It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mt. Everest Freedom Bunker..(It's Total Fiction You Understand).

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
WARNING
The following is total (BS) derived from sheer boredom and is only posed as a passing question, just for my own personal chuckles.. I never graduated architecture, but I did study it for a little while and I like drafting on AutoCad, and I’m working on a little project. So if you would like to attempt a guesstimate about what I propose please do so, otherwise I promise this is a waste of both your IQ points and time. Thanks.

With all the talk about the world’s power elite allegedly building “doomsday Arks” Seed vaults and underground bunkers in preparation for 2012, or simply global annihilation; I found it interesting to contemplate what actually goes into the creation of one.

Not long ago there was a thread titled something to the effect of “What would your ideal bunker be?” and I remember many answers to the question that I found fascinating for various reasons namely the creativity that goes into the development of one.

One of the biggest factors is COST. That’s a relatively simple question since the documents are available on websites, and surprisingly enough they are not all that expensive, governmentally or corporately speaking.
But if you happened to be ridiculously wealthy and I do mean VERY FREAKING WEALTHY and had a few other equally wealthy associates could you build your own super bunker? Of course the question is obviously a yes.

That being said I would like an ATS price quote for construction of the following.

I WANT TO PLACE THIS :>>>>>>>>>>>

INSIDE THIS:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That’s right, I want to place something the size of freedom ship inside Mount Everest.

I want it at an altitude of at least 12,000 to 15,000 feet or roughly half way up.

I know how much freedom ship is supposed to cost but the cost of labor and transporting materials, mining, building refineries and the like eludes me. Though I don’t expect a realistic answer per se I would like to know what others may say.

Honestly I don’t even know how the hell you would start something like this, but I find the problem interesting to tackle, kind of like building the pyramids in Egypt.
It should probably be understood as well that the facility will have a nuclear reactor and a crew of at least 5,000 who live and work there, so ..you know, something to factor in there.

I was trying to look at relatively comparable feats of engineering specifically in Dubai to figure the cost of my bunker. I was amazed to discover that the Burj Khalifa cost a total of 1.5 Billion dollars, and that’s for the whole complex NOT just the building. While what I propose is far more substantial I have a hard time believing it could cast more than 500 Billion dollars after you shake out the luxuries.

In the movie 2012 the world’s governments were secretly building something that would be very comparable to what I’m talking about though maybe not as extreme.

Now I know people will get all pissy when I start hollowing out the side of Mt. Everest to put my blatantly American bunker inside, but I expect to throw money at that situation, so let us pretend it doesn’t exist.

I need the following:

1 Lots and lots and lots of materials, namely steal and cement.

2 Labor not seen since the construction of the pyramids. I also need it cheap.

3 Government permission….lets assume we corrupted someone.

4 The Nuclear plant that gives the facility power, unless a cheaper alternative can be found without the fuss of using fissionable materials around that area.

5 A highly qualified group of professionals in the fields of physics, engineering, chemistry, mechanics, medicine, animal husbandry, botany, and many other things that will be paid handsomely to live there in luxury with their families and maintain the facility.

The facility is a 100% self sustaining highly fortified mini city that can last without outside sources for hundreds of years..

All this being said, please quote me a price. Is it more or less than what America has spent in the last few years?

Thanks

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
It's quite simple, really. Follow my infallible 3 step program.

1. Become the principle share holder of the Federal Reserve.

2. ?

3. Success!

Also, less. Much, much less. Maybe a few months of airforce budget.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

LMAO!

Truly an infallible plan.
Strangely enough I figured as much.
Thanks.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20.

That being said I would like an ATS price quote for construction of the following.

$84 Billion

Here's how I arrived at that figure

Three Gorges Dam- $26 Billion
MS Oasis of the Seas - 1.4 Billion
USS George H.W. Bush - 6.2 Billion
---------------------------------------------------
33.6 Billion X 2.5 = $84 Billion

The three richest men in the world, working together, could make this happen.

During the Great Depression the winning bid to build the Hoover Dam was won by Six Companies, INC
edit on 28-10-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Who knows? This may not be far from the truth
But it sounds like if you're not there, you're auto dead. OP, in this hypothetical world, is this true?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

YES! damn fine estimate, in fact I was hoping to come in at just over 100 billion so that's great thanks for that.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

Honestly I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Unless your saying that if you don't have a place within said facility you will be dead.
Thats not really my idea. More or less I'm merely proposing the construction of a "what if" bunker. With an emphasis that everyone inside regardless of worldly class MUST perform duties that are distributed according to aptitude. Moreover such duties would e rotated on a monthly schedule. So freaking Rockefeller, if he were there may be sweeping floors or cleaning toilets.

Tickets are given away by lottery and one person can bring six others. a pregnancy counts as one.
This is more of an experimental idea rather than an actual End of the world bunker, though the overall scheme leans in that direction.

I actually worked out a sort of guideline for entry into facility that would pick and choose people, but not by class and not necessarily by genetics. Horrible I know.

top topics

join