It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cholera epidemic spreads in rural Haiti; 150 dead: 1500 Ill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Cholera epidemic spreads in rural Haiti; 150 dead: 1500 Ill

www.3news.co.nz

A cholera epidemic was spreading in central Haiti on Friday as aid groups rushed doctors and supplies to fight the country's deadliest health crisis since January's earthquake. At least 150 people have died and more than 1,500 others are ill.
The first two cases of the disease outside the rural Artibonite region were confirmed in Arcahaie, a town that is closer to the quake-devastated capital, Port-au-Prince.
Officials are concerned the outbreak could reach the squalid tarp camps where hundreds of thousands of quake survivors live in the capital.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
For those of you who don't know what Cholera is, it is an infection of the small intestines. The symptoms of the infection are watery Diarrhea, Continuous vomiting and Sever Abdominal pains. Transmission is primarily through contaminated drinking water or food. The severity of the diarrhea and vomiting can lead to rapid dehydration and electrolyte imbalance. Primary treatment is with oral or intravenous rehydration solutions. Antibiotics may, and in certain cases, are used. Cholera is a major cause of death in the world.

I'm a tad worried about the epidemic spreading to other parts of the world. It tends to spread pretty quickly. Lets hope the Officials have it under control.

www.3news.co.nz
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 22-10-2010 by GetRadNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Unless some disaster causes a breakdown in sewage treatment and water sanitation where you live, you have nothing to worry about. You can get it from contaminated foods, rarely, and undercooked seafood as well.

Read up on Cholera

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GetRadNZ

America invaded Haiti and left the people unprotected.

No one asks, WTF are American troops doing in Haiti, why did they go there so fast, and take over the airports?

No one cares if thousands are still homeless, and living in camps.

No one cares that the aid workers are filling Haiti nightclubs and restaurants, instead of helping the people.

They just wanted another base, they have it, who cares about the people, they have no military, nor weapons, nor any will to fight the US of A.

Sick of this sh1t.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I too am sick of the US government. They are trouble, they are modern day Nazis. What's happening now is what happened in Nazi Germany. They hid what they were doing to the Jews, Much like what the US does to Iraqi Civilians and POW's. They see Iraqi civilians as target practice, I'm on the side of Iraq. I think USA should get the #$@$% out of Iraq. I don't mind Americans, I just hate their government and the way TPTB handles things there. I think the power has gone to their head, things need to change.

Cheers
Brady

new topics

top topics

join