It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universal Declaration of Human Duties

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This isn't beautiful. It's misguided, misunderstood, and not even well thought out.

Example.

Article 19: All men and women must be willing to take care of themselves and own up to their responsibilities.

If people followed this article, why would they require others to take care of them?

Article 20: All men and women must be willing to defend their liberty with their life.

lib·er·ty
   /ˈlɪbərti/ Show Spelled[lib-er-tee] Show IPA
–noun, plural -ties.
freedom from arbitrary or despotic government or control.
freedom from external or foreign rule; independence.
freedom from control, interference, obligation, restriction, hampering conditions, etc.; power or right of doing, thinking, speaking, etc., according to choice.

Liberty does not mean I have to take care of the weak, infirm, or (note: not AND) parasitic members of society. In fact, this particular item you put up there basically means I have to fight all of the people who agreed with articles 1-18.

And yes, there are parasites, and they use this 'humanitarian' methodology to force the free willed and free thinking to their whims. Why should I give you my fish when you could just learn to fish? You're incapable of fishing? Why's that? Your arm is gone? So you're saying a physical impediment makes it impossible for you? Harder, perhaps, but that is how it works for everyone. You're too poor to afford a rod? Wrong - you can fish with trash, for absolutely free. Fishing is obviously a euphemism for many other things but bottom line is I take care of myself and don't expect others to do so for me. So why should I be expected to take care of others who refuse to take care of themselves?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

I'm sure you misunderstood and I would like for you to reread what it was that I posted. There are indeed times when one rules one self, however, we've all been witness to such as that have we not?

<< 1  2   >>

join