It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Men are made to feel like Fiends

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I came across this article and think it is an important one. It is encouraging to see that women are also aware of the programming and brainwashing going on in the media regarding Men. Miranda Devine, the author of the article, gives some good examples of how the image of Men has been harmed by the unfair assumption that adult Men being near children means they are dangerous paedophiles looking to cause harm and mischief.

ONE sunny morning last week a 55-year-old advertising executive and father was walking to work on Sydney's North Shore when he came across a toddler wandering by himself just 10m from busy Military Rd (in North Sydney), no guardian in sight.

"Where's your mummy," he asked the small boy, who didn't respond and kept walking towards the dangerous thoroughfare.

Against his instinct, the man did not pick up the boy, for fear of being accused of being a paedophile abductor.

Instead, as the child kept moving towards danger, he called to a lady in a nearby shop to ask if the boy was hers. She ran outside and chased the toddler down.

In the commotion the mother emerged from a nearby shop, apparently unperturbed.

But the man was angry.

"What would have got her upset is if I had picked the boy up when I saw him, which was my first instinct," he said.

"If the child had walked on to Military Rd and been killed I would have had to wear the guilt for life. Men have been reduced to [failing to react] when they see a child in danger for fear of being labelled paedophiles."

Why are all men made to feel like fiends?

I can think of situations in my own life where I have had the fear of false accusations against me prevent myself from helping others. A few years back I was walking in a department store that was quite busy. There were young kids, boy and girl, playing catch with each other and they were running amok. I thought back to how I used to play catch as a child and just laughed it off. Next thing I knew, the young girl came out of nowhere and ran right into me. She went flying into the corner of a display box and began to cry. Before I could even check if she was ok, I saw her mother come running to me. As I stopped, shocked by what had happened, she said to me: "what do you think you are doing!". I was speechless.

My initial response was to see if the girl was alright, but the response from the mother made me feel like a criminal who had been caught in the act of trying to harm a child. I explained to her that I was simply walking when I was run into by the girl without time to react. She maintained a bitter, distrustful look on her face and comforted her child like she had just saved her from a house on fire.

I have other examples, but I feel the message has been conveyed sufficiently by the comprehensive article and I would rather people focus on the issue at hand than on my own experiences.
edit on 28/10/2010 by Dark Ghost because: spelling

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Not another on this planet has had the amount of flase accusations i have made up about me. Guess why all this happened. Just because i was honest and said i did not fancy females.

I have had the police investigate my life for all sorts of things, and not one thing they made up was ever true.

So i know what you mean. I remember being at the bbc, and saying you do not fancy females, its like peopel think and pretend you have some sort of disease, and they have to make up anything they can about you, and try to destroy you.

Certainly 100% males are seen as fiends. All the stuff they have made up about me is amazing. Your be hard pressed to find 1 person on this planet who has not done anything wrog like me, especially females.

I keep on saying if someone makes up stuff about a male who does not fancy females, the police and gov will go after your life like there is no tomorrow. But if they make up about a male who likes females, and he could be the biggest beast man in society, just for liking females.

I am personally glad i was honest and siad i did not fancy females, but man how it wrecked my life, and op is right.

Op is exactly right, males are always depicted as this and that.

All i say to the police that have ruined every day of my life of hearsay, your scum(i am surely allowed to say that as they have effect murdered me without me ever commiting a crime).

I just wonder how many innocent males, who like me because they where quiet and did nothing to no one, was destroyed by this attitude.

Personally i would never bother helping anyone on the street and just ignore no matter what goes on. The good samaritan ideals, is something that is dangerous, and could get you be seen as some sort of what ever like you say.
edit on 10/28/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
They're just jealous of our pregnancy juice. Is all.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I agree, it's crazy.

People automatically think the worst of men in certain situations.

I think we as a society have become more paranoid due to the amount of news we get through newspapers, tv and the internet. It gives everyone a very warped view on how we are in general.

When I was a kid, we only had three tv channels and a daily newpaper. News items were only shown two or three times on an evening so you didn't get to see much.

When we used to go to the local park, there were many times when the old people out for a stroll would chat to us, ask us what we were doing etc. Now that can't happen as people fear being branded a pervert.

edit on 28-10-2010 by Tykonos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
If you read through some of the comments there, you will notice a lot of female posters whining about how "real men" shouldn't care about their reputation and lives. Reminds me strongly of some of the replies we get on ATS in threads dealing with these kinds of issues. The vast majority of comments seem to agree they share this uneasy fear of being branded and having their lives destroyed for merely wanting to help a young person in danger! I find it hard to believe that such a varied series of accounts agreeing with the article means all those people are describing a problem that only exists in their minds.

