It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New "Skyline" Movie based off Steven Hawking's ET predictions. Is it a warning?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

I agree with you my friend, In fact it is the final trump card that the elite has to play down on us, ( THAT EXTRATERRESTRIALS ARE MALEVOLENT AND WE SHOULD FIGHT THEM) Deception as usual. Now this is a load of crap.They are going to try to instill fear since terrorism didn't do much to this effect.
I am also in great disagreement with Steven Hawking, I can't understand how a man of such intelligence says something like "Aliens are Malevolent and that we should stay away from them". To me he sounded like he might have some interest to say such a misleading phrase or was instructed to say so. Whatever his motive was he should at least rephrase this and explain why. He lost some of his credibility by this statement from what I have read elsewhere.

Love and Light

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plan2exist18
I am open to the ideas of Extra Terrestrials and have posted on many sighting threads in my days, enough to be annoyed by the skeptics that plague their post-boards. Just caught this trailer on TV for this new movie, and it looks like things dont end to well for the humans.

Youtube Link: Skyline Trailer

What caught my attention was, in the movies plot, NASA sends a message into space with hopes of it being intercepted by any ET's out there. Now, I read/posted on a thread that described a NASA message sent towards teh Gliese Star system....just wondering what you guys think. Is Hollywood telling us something?

(BTW: Although posts containing "Project Blue Beam" annoy me, i am intrigued if anyone can give credible evidence as to how/why they are doing it)

Message sent to Gliese 581d

I know that I'm going to catch some heat because of my negativity towards Mr. Hawking. You may ask and rightly so why am I negative towards him. It's simple. In my life he doesn't affect one iota so whatever he says means nothing to me. Not just him, Michio Kaku also. These are people that are considered brilliant but the average Joe on the street has no idea what the hell they're talking about becuase they are theoretical, not dealing with our reality. But concepts beyond the average person's knowledge.

Mr. Hawking has no special knowledge when it comes to the possible existence of so-called Extra-terrestrials and nothing he says can give them the reality that all of you accept. His theories emanate from his mind. All of you are capable of the same thoughts. Doesn't make aliens real. No one has definitely proven yet that aliens are real. UFO enthusiast posit that UFOs contain aliens and they come from far off. Theory only.

Sending signals into space aimed at other alleged civilizations seems to me to be a waste of time because it seems no one involved with such projects seems to realize the foolishness of aiming a signal. You can't send a flashlight-beam signal into space and expect results. My theory, which could never be put into use therefore I'm also theoretical!, is that the only way to send a signal into space and expect results is to use a sphere to radiate out equally without gaps. Tesla seems to be only person that could have achieved that. No one presently can. All attempts will result in failure. Ask SETI.

A movie is a movie composed of from writers to duct tape people. No information is going to be imparted that came from some secret source for such a source doesn't exist.

Hawking's warnings fall on my deaf ears.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Hawking has a point, but he is emotionally imbalanced, so fear is the dominant factor in his conclusions.

Fear is no longer an option. Sure makes for some awesome films, though.
edit on 6-11-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by unconditional
reply to post by NuclearPaul

I agree with you my friend, In fact it is the final trump card that the elite has to play down on us, ( THAT EXTRATERRESTRIALS ARE MALEVOLENT AND WE SHOULD FIGHT THEM) Deception as usual. Now this is a load of crap.They are going to try to instill fear since terrorism didn't do much to this effect.
I am also in great disagreement with Steven Hawking, I can't understand how a man of such intelligence says something like "Aliens are Malevolent and that we should stay away from them". To me he sounded like he might have some interest to say such a misleading phrase or was instructed to say so. Whatever his motive was he should at least rephrase this and explain why. He lost some of his credibility by this statement from what I have read elsewhere.

Love and Light

riighhtttt.. let me get this straight, the elite want us to fear aliens, so they somehow secretly control hollywood and dicate what type of movies to be made, so they told them to make alien movies.

Yet at the same time the same elite that wants us to fear aliens , is, by UFO believer statements, organizing a world wide cover up to make sure that the existence of extraterrestrials never becomes public knowledge....
Umm.. Yeah, you can see that doesnt make any sense at all.

I think its funny when the UFO community generates so many different ufo conspiracy theories that they actually start opposing each other's theories.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

...just wondering what you guys think. Is Hollywood telling us something?

