It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judaism on Original Sin!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I just got done reading some amazing articles online and let me tell you Judaism and the teachings of the faith are great! I have finished reading about Christianity claim of Original Sin and I can tell you I am happy for leaving my Christian faith.
Are Humans So Sinful That They Need a Sinless Agney to Redeem Them?

Do Jews Believe in the Doctrine of Original Sin?

Jews do not believe in the doctrine of original sin. This is a Christian belief based on Paul's statement, "Therefore just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned" (Romans 5:12). The doctrine was fully developed by the church father, Augustine of Hippo (354-430). According to this doctrine, hereditary sinfulness is inescapably transmitted to human beings by their parents, starting with Adam and Eve. It is alleged that only acceptance of Jesus as savior from sin can redeem a person from sin. All those who do not accept Jesus as their savior from sin are condemned to eternal suffering in hell. Whether man is a sinner by nature or not is immaterial. Judaism teaches the biblical way to repentance and reconciliation with God. Sincere repentance in which the sinner pledges to rectify his sinful ways and lead a righteous life is one means that is open at all times to all of humanity (Jonah 3:5-10, Daniel 4:27). God counsels Cain, "Why are you annoyed, and why has your countenance fallen? If you do good [that is, change your ways], will it not be lifted up [that is, you will be forgiven]. But if you do not do good, sin rests at the door; and it desires you, but you may rule over it" (Genesis 4:6-7). God informs Cain that repentance and subsequent forgiveness are always open to him. The remedy for sin is clear. Biblically, God's loving-kindness depends on right conduct and extends to all humanity.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
God informs Cain that repentance and subsequent forgiveness are always open to him. The remedy for sin is clear. Biblically, God's loving-kindness depends on right conduct and extends to all humanity.

And this is the single best reason that I am no longer Christian. They seem to harp on this business of sin so much that it seems there is nothing else of interest for them. Sick.

tt

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet

ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet,

Well now, Ec 7:20 For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not. Also take note that to do away with sin one would have to do away with the Royal Law. Ro 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. Isa 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour. KJV. He came to save you why do you refuse Him?

Truthiron.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I've always viewed "original sin" as being more of an explanation of why we're always out of sorts with God, why we struggle to do what we know he wants, and what we know to be the right thing to do. Christians believe that we are born "dead in sin", not because a baby is evil or anything, but because of this gulf between us and God that is inherent in our being, because of the disconnect that started so long ago. Being baptized in Christ makes us "reborn" in the new covenant, and no longer dead to sin, through Christ's sacrifice.

I suspect that the source of your quote there is a Rabbi in a more liberal branch of Judaism, and that if you asked a Conservative or Orthodox Rabbi, his perspective would be quite different (apart from all the "Jesus stuff", they'd agree on that :-)

I don't remember if you're a male, but if you are, I presume that you have been circumcised (literally) if you were not. Forgiveness and unity with God in Judaism comes through circumcision and the Law (full adherence to it, not just the easy stuff like giving up pork chops and not killing people) as well as the Temple sacrifices spelled out in the Torah. You can't just say "I think I'll be Jewish, I'm sorry for my sins, God" and that's the end of it.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Well I guess we can all agree on one thing, Man Sins. Judaism, just like Christianity believes that Adam was the first man and eve was the first woman, That we all stem from them. Forgot what we are arguing about.lol Oh yeah, original sin. Is not your "Jewish bible" the same as the Christian bible?(OT) What sect of Judaism would you be?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

I believe in all Judaism. The Christian is either translated wrongly or misinterpreted. You see a verse one way and I see it the way it was supposed to be.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Oh I see, you represent all Jews, and all sects. Get real . Your wrong in your assumption.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Well then you can get a life of your own. I don't believe in the false religion of Christianity and it's beliefs. There is no original sin and Jesus is not God.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Well la-te-da. Who cares about you and your own idealistic view on Judaism. Obviously you have no clue as to what you believe let alone what Jews believe.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I can say the same for you. I might know all. But I know a lot and I can tell Jesus is not the Messiah. You're childish antics is just sad.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I don't understand how you say there is not original sin.

And your quote about cain is outa context. At least to me it was. I thought you were saying God said this after he killed his brother. It was actully before. God was basically saying "hey, if you do whats right (bring me the first best portion like your bro) then itll go well with you, If not, your breeding contempt and anger in you and sin is just waiting for you to act on it"
At least thats how I read it.

new topics

top topics

join