The more significant issue at heart is why there are so many kids wondering around with the potential to find themselves in dangerous situations. Maybe if parents did a better job supervising their own kids - instead of expecting strangers to risk their lives, reputation and career to make up for this - this would not be such a problem. Of course, promoting the idea that there is a big evil man waiting to pounce on your kids is more beneficial for those in power than is encouraging parents to properly supervise and protect their own kids!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
This is what it feels like to be in a suspect group.

I think the only answer a person can have to protect yourself first, and then help where you can without risking everything for your OWN family.

Remember the guy in florida whose disabled daughter was being beaten and fondled by other kids on the school bus? He got on the bus and started yelling at them for mistreating a special needs child, and THEIR parents acted like he was a terrorist.

The most important thing is to admit that there are certain people YOU personally cannot help. Not because of them, but simply because YOU are a limited person who cannot help that needy individual.

Look at it this way, if the child needed brain surgery, would you perform it? No, because you are not in a position to help the kid in a meaningful way. Neither are you the one to help them in an emergency, because you may be sued and your own family lose a brother, dad, etc.

I think that if the child in the article HAD come to harm, the man could have evaded any charges by claiming victim-hood: "I was paralyzed by fear" etc. Being a coward is no longer shameful, and so it is an answer to prosecution.

Having the dreaded Y-chromosome, on the other hand, is turning out to be more and more of a birth-defect.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The double standard here is pretty clear to me. Parents claim they want to protect their children, that is why they are skeptical when men are around them because "they've heard stories". While they're so busy touting their parenting skills by demonizing a gender, their children are wandering the streets and getting into dangerous situations.

Another reason that the right to reproduce should be limitted. Want a child? Fill out this form and sign here. We'll decide if you're capable of it.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I've got another incident that ties in with this.

My husband coaches gymnastics, and the parents have raised concern about the way that he hugs the children when they show up for class. The problem is that it's not like he is the one running across the gymnasium to hug the children, the kids are. The parents then demonize him for hugging them, and he is now expected to avoid the childrens' hugs and tell them that it is inappropriate.

Now he's going through more parental control turmoil because one of the parents saw him touch his daughter on the behind when catching her from falling off of the uneven bars.... now he is... quite literally... expected to just stand there and watch this six year old girl break her neck in front of him because the parents don't feel comfortable seeing him save her life by touching her "naughty areas
". I guess he might as well just go sit in the other room and drink coffee, because the only reason gymnastic coaches exist is to push little girls' butts up and over a bar to teach them form and technique. And if you think he is getting off pushing your lardy-ass children over bars then you are naive at most.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This issue is but a thorn on a very large bush. A bush built on hatred. Society is gearing up to eliminate men. It will happen eventually if nothing is done about it. The hatred,fear, and dehumanizing is at such a high level, it would be insane to think there isn't an agenda that is nurturing all this. From what I can tell, TPTB were originally behind it, although I don't think they thought it would reach such extreme levels (for example, even males want males off this Earth). I think it has evolved into something much more than the intended 'keeping men in line and in control programming' that the evil powers intended it to be. It has evolved into a monster that we haven't seen since the days of Nazi Germany. Talk about depressing. Life just isn't worth living without love. Love has been replaced by this libido frankenstein that we see today. It is fake love. Sometimes the pain from this gets so bad, I feel like killing myself. I have to pick myself up though, and brush it off. I have to remind myself it's just Communism. The real world is not like this.
edit on 28-10-2010 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

That is one of the most depressing aspects about the issue. So many men have been conditioned to believe they are evil for simply expressing their masculine attributes. It's almost like you have to apologise because you were born a man. You have to modify your natural behaviour so that non-adult males can feel comfortable and safe.

Walking back from the train station? Well, don't walk too quickly behind that lady or she will think you are stalking her. Don't offer to help that lady with the parcels in the parking lot because she will think you are trying to mug her. Don't grab the hand of a young child walking into oncoming traffic because you will be accused of trying to abduct her. Don't watch children on the equipment at the playground because you will be considered a pervert.

Where does this type of mindset lead us?

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
It's just a symptom of the larger syndrome: the death of community and civility.

Men are no longer trusted when they are strangers. ( This is probably a wise policy, and has probably always been the way most people have lived).

The difference is that now, in more and more of your day, you are a stranger to the people around you.

Sure, you'd be supportive of a man at work, whom you knew, helping a child to avoid traffic. But not at the mall, not at the movies, not on a streetcorner. And since you spend more and more of your life in traffic with strangers, in line with strangers, or in buildings full of strangers, you don't trust men.

The one upshot is, since everyone is a stranger, you can fart pretty much whenever you need to. Supermarket, whatever. It's not like you're ever going to see those people again. So, let 'er rip.

new topics

top topics

join