It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New member chiming in...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Hello from the north, Finland. As a lurker for almost two years, I felt it was time for me to actually step out of the shadows and introduce myself. I guess I will still be the lurker in the dark, as in real life I'm more of an observer than participant in any discussion. I'm here to learn

Guess that my reason for signing up, or even reading on ATS, or being drawn to topics represented here, is the urge to know the truth. There is a little Fox Mulder in me, "I want to believe".. but the actual facts weight more in my scale. I'm having a really hard time making up my mind, no matter what's the discussion about. If there is strong arguments about anything, I'm as likely to follow, as I am to criticize. I'm always in between.
What I like the most about this site is that you get the extremes from both sides..you have this guy selling his silvery space-pinecone on the net, as a genuine alien artifact, and you have the side of total scientific (almost on the brink of ignorance..) reasoning (can't help thinking about Phage here).
So..ATS..just what I need, thanks.

CX

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS DogFin.

If you've lurked for a while you'll know the score here, but if you need anything, just shout.

Have fun.

CX.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Sounds like you know the ins and outs, enjoy (:::

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DogFin
Hello from the north, Finland. As a lurker for almost two years, I felt it was time for me to actually step out of the shadows and introduce myself. I guess I will still be the lurker in the dark, as in real life I'm more of an observer than participant in any discussion. I'm here to learn

Guess that my reason for signing up, or even reading on ATS, or being drawn to topics represented here, is the urge to know the truth. There is a little Fox Mulder in me, "I want to believe".. but the actual facts weight more in my scale. I'm having a really hard time making up my mind, no matter what's the discussion about. If there is strong arguments about anything, I'm as likely to follow, as I am to criticize. I'm always in between.
What I like the most about this site is that you get the extremes from both sides..you have this guy selling his silvery space-pinecone on the net, as a genuine alien artifact, and you have the side of total scientific (almost on the brink of ignorance..) reasoning (can't help thinking about Phage here).
So..ATS..just what I need, thanks.

Well welcome to the circus!

The thing I most like about ATS is NOT the bickering, but the mind-blowing discussions on here; you get viewpoints from all over the spectrum.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Exactly. This is my best news-source. You have the news represented, but you also get to read what other pepole feel or think about it. Kind of an interactive source of news
Great way of learning..

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DogFin

Welcome to ATS, and may I say thank you, thank you for not telling us you are a time traveler, a space alien, in cahoots with space aliens, or anything along those lines. A good old fashioned intro post. Seems they are getting rare around here.

Have fun and enjoy the place

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
From the beginning of my reading sessions here, I got the expression that you have to read between the lines to get to the core. That is where the true news are, the things to learn. I've read that there has been some concern about ATS and it's sudden flood of new members flooding/trolling it, and by signing up I want to make sure I'm standing on the right side of the fence.
I'd hate to see a site like this going under, due to these aliens, time-travellers etc.. not that I don't enjoy reading about them, but I'd like to be a part of the "real thing" here.
A little concerned, I guess. Usually I open up the discussions about Fragile Earth, Space Exploration, Science..and every time a "light in the sky" phenomenon occures (

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
SUP?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Welcome, HF filtering Fiction from facts

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DogFin

Greetings Dogfin, we all welcome you to interact with us.You're not the first lurker and I'm sure you wont be the last. I'm from England myself but have lived in America since about 1982 and I still want to get in the car on the wrong side. I'm pretty new to this site myself albeit I'm not new to the paradigm shift set before us that is going to totally change the dynamics of our reality as we know it. I would have to say I am very well seasoned as it has been my nature as far back as I can remember to ferret down the rabbit hole run. So I have much I can share with you, but for starters I'm going to give you some information that would appeal to Fox Mulder's skeptical persuasion. You'll get much out of these two videos as David Wilcock a sensitive also has a scientific background. Return to Camelot contains much more of the information that defeats the most common criticisms skeptics make.

video.google.com...# The 2012 Enigma by David Wilcock

divinecosmos.com...

Enjoy!

In light and love!

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Hello to you!

I know a few Finnish people in London.

Have you ever read the Kalevala? I have a copy in my bookshelf, it's definitely the weirdest creation story in the history of the world.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenGlow

Wilcock as in the reincarnation of Edgar Cayce?

That name always gives me kind of an uneasy feeling. Can't really make up my mind on him. Much of what he speaks of rings true to me, but sometimes it's a bit thick..
Guess I'll be hearing about him more in the future, perhaps getting something to tip my scale, but for now he sits in the same section as David Icke and his reptilians.

You are not alone in wanting to get in the car from the wrong side
I used to work as a mailman here for over 5 years, and now after doing other things for over two years, it still happens!
edit on 1/11/10 by DogFin because: added the mailman syndrome..

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS ! Here's your complimentary tin foil hat, and your bucket of chicken...mmmm...chicken...what was I saying?

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Hi

You'd make a better Finn than me, I don't even have the book
I know the story, and the main characters by name, but it is surprisingly little they teach about our national epos in school.
If I remember correctly it was put together by Finland's first doctor, Elias Lönnrot (I know it was him, but not sure if he was the first doctor though..) He went on these trips to collect stories from the people, and then put them all together in what we know as Kalevala.

oh, and many thanks for all the welcomes to all of you!

top topics

join