It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Art of The Steal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I just watched this movie on cable the other night. I had absolutely no idea what it was about when I started watching, but boy I am glad I did. It is an absolutely fantastic demonstration of all the evil that is government.

The story revolves around a 25 billion dollar private art collection that the Philadelphia city managers and public museum operators have been wanting to get their hands on for decades. The story paints a clear picture of how powerful forces come together to take over a political landscape through the use of private trusts, public funding of schools, and the publicly funded court system.

I highly recommend this film – if you are a libertarian, it will have you fuming mad by the time it is over.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

I wll definitely watch this in the very near future.
I'll come back and post my opinion then. Looks like an awesome documentary, not only for the story, but also for the amazing art displayed.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by aaguedaa
reply to post by mnemeth1

I wll definitely watch this in the very near future.
I'll come back and post my opinion then. Looks like an awesome documentary, not only for the story, but also for the amazing art displayed.

Yeah, I was absolutely floored.

I had no idea what this was about when I started watching. I was kind of confused at first hahaha. I thought it was going to be an action adventure flick about art thieves like The Thomas Crown Affair hahaha.

I'm so glad I continued to watch it.

edit on 28-10-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

join