It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finding the Neanderthal within ourselves

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The brains of human and Neanderthal babies were almost identical

When we're born, our brains are pretty much indistinguishable from those of our extinct Neanderthal relatives. Were our ancestors really so different from Neanderthals after all?

It's a major ongoing debate among scientists as to how intelligent Neanderthals really were. Although there's a entrenched popular notion that Neanderthals were dullards compared to modern humans, recent research has challenged that notion. In particular, it turns out Neanderthals have brains that are about the same size of modern humans, which suggests they could have possessed much the same levels of cognitive ability.

io9.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef2aa62df875.jpg[/atsimg]

They are suggesting that we when we are born that our infant brains are identical to that of the Neanderthal infant brain. The more research that is being done today the more it is proving that we are more alike than not. Apparently at the age of about a year the infant brain did not take the same path as far as intelligence.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by colin42
Hi All

Also, now this is a leap. In mythology the description of Neanderthals seems pretty close to how the Dwarfs are described even down to living below ground. By default compared to them those from the south compare favourably with Elves. This makes me wonder if mythology is some sort of herd memory or verbal history that has become myth over time. If this idea has any legs it could give an insight into the relationship between the two peoples.

now you're talking things that I also have thought about,stories of dwarves and trolls and such that live underground ,I never thought about the elf angle this way before ,but as I alluded in on of my previous posts ,I think they had some impressive shamans ,and I also think there is a very deep mythological connection to them, I think they made a huge impression on our psyches ,that will never be undone,I miss them

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Hi MrsBlonde

If you have not done so already get a copy of Entangled by Graham Hancock

Its a fiction about a stone age tribe being used by an evil entity to destroy the Neanderthals whose pure spirit and understanding of nature prevent the entity from dominating the modern day world.

The Title 'Entangled' alludes to the interaction with the two heroines one stone age human, one modern day female and a tribe of Neanderthals.

I may have made the story seem lame by my description but I assure you it is gripping. My one gripe is it is at least part one which has left me hanging waiting for part 2

Link below is for preview where he reads a chapter or two.

Google Graham Hancock: www.grahamhancock.com...

Back to mythology.

The reason for my comparison to the migrants from the south being the elves is that man is always described seperately which makes you wonder if modern man is not the result of interbreeding and that explains why the other two races are said to deminish rather than have been wiped out by war.

It is probably a working of my imagination but I believe would make a good book in itself and is on my list of things to do before I pop my cloggs.
edit on 11-11-2010 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2010 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

I am reading Graham Hancocks book Entangled right now, it is amazing so far, loved his book non-fiction books Supernatural plus Fingerprints of the Gods, The Sign and the Seal and Underworld, he has written some fantastic books, I am still hoping he will be doing a book signing in this area again, would love to meet him.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 2theC

Do you want to know where the neanderthals came from? The greys! they tried to recreate big foot but could not and instead they started messing with human dna and created monkeys, and humans with too much hair. they have destroyed so many human lives. and i could go on and on about this that know one seems to know about but is in plane open sight. open your eyes. humanity came from different planets, pleides, arcturius, serius. this is where we came from as beautiful human beings.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by seeer

The question here is not where Neantherals came from, it's our connection with them, this isn't an Alien or Creation thread.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

The only connection you have with them is that they are part human, Humans did not come from these quys, but were genetically altered to make you think so. how about that. This thread may not be about aliens but i am telling you and others where they came from and how. take it or leave it.

this is the truth.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeer

The only connection you have with them is that they are part human, Humans did not come from these quys, but were genetically altered to make you think so. how about that. This thread may not be about aliens but i am telling you and others where they came from and how. take it or leave it.

this is the truth.

They, Neanderthals are not part human. They are a branch from a common ancestor.

Correct. Humans did not come from them as above, we share a common ancestor.

Please give reasons why aliens would want to make us think we did. Does this mean they faked the link between us and all other primates and why? Is this the same Alien that faked the dinosaur fossils?

Second thoughts I'll take your offer of 'take it or leave it' and leave it.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
neanderthals are a sub species not a different species do to the fact that the max plank institute basically proved the interbreeding between early atomically modern humans they the neanderthal population was cut off from the rest of the sapien for around a 100k years making the differences in the groups. there average brain size was around 1500cc vs our 1400cc but as said above our brains develop differently and size does not mean smarter but the number and way it folds so they can be any were from slightly smarter then us to slightly less intelligence.
On a curious side note there does seem to be two flavors of Neanderthals the ones found in the middle east are not as short or as bulky as the European versions also the caves out side of Israel show ATM humans and neanderthals living side by side around 100k years ago and even signs of hybridization.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by logos12

On a curious side note there does seem to be two flavors of Neanderthals the ones found in the middle east are not as short or as bulky as the European versions also the caves out side of Israel show ATM humans and neanderthals living side by side around 100k years ago and even signs of hybridization

It is curious, it tells me that there is much to learn, if they lived along side humans at that time then where is the evidence of how they evolved after that, there is too much missing and too much speculation, this is certainly a work in progress and we may never know the truth of it.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

around 76,000bce Toba blew its top and killed most of all the humans in the middle east they may have been killed at that point. the African humans reached the lowest population in numbers in our history only a few thousand.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Neanderthals, Humans Interbred—First Solid DNA Evidence
Most of us have some Neanderthal genes, study finds.

May 06, 2010

The next time you're tempted to call some oaf a Neanderthal, you might want to take a look in the mirror.

According to a new DNA study, most humans have a little Neanderthal in them—at least 1 to 4 percent of a person's genetic makeup.

The study uncovered the first solid genetic evidence that "modern" humans—or Homo sapiens—interbred with their Neanderthal neighbors, who mysteriously died out about 30,000 years ago.

Neanderthal-female reconstruction based on both fossil anatomy and DNA
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c3c81055e561.jpg[/atsimg]

Link

This article tells us they are us, to take a look in the mirror, they could very well be right, I personally think the jury is still out.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Thanks for the link Aquarius

Don’t know how I missed that news. Been waiting years for science to catch up with something I have believed for years.

I also think this info has been sat on for years for political reasons. The article indicates a world full of variety and mankind slowly absorbing the genes over the ages. So we are where we are today not by breeding the master race but by combining these groups into what we are today

Far from war being the demise of the Neanderthal it appears love was the future for all. Maybe another lost wisdom we need to relearn.

As for little archaeological evidence for the two groups living together. I see the groups being small and nomadic. The mixing of genes within these groups would be relatively quick and evidence of it very rare indeed.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Glad it is what you were looking for, there is a lot of information on the net about the Neanderthals but most of it is garbage, on occasion you can find a gem.

Thanks for posting.

<< 1   >>

join