It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Society Reaching a Tipping Point?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Just read a very interesting and insightful article on zerohedge.com about the changing socio-economic landscape and the current economic paradigms inability to adapt to it.

I believe we have finally breached the tipping point in the socio-political landscape of the United States of America. There will be no going back from here. Everyone on all levels of society including the elites must make a choice. Will you stand for real reform and an end of the feudalistic rule of the oligarchs and their paid-off puppets that line the streets of Washington D.C., or will you keep your mouth shut and play the old and dying game in the context of a completely different cultural environment?

You can read the rest of the article Here

I personally have felt for a long time that the way the world has done business for the last 100 years just isn't relavent anymore. We are going to need to make fundamental changes to our core institutions like our type of government and our monetary policy.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I say the solution is to release overunity, thereby eliminating money and the profit motive, replacing it with the problem-solving motive to get things done, and this whole thing would have a very positive end result. Keep the money in the system and it will bring down most everyone with it when it collapses.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The "Elites" will never reform, unless they can make tons of money off of the deal. The only way reform could possibly work is if we find a way to destroy the value of currency, be it precious metals or stones.
Of course then they'd try to find a way to make money off of what's suppose to already be free... water & air... oh wait.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
No it is not, so keep buying more oil.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by wisintel

S&F

I agree the system doesn't work - but suspect nothing will change until it fails completely. Even then, the majority of ordinary people will just accept whatever comes along. They're too overworked, tired and accustomed to being powerless to think and act.

top topics

join