It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, Another Problem with Illinois Voting.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
First we have the military getting the shaft and Illinois gets a free pass. Now we have what could turn out to be a voting scam. Interesting

This year marks the first Illinois election that any registered voter can cast their ballot by mail, no excuses necessary. Even as the deadline for those ballots to be postmarked nears, problems are brewing.

An Illinois county election official is telling the ABC 7 I-Team that thousands -- potentially hundreds of thousands -- of voters who are expecting a ballot sent to them by mail may be disenfranchised.

Chicagoan Rosia Carter is one of 404,000 registered Illinois voters who recently received vote-by-mail requests that were sent by the Illinois Democratic Coordinated Campaign.

"By the time I filled it out and sent it in, my vote would not get counted," Carter said.

THis part is strange. I didn't realize that a third party could handle this type of information for their own database.

She and others called the I-Team when they noticed the return address is not their local election official but instead a PO box for the organization. IDCC officials claim they are entering ballot request information into their own database before sending the mailings on to election authorities who then mail voters the ballot.

The Lake County clerk received a shipment of 500 ballot requests from the IDCC Tuesday. By law, her office has two days to process the ballot requests. The problem is, Thursday is the deadline for election officials to get the ballots out.

IDCC told the clerk that another 1,500 ballot requests are headed to her office, which, she says, may not give her enough time to process all the ballots, potentially disenfranchising voters.

Apparently, the IDCC farmed out this task to yet another set of hands. This contractor also entered incorrect birth dates into the ballot requests.

The IDCC says that less that "1 percent of the ballot applications have been affected by the date-of-birth glitch and that a voter's birthday is not a required piece of personal data to request a ballot."

"If it affects only one person, it's wrong. If it affected just me, it's wrong. System needs to be checked.

abclocal.go.com.../iteam&id=7747590

There is clearly a problem in Illinois and the fallout on Tuesday is going to be tremendous in Illinois and around the country as we continue to read stories like this.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
this year elections are off to a horrible start.

this, coupled with the potential fraud they are dealing with in nevada...im already discouraged..

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Anyone in Illinois care to ring in on this?
Chicagoland residents?

new topics

join