Yes. Hollywood is telling us big-budget movies about sinister aliens make a lot of money and they enjoy making money.

It's another re-telling of War of the Worlds.
edit on 23-10-2010 by DoomsdayRex because: (no reason given)

If only it were that simple.

They are not only conditioning you for a grand deception through entertainment, they are even conditioning you by the people you probably respect most, the Steven Greers and the Bob Lazars of the world. They are lying to you!

All of this alien propaganda has to do with the New World Order. They will stage some sort of false flag alien event in the future, it will be the final card they draw in an attempt to finally solidify their dictatorial world government prison planet.

Don't fall for it people! There are no aliens from some other planet here, only 'spiritual' entities who reside in other dimensions/realms here that we as humans cannot perceive.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

...just wondering what you guys think. Is Hollywood telling us something?

Yes. Hollywood is telling us big-budget movies about sinister aliens make a lot of money and they enjoy making money.

It's another re-telling of War of the Worlds.
edit on 23-10-2010 by DoomsdayRex because: (no reason given)

If only it were that simple.

They are not only conditioning you for a grand deception through entertainment, they are even conditioning you by the people you probably respect most, the Steven Greers and the Bob Lazars of the world. They are lying to you!

All of this alien propaganda has to do with the New World Order. They will stage some sort of false flag alien event in the future, it will be the final card they draw in an attempt to finally solidify their dictatorial world government prison planet.

Don't fall for it people! There are no aliens from some other planet here, only 'spiritual' entities who reside in other dimensions/realms here that we as humans cannot perceive.

Uh huh, and when none of this nonsense happens, then what?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

If it doesn't happen? Then we will be better off and chances are that "we" won, a global awakening must have happened to prevent it.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I saw this thread when it was originally posted and immediately thought, 'Oh, great, another one . . . why does a new thread come out every time a new movie's about to be released asking if it's a warning? Do posters really need attention and/or points that badly? When will they learn?' Yeah . . . went on for a while . . .

Now, it's been 2 weeks and - pleasantly surprised - it only has 1 flag and just into the second page. Better, it seems to have garnered no supporters to the idea it may be a secret warning. Well, except maybe for one off-the-wall post that made next to no sense at all - still not sure which way that one leaned. Perhaps there is yet hope.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Plan2exist18

That is a freaky vision of "The big day" In that trailer.

It looks like Techno / alien / evil rapture.......................scary stuff

edit on 7-11-2010 by Khaaaaaan!! because: boo

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Well first we know what happens to the guy that goes around yelling "Is anybody out there?" in the movies.

So maybe by Hollywood standards sending a signal out in space when you are clueless at what to expect may not be the wisest thing to do.

If they do receive the signal and decide to come for a visit I am more afraid of what they will expect to find. I am sure that we will not be what they expect and if they knock on the wrong door well ........

My biggest problem with the whole thing is that we can't get along with each other here on Earth so why would we be hailing beings from another planet?

Aren't we involved in enough wars? Isn't there enough dissension among the masses regarding race, creed, religion, color?

I think we need to clean up a little bit before we start inviting company over.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Haha i shouldve foreseen the sarcastic skeptics out there to love an opportunity like this thread.

I think Hawking is full of # and i rarely even listen to him, but i just was pointing out that the Hollywood productions are becoming more relatable to what is actually being rumored, and i was just wondering if anyone agreed it could be a way to keep peoples focus on the possibility of aliens.

Tell me, who here doesnt come out of the theater after watching an intense alien movie, and look up at the night sky.

I wasnt hinting that the writers in LA know about our impending doom, jeez

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Plan2exist18

You ask this, in the headline:

New "Skyline" Movie based off Steven Hawking's ET predictions. Is it a warning?

Do you know anything about the realities of motion picture production, and how the industry works, and what sort of schedules are involved in moviemaking, from concept (idea pitch) to final, fully edited/scored and completed result, ready for release in theaters?

Any serious interest in Hollywood, and the "procedure", will soon uncover the many, many months it can take just for the first draft of a script...not to mention the revisions a screenwriter will make before it's ready to be "shopped" around town, trying to evoke interest. Then, there's pre-production planning(weeks/months), actual principle photography, second (third) units, pick-ups and reshoots, etc.

Editing, tweaking, test audiences, more editing, tweaking, etc.

Now...what month did Dr. Hawking public mention his views on "ET"??

