It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New "Skyline" Movie based off Steven Hawking's ET predictions. Is it a warning?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I am open to the ideas of Extra Terrestrials and have posted on many sighting threads in my days, enough to be annoyed by the skeptics that plague their post-boards. Just caught this trailer on TV for this new movie, and it looks like things dont end to well for the humans.

Youtube Link: Skyline Trailer

What caught my attention was, in the movies plot, NASA sends a message into space with hopes of it being intercepted by any ET's out there. Now, I read/posted on a thread that described a NASA message sent towards teh Gliese Star system....just wondering what you guys think. Is Hollywood telling us something?

(BTW: Although posts containing "Project Blue Beam" annoy me, i am intrigued if anyone can give credible evidence as to how/why they are doing it)

Message sent to Gliese 581d

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
If Steven Hawking knows any truth behind his "ET predictions"

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plan2exist18
...just wondering what you guys think. Is Hollywood telling us something?

Yes. Hollywood is telling us big-budget movies about sinister aliens make a lot of money and they enjoy making money.

It's another re-telling of War of the Worlds.
edit on 23-10-2010 by DoomsdayRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Makes me wonder if the latest flap of sightings might actually be some sort of media hype for this...i wouldnt be suprised one bit if that was the case...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Naaaah..

If there were aliens out there, they would of stopped by for our beer.

There is nobody here or looking.

Nobody holds a secret tis long.

Now...Time traverlers is my guess.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I am open to the ideas of Extra Terrestrials and have posted on many sighting threads in my days, enough to be annoyed by the skeptics that plague their post-boards. Just caught this trailer on TV for this new movie, and it looks like things dont end to well for the humans.

Youtube Link: Skyline Trailer

What caught my attention was, in the movies plot, NASA sends a message into space with hopes of it being intercepted by any ET's out there. Now, I read/posted on a thread that described a NASA message sent towards teh Gliese Star system....just wondering what you guys think. Is Hollywood telling us something?

(BTW: Although posts containing "Project Blue Beam" annoy me, i am intrigued if anyone can give credible evidence as to how/why they are doing it)

Message sent to Gliese 581d

Nice. It looks like refactoring of "Independence Day", but with an Active SETI-type concept worked into it's premise.

Well, if Hollywood's telling us anything, it's citing a change in the zeitgeist: time to turn on the fear!

Jeez, it's been a long time since "Close Encounters"...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by autobono
Well, if Hollywood's telling us anything, it's citing a change in the zeitgeist: time to turn on the fear!

Just ignore all the movies that have aliens as protagonists...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
In this case we really need to stock up on garlic because glittering vampires are coming.

ET movie makers are believers just like us but know how to capitalize on their creativity.
edit on 23-10-2010 by vinunleaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

...just wondering what you guys think. Is Hollywood telling us something?

Yes. Hollywood is telling us big-budget movies about sinister aliens make a lot of money and they enjoy making money.

It's another re-telling of War of the Worlds.
edit on 23-10-2010 by DoomsdayRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If you only think ET's will be all peaceful it's awarning. For others we already knew that other possibility.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Plan2exist18

Only that this topic is entertaining and we will pay to see it. There will be mentally ill people who see it as fact as they have other fiction works. Only their mental health professionals can deal with that.

If you are serious about this topic, beware the insane! They will lead you astray. Lord knows there are enough of them and they don't seem to want to take their med's. You won't find evidence or answers in fiction movies. You will only find those things with long hours of searching and reading. Rather than the Internet making it easier, it has instead buried anything useful in a pile of crap. Don't add to that crap.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
...whatever!

Make of it what you will. There is the one theory that the Fermi Paradox = one super aggressive alien species sterilising the Universe of all emerging intelligences except themselves. Kind of survival of the fittest on a Universal scale.

I'd like to say that was plausible, but having seen them close up, (yes, they are already here!), I can tell you that they are most likely benign.
;-)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
"Terrorism" isn't scaring people enough.

"Aliens" is going to be the new idea.

Nobody seems to care what happens on the other side of the world. But if it happened above their heads they would.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Don't humans always win at the end of Hollywood movies?

Besides there are far too many of us to kill, we'd be like cockroaches hiding under everything everywhere. You'll never find us all aliens!!!

Skyline looks pretty sweet though.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Hay where is will smith.

Well at least they always seam to attack the USA first, what do they got.
I forgot they made the secret deal with them in the 1940 and now it's pay back time.

Got to love the plots kill first ask questions latter if your still alive that is. Just like some governments that we know of.

I bet you if you replace the aliens with a army and the world with a specific country it is going to happen and soon.

Just some thing to think about.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Is there any more reasons to ignore Hollywood I cant' think of any.
Cha ching land is real and everything from them is phony.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Nope.........why would it be?........It's a film made by Hollywood, they've been doing it for years now

It's just entertainment!.........Pixar made Toy Story 3...............are they telling us that our kids toys come to life when we aren't watching them?...............is it a warning?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
"Terrorism" isn't scaring people enough.

"Aliens" is going to be the new idea.

You must be right! The idea of malevolent aliens is a completely new invention so the powers-that-be can scare us. The idea hasn't been around for over 100 years or anything...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Yes. A warning to us the ET fantasy has gone too far.
The problem with Cha ching land (CCL) is that it has many faces and every one
is in the form of no disclosure contracts and the like and offer fantasy.
News is supposed to stick to the facts with no opinions.
Some problems exist when the facts are not right or not told.
Thus for most of what happens there is no news.
Better not say is the motto.
Odd that wikileaks has so much paperwork to disclose.
The government must employ a lot of writers.
I wonder if was all was computer ready for net posting.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

Nope.........why would it be?........It's a film made by Hollywood, they've been doing it for years now

It's just entertainment!

Yea, Hollywood hugs close to the zeitgeist of the moment. It's the business of processing of collective sentiment through media-monitoring.

I like to think that to get a better view of these changes, one might have to pan back to get a larger view of the 'entertainment in question' (sentient-alien-based science fiction as social commentary/possible cultural conditioning), as it's changed over the years:

1. War of the Worlds/The Day the Earth Stood Still --> 2. Close Encounters --> 3. E.T. --> 4. Independence Day --> 5. War of the Worlds/The Day the Earth Stood Still (remakes) --> Skyline

...as possibly parallel to the following sweeping cultural shifts:

1. The red scare --> 2. Baby Boomers: post '60s, post Vietnam - tired, but optimistic --> 3. Baby-boomer-optimism waning in middle-age, challenged by growing fears of a faceless, martial and impersonal government --> 4. Gulf War. 'American influence' challenged, affirmed by The Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Bill Clinton, as portrayed by Bill Pullman --> 5. post-9/11 nihilism: fear of the alien and and unknown, death, and loss of humanity, and loss of identity, become marketable again, in the same way they were before, in 'step 1. The red scare'.

Note the same director that made "Close Encounters" and "E.T." also made the remake of "War of the Worlds": Stephen Spielberg.

He hugs close to the zeitgeist (as do most mainstream directors). Stephen Hawking's well-stated statements are merely along for the ride.

edit on 24-10-2010 by autobono because: clarified and classified

edit on 24-10-2010 by autobono because: clarified and classified

edit on 24-10-2010 by autobono because: To clarify and classify. Scramble in the summer sky. As 99 red balloons go by.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join