It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Doubt the Gradual Preparation Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I want Disclosure - which is only the precursor to the much bigger and more important Contact - as much as anyone who most desires it, but am unable to outright believe the fairly widely-held notion that there has been, for the past, say, 50 to 60 years (or however long), a secret program or policy among the PTB to gradually prepare the public for the eventual Disclosure of and (presumably) Contact with an advanced, presumably extraterrestrial civilization. (Advanced means morally-ethically and spiritually, obviously not just technologically). This is basically because there is a simply TOO inexpressably powerful base, or prevailing mentality, of ignorance, arrogance and apathy. The dominant culture of Earth humans is interested only in maintaining BELIEFS - blind faith, be it religious and/or political - with no DESIRE for greater knowledge and abilities. Religion, not to be confused with spirituality, worldwide is clearly GROWING, not diminishing.

It can be argued, and quite correctly, as I see it, that this "civilization" is even MORE strongly entrenched in the anthropocentric universe model today than in Galileo's time (roughly 400 years ago). Back then it was only religion that kept them backward, isolated, in the dark, but TODAY we have the double whammy of religion AND the monolithic de facto religion of secrecy-BASED government(s), the latter of which virtually NO ONE is able to properly criticize and undermine. Oh sure, there are plenty of ranters who go on and on about such ill-defined, unclear entities as the Illuminati, Bilderbergers, CFR, other secrect societies and groups, and of course that ever-specific (*sarcasm*) force referred to as the NWO, but effectively NO ONE can attack the most tangible, concrete, REAL stuff of which the SYSTEM of government is made. In the US, which is currently the world's only "superpower" (de facto empire), that's the National "Security" STATE, with all its alphabet soup agencies, and Black Budget - the entire SYSTEM that is the military-secrecy complex (not JUST military-industrial complex).

To move on to the next level of knowledge-consciousness primarily requires enough of a very clear and unequivocal rejection of government as we know it PERIOD, and that's very far from anywhere to be found.

OR, if there really HAS been a clandestine acclimation-to-ET program, it would seemingly HAVE to be something intended simply to absorb the shock as much as POSSIBLE. Certainly anyone with enough common sense who's (by definition) sufficiently in touch with reality can see that. Such an acclimation is or would be the equivalent of sandbagging around one's house before the flood hits, but the house gets heavily damaged anyway... And PERHAPS they're only preparing us for an invasion of plainly, or at least primarily, malevolent beings in the first place.

It seems pretty clear that most people don't have a problem knowing they're not ALONE in the universe; it's the confirmation of not being the CENTER of the universe that's the real cause of the fear/anxiety. That goes for not only the more obvious religious - particularly Abrahamic - nuts, but for a HUGE population of those who would stomp and scream and "stab and shoot and spit" their mere meaningless words to the contrary. "Actions speak louder than words" is the biggest understatement of all time. Actions, including inactions, are effectively ALL that speak PERIOD. One's willing enough (by definition) support of secrecy-BASED government shows a (plainly irrational) need to believe one's "civilization" is at least effectively the center of the universe. It's nothing more than a primitive, pathetic ego trip.

The overall or global macro-conspiracy is, primarily, however unconsciously or unintentionally (or not), WITHIN most of the common people, and NOT hapless victimization by the PTB or whatever outside force. Wake up and FOCUS on the heart of the matter: the need for SYSTEMIC change! Too many are too addicted to all talk and no action, and I see nothing that will ever impede that, therefore, apparently, no real progress like Disclosure-Contact will ever happen. I hope I'm wrong.

Remember the "Prime Directive," or whatever the real deal is actually called. No silver platters will be handed to ANYONE. No magical Superman will ever come a-soaring down to Earth, cape a-flappin', to save the day. There's no evidence, nothing vaguely resembling evidence, that any real breakthrough, real change, real progress will happen through any governmental or other outside action, so that leaves only popular action. Forgive me if this issue somehow turns out to be a case of accomplishment through passivity and ignorance (???), and I'm just unable to recognize it. Happy Hollow-weiner!

join