It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaska CBS Affiliate Conspires Against Joe Miller

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Can you even trust your local news affiliate?

The following voice mail message was inadvertently left on the cell phone of Joe Miller campaign spokesperson Randy DeSoto. The voices are believed to be those of the news director for CBS Anchorage affiliate KTVA, along with assignment editor Nick McDermott, and other reporters, openly discussing creating, if not fabricating, two stories about Republican nominee for U.S. Senate, Joe Miller.

Voices can be heard discussing an event to occur later that evening. Rather than just reporting the event as news, these people, as evidenced by the recording, sought to spin the event in a negative manner in attempt to smear Miller.

One way would exploit the law of averages. In all the crowd of campaign supporters there is surely to be at least one registered sex offender. Their goal is to find that person and exploit the association.

They also discuss using twitter to immediately disseminate any negative news related to the event in hopes to portray Miller and his supporters as fraught with chaos and hopefully create a "Rand Paul" moment.

TRANSCRIPT OF KTVA AUDIO
FROM OCTOBER 28, 2010
FEMALE REPORTER: That’s up to you because you have the
experience but that’s what I would do...I’d wait until you see who
shows up because that indicates we already know something...
[Laughter
[INAUDIBLE]
FEMALE REPORTER: Child molesters...
MALE REPORTER: Oh yes...Joe Miller’s...uh...get a list of
people/campaign workers which one's the molester
[INAUDIBLE]
FEMALE VOICE: You know that of all the people that will show up
tonight, at least one of them will be a registered sex offender.
[Laughter]
MALE REPORTER: We need to find that one person...
[INAUDIBLE]
FEMALE REPORTER: The one thing we can do is ....we won’t
know....we won’t know but if there is any sort of chaos whatsoever
we can put out a twitter/facebook alert: saying what the... ‘Hey Joe
Miller punched at rally.’
FEMALE REPORTER: Kinda like Rand Paul...I like that.
[Laughter]
FEMALE REPORTER: That’s a good one.

SOURCE[/ url]

edit on 31-10-2010 by GuyverUnit I because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GuyverUnit I

This is just another Example of the Liberal MSM using Unethical Practices to push their Agenda . Once this Election is Finally over , those reporters should all be Fired and have Charges pressed against them for Conspiracy to commit Fraud and Defimation of Character .

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
There is no professional integrity in the media today.
The USA has forgotten what honor is.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GuyverUnit I

From the stations home page I found this-www.ktva.com...

"It's unfortunate that this recording has happened."

A press release issued Saturday October 30, 2010, by the Joe Miller campaign claims that KTVA personnel, "openly discuss creating, if not fabricating, two stories about Republican nominee for U.S. Senate, Joe Miller." KTVA General Manager Jerry Bever says, "It's unfortunate that this recording has happened. It's unfortunate because it does not accurately reflect the journalistic standards of our newsroom and the garbled context will no doubt leave more questions than answers. The Miller campaign's analysis of the recording is incorrect in many material ways ranging from personnel involved in the conversation, the interpretation of conversation snippets and the reported transcript of the perceived garbled conversation."

"While the recording is real, the allegations are untrue," said Bever. "The recording was the result of a cell phone not being hung up after a call was placed to Randy DeSoto, Joe Miller campaign spokesperson, Thursday afternoon to discuss Joe Miller's appearance on that evening's newscast. That phone call was placed near the end of a coverage planning meeting in our newsroom regarding that evening's Miller rally in downtown Anchorage. The group of KTVA news personnel was reviewing potential "what-if" scenarios, discussing the likelihood of events at the rally and how KTVA might logistically disseminate any breaking news."

"Have we had internal discussions about the level of professionalism we need to bring to our conversations, internally and externally? Of course we have, this is a lesson to learn from."

It's a lesson to learn from.

Well ain't that Spaycial! When a "supposed" news agency gets caught planning on smearing a candidate, it is a lesson to learn from.

I thought it was called propaganda and smear journalism. Or maybe a criminal act, conspiring to commit liable or fraud maybe.

I would call it a learning experience for the viewers of this "News Agency". Ultimately that anything they say should be construed as lies.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hey, have some fun with the propaganda agency.

Leave a comment.

join