar works but if there was a detectable amount of electricity flowing thru the leading edge of the wing, could it not be because of the radar? probably not just curious...

And for my own reason, I Never said the b2 had antigravity.... i was just tossing a theory out there to further debunk the myth... such as i DO beleive the radar is hidden in the leading edge of the wing...but i dont discredit the whole plasma stealth thing... i find it more likely it would use that energy to help reduce the friction of the FRONT of the wing cutting thru the air, by doing what lifter projects do...ionize the air and direct it elsewhere..thus they could effectively keep the air from touching the front of the wing all together, and create less drag.... (although we will probably never know what really is in the leading edge of the wing)

It would make sence to place your emmitting devices, antennas in the wings leading and trailing edge. Better aerodynamics better stealth etc. In fact if you look just below the leading edge, there are alot of cut out panels thar could hide antennas etc.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
At a airshow i went to they had a b-2 fly over and the air smelt ionized and it only just starting smelling like this when the b-2 flew over it could use ion winds

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   

First the peice about the B-2 not flying in the rain. That is PURE MYTH and has NO FACTUAL BASES! The B-2 can and does fly in the rain just like any other plane. As a matter of fact it had to fly for 8 hours non-stop in pouring rain to complete one of it's Required climatic tests. Rain has no effect on the B-2 in any way. However,you can't fly it in heavy hail storms, because the larger Ice can put small dents in the plane's skin.

Why would the B-2 or any other jet need to fly 8 hours in rain they fly above the clouds so there is no weather up there. Also any airplane can be damaged if it was flown in heavy hail try going supersonic when you have hail hitting your plane at those speeds

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Why would the B-2 or any other jet need to fly 8 hours in rain they fly above the clouds so there is no weather up there. Also any airplane can be damaged if it was flown in heavy hail try going supersonic when you have hail hitting your plane at those speeds

Ever hear of climb out? How do you think they get above that weather in the first place?

Modern military jets have to be able to fly in all weather conditions because that is what they will fly through on missions.

No pilot would ever want to fly in the hail at supersonic speeds, they aren't that dumb.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
There had been research done that said applying an electrostatic charge to varies parts of the aircraft could manipulate airflow over the rest of the aircraft, most likely to reduce drag, that's probably where this antigravity story came from.

jnaudin.free.fr...

There's the theory.

It might actually be on the B-2.

[edit on 22-7-2004 by MPJay]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

The 8 hours is a testing standard, Just like the B-2 had to be tested to a 3g tolerence limit. I don't see a strategic Bomber pulling 3g's. This is called over building, planes are built to stand up to conditions beyond anything they are ever expected to face as a safety precaution. Another example of this is with Nuclear Weapons, the B83 can lay in burning jet fule for 8 hours without detonating. Why would anyone leave a Nuclear bomb in a fire for 8 hours?

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

new topics

top topics

join