It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Liberal Elite and Black Intellectual Serfdom"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Well thought out reply Misior

I don't exactly agree that they are not bigots though.
I believe they are Bigots and worse. Not only do they think of Minorities as being inferior but they also see them as just a tool to gain them power.
I have always believed that this was just how the party elites felt, but now I am beginning to wonder if it is not a lot more wide spread.
Most Progressives I know do seem to think they are Intellectual superior to others. They know what's best for you even when your to dumb to see it.
I just can not understand why/how they believe this. I see more arrogance than intelligence more often than not.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
bump

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium
Any liberals out there? I figured (hoped) you would have tried to prove me wrong by now.

prove you wrong?...you think black people CANNOT see who supports them? c'mon, saying it and doing it are 2 different things. black people know by the policies put in place by eack party when they get in power. while i agree that the democrats have made mistakes, the republicans as a political party show their bigotry through through the actions they've taken. black people are intelligent enough to see the difference

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by Quadrivium
Any liberals out there? I figured (hoped) you would have tried to prove me wrong by now.

prove you wrong?...you think black people CANNOT see who supports them? c'mon, saying it and doing it are 2 different things. black people know by the policies put in place by eack party when they get in power. while i agree that the democrats have made mistakes, the republicans as a political party show their bigotry through through the actions they've taken. black people are intelligent enough to see the difference

I am an Independent but I know many Republicans and a few "Blue Dog" Democrats that see all of the Progressive policies as race based. Many think that by ending such policies would actually HELP minorities.
I have heard many times that "The republican party is racist and hold minorities back".
This is laughable and illogical.
I see most republicans and blue dogs as conservative. I am an Independent conservative. I do not know any conservatives that want to hold any minority back or hold them down. I want them to be productive, I want them to be successful, I want them be the best people they can be.
Would a conservative want people on "social programs" or would they want everyone working and paying taxes?
Progressives want them on entitlement programs, want them dependant on those they vote for, they use them, they want people to think they are helping but they are truly hurting all of us.
Sorry if you can not see it, all you need to do is look.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join