Oh, BTW...before you drop $10 on this film in the theaters, it's interesting to note that it appears to be a rip-off of another very similar plotline, that started production first. You see, within the Industry, everyone pretty much knows everyone else's business. Few secrets. This movie was bashed out ahead of a bigger-budget effort from another production company. Still, though, its genesis certainly was a year or two ago, at least...

Sony, the studio behind the $100 million alien invasion movie “Battle: Los Angeles,” is accusing the producers of a similar-themed movie of ripping off equipment and ideas for their lower budget production.

The producers denied the charge to TheWrap and said the issue was really that they had made a low-budget blockbuster that was coming out before Sony's.

Either way, audiences are going to be treated to two aliens-invade-Los Angeles movies in the next six months.

www.thewrap.com...

edit on 7 November 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer77

i had forgotten completely that i had even posted this, until i saw you posted on it and it brought me and i guess these other people back to it, not really helping your cause....

Perhaps i unintentionally led you to assume that I thought it was a warning, its just a relevant movie plot for the time, considering about 25 new posts go up daily in the Aliens and UFOs thread and thats just on this site

My humblest apologies for leading you to bash on a thread under false pretenses, and also that you arrived too late to join in on the fun, when will i learn

Oh an it just so happens that a SKYLINE screenshot is now the background on the Aliens and UFOs thread home...weird
edit on 7-11-2010 by Plan2exist18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

i had forgotten completely that i had even posted this, until i saw you posted on it and it brought me and i guess these other people back to it, not really helping your cause....

Ah, but the theme of denial remains unfettered - that validates my point, or 'cause,' moreso than any lack of replies. Should the tone of replies remain constant, I would hope that this thread should continue for dozens of pages . . .

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

My humblest apologies for leading you to bash on a thread under false pretenses, and also that you arrived too late to join in on the fun, when will i learn

Oops - just saw your new edit. I suppose my comments did come across as something as a bash on this thread when I actually meant to comment on all such threads. I was here at the threads initiation so it's not like I just arrived. It's only now that I felt certain people had not been drawn into yet another 'Hollywood Movie Warning, etc., etc., etc.' thread.

And, as an earlier poster pointed out, you did specifically state, 'Is it a warning,' in the title. As to when will you learn . . .when will any of us ever really learn?

Thanks for the thread - I really mean it.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

It should be obvious that the movie is not 'based off Steven Hawking's ET predictions.'

A movie like this serves 2 main purposes: to perpetuate the ongoing alien agenda on the public... and make the entertainment companies money...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

reply to post by NavalFC

If it doesn't happen? Then we will be better off and chances are that "we" won, a global awakening must have happened to prevent it.

hahahahaha wow...how nonsensical. Let me get this straight, if your looney NWO conspiracy theory doesnt happen its not because the theory wasnt true and your just pushing crazy crap, no it couldnt be, its because there was a "Awakening".

Its funny how you set up your insane theory so that it can never fail.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC

reply to post by NavalFC

hahahahaha wow...how nonsensical. Let me get this straight, if your looney NWO conspiracy theory doesnt happen its not because the theory wasnt true and your just pushing crazy crap, no it couldnt be, its because there was a "Awakening".

Its funny how you set up your insane theory so that it can never fail.

You think the plan for a New World Order is a "looney conspiracy theory?"

Then what exactly are you doing on a forum like this one? lol

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I see this film more as more like a combo between Lovecraftian horrors and War of the Worlds... It might do ok, but I wouldn't expect it to be in theaters too long.

I happen to agree with Hawking's idea, in general...that it may be a mistake to broadcast to the Universe (we might not like who answers the phone...or worse yet, it's like ringing the dinner bell to our own destruction)...

But, the die has long been cast, ever since we first started broadcasting, and even our own spacecraft has such a message, as it heads out of the solar system.....

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Oh an it just so happens that a SKYLINE screenshot is now the background on the Aliens and UFOs thread home...weird

Hi Wonderer77,

That is weird. Maybe there are aliens on ATS? Or maybe they are helping to promote the movie?

I do wonder who the writer's of Skyline are. The producers own a special effects biz in Santa Monica called Hydraulix. It overlooks the ocean, on the other side of Hollywood Hills.

Anyway I was thinking that maybe Hawking could be an alien hybrid and a pawn for alien overlords. Ya never know do ya?

Star

<< 1    3 >>

join