It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Aliens Exist Have They Conquered/Understand Death???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Lets say there are aliens out there that have mastered space travel, time travel and all other technologies that would boggle our minds... Would they have figured out a way to live forever? do you think they figured out exactly what happens after we/they die?

Just thinking about how much us humans obsess over the idea, if we were left to live here for another million years would we have figured it out by then? I haven't used to search function but I didn't see this brought up at all, of course this is all speculation but tell me what you think about it....
edit on 29-10-2010 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Humans are near figuring out ways to lengthy life greatly right now and we are only a class 0 civilization. Aliens coming here would have mastered it but wether it would be legal or used, no idea. Right now about 55mil people die a year worldwide. About 75mil people are born each year. This means we'd gain about 100mil people a year which means over population would happen FAST. Aliens coming here would have to be at least a class 2 civ and would have to have been around somewhere for atleast a few million years. Overpopulation.

The world tries to control population as it is now.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
Lets say there are aliens out there that have mastered space travel, time travel and all other technologies that would boggle our minds... Would they have figured out a way to live forever? do you think they figured out exactly what happens after we/they die?

Just thinking about how much us humans obsess over the idea, if we were left to live here for another million years would we have figured it out by then? I haven't used to search function but I didn't see this brought up at all, of course this is all speculation but tell me what you think about it....
edit on 29-10-2010 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

Very likely they have, or atleast some of them.
As a hint, I can refer to what the ancient Sumerian, Vedic and Hindu texts says about this, in regards of their leaders "from above".
It is described that these beings could live for many many thousands of years and almost seemed eternal in that aspect. However, they COULD die if they were seriously wounded and they could also be poisoned, but they could live for many thousands of years.

I can recommend reading the Sumerian Kings List for insight. The list is a chronology of the many kings that ruled in Mesopotamia, after that "The Kingship had been lowered from the Heavens".

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by krashx6

As you've stated we are figuring out how to lengthen our lifespans so we'll assume they have figured immortality out... What about their understanding of what happens after they die, you think that question would have been answered?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Well considering the huge distances involved in traveling , from what humanity would consider to be the nearest viable planetary system, i would think that unless aliens use space travel which maybe inhabitted by several new (space born) generations they would have to have an extremely long life span or , have some way (cryogenics) to fend of the ravages of time as they travel..

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Silly rabbit, we figured it out a long time ago. To conquor death you only have to die.

You will never know you died, when you die all the things that make you, you will go on and be again. (Law of conservation) The individual personality that you know as you is dead, it will not think again and therefore will never know it died. Yes, it's really that simple...

Now run along to the next roadblock to your awakening, we call it the self and it's a lot less rewarding as far as answers go...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

You're understanding of what happens after death is just an idea, even if it seems most likely out of all others... Everyone has different ideas on the subject but could a civilization be advanced enough to actually know the answer and have it be common knowledge....

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
That is one of the biggest conflicts I have when considering the whole singularity movement. At first I think wouldn't be great if we could live forever, which if you follow the singularity movement at all, you know is one of their main promises of future technology. However, then I consider ideas like reincarnation and what have you. I mean what if we have a short life span for a reason. The only way making this life last forever would really be beneficial is if there really was nothing after it.

I guess the biggest question we need to ask ourselves if we are ever faced with technological immortality is, "Are we missing out on something else by not dieing?"

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Well being immortal would probably just mean naturally living through the years without your health degrading, I don't mean you can't die of other causes like falling off a cliff or being shot multiple time... I was wondering though if their would be a technology great enough to give definitive proof of what exactly happens after they/we die....

new topics

top topics

join