It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little about myself and why I'm here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Hello ATS world, I've come across this site a few times in the past while researching other things but never really got into the meat of what goes on around here. I decided to join just recently out of curiousity and I'm glad I did! Some issues discussed on here I'm aware of, but a lot I'm getting my first tastes of and have to say I've been hooked. I like the idea of a place I can be comfortable in sharing my beliefs on certain subjects with people of like minds.

A LITTLE BACKGROUND INFO
I grew up and still live in a very rural, Christian based and closed minded area of Oklahoma in a very religious family. I grew up in a Southern Baptist(yeah I know) church with God and Jesus and the such forced down my throat with little to no realization of all the different worldly views that I now know. The older I got, the less questions these people could answer for me until they could answer none. This was when I realized if I wanted to try and find the truth and escape the bubble, it was all up to me. I still go to the same church occasionally, its entertaining to me to see some of these people who act so differently outside there than they do inside

WHY I'M HERE AND MY MAIN INTERESTS HERE
I found this place for good in my search for and gathering of bigfoot information. I am no scientist by any means, but I have this unending lust for this creature. I believe in its existance wholeheartedly. I have been in the info gathering stage for a while now, and hope soon to be able to do some field research of my own. I believe that the whole issue is covered up, for what reason I don't quite know yet. I believe also that we aren't taking full advantage of all the technology we have in the quest for this legend. I have many ideas and theories of how these creatures operate, but I'll leave that for a later post.
I also have great interests in UFO's, paranormal activity, 9/11 conspiracy theories and of course religion issues of all kinds. Thanks for reading this, see you all in a post in the future

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Sounds like you are at the beginning of a very soul searching journey. ATS is full of information. Before you start a thread use the search and soak up as much of the older info on these topics as you can. Good luck to you on your path to enlightenment. It is a very rewarding journey

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by immortalcamel

Welcome. The closest I saw anyone get to bigfoot was monsterquest. They had bigfoot tossing rocks at the cabin they were staying in, then ran away the next day like little girls! Facepalm and a half for those guys :p

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Yeah, I saw that. Made me sick to think they were possibly that close to just turn and run. I take everything on Monsterquest with a grain of salt though, they always seem to be just this close then.......nothing. Our trip is over, lets go home now. Gets my blood stirring

new topics

top topics

join