It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks insurance password (possibly) incoming!

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Scattykat

Hey, This is my first post here at ATS.. I've been in the shadows for a few years but this WikiLeaks deal has bought me out of the woodwork.

Hope I can help you, or anyone else.

USING AESCRYPT TO GET TO A PASSWORD PROMPT.

First thing todo is get yourself a copy of AESCrypt found over here -> AESCRYPT32 FOR WINDOWS.

Once it's downloaded, Unzip the package and you'll find each a .exe and .msi file.

Doubleclick on the .msi file and follow the prompts.

AESCrypt has been installed to C:\Program Files\AESCrypt\

Using Windows Explorer, navigate to that directory and take the 3 files from it.. two .exe and one .dll and put them back into C:\ (the root of the drive)

Take insurance.256aes and put that in your C:\ drive too, so you have 4 files sitting there. AESCrypt.dll aescrypt.exe AESCrypt32.exe and last but not least, insurance.256aes

Okay.. Click on your Start button and goto Run or in Windows 7 / Vista, you can type it straight into the 'Search for Files or Programs" bar.. type in command and hit enter.

From there, you need to get back to c:\ type in "cd \" and you will be returned to the root of the drive being C:\.

From there, type this.. aescrypt32 insurance.aes256

A window should pop up prompting you for the magical password.

Now prepare to sit impatiently at the computer staring at this annoying little box for hours on end, wondering whats on the other side

Hope i helped somebody!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by shiman

I think I know what it is..... gonna wait and see if my hunch is right.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by shiman

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegreatwolf
reply to post by shiman

Know what is?

No point waiting.. thats what ATS is for.. let us in on it.

If you mean the password... I doubt it.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Some weird stuff going on.. WikiLeaks are either very very busy right now, or have been silenced..

No replies on their twitter in over 24 hours now, WLcentral.org has posted an update.

I'm confused now as to wether the Diplomatic Cables are the Insurance, or an entirely different release altogether and that Insurance is still to come. However, some sites are calling the Diplomatic Cables "Insurance".

Whatever they are, massive disclosure is near.

According to many sources, the Diplomatic Cables have already been reviewed over the weekend by different european news agencies, making me think it's not Insurance.

OWNI.fr and other groups have even already started forming tools for collating the data once it is to be released.

OWNI.fr State Logs portal

UK news source Guardian are claiming to be the only authentic source for the Diplomatic Cables when they are released.

Update 2: The Guardian's investigative editor David Leigh noted on Twitter: "The truth about the #wikileaks cables is going to come out in the #guardian soon" Update 3: Further update from David Leigh on Twitter: "UK Sunday papers have got it all wrong about #wikileaks #embassy cables. Not worth reading. Wait for the #guardian!"

German news source Spiegel have reportedly claimed to have seen the entire archive of Diplomatic Cables, enough to form a fairly complex idea of what they contain.

Included are 251,287 cables and 8,000 diplomatic directives One cable dates back to 1966, but most are newer than 2004 9,005 documents date from the first two months of 2010 Der Spiegel, The New York Times, The Guardian, Le Monde and El País have had access to the files and reviewed them.

URL is below which now returns a 404 error.

SPIEGEL DEFUNCT LINK

According to Der Spiegel, just over half of the cables are not subject to classification, 40.5 percent are classified as "confidential" and only six percent or 15,652 dispatches as "secret." 2.5 million U.S. employees have access to SIPRNET material, where these cables originated.

Der Spiegel is expected to go live with the full edition at 22:30 Sunday, local time, according to a front page announcement. Which has since been removed.

Hope this provides some clarity for people, it sure answered a lot of my questions.

edit on 27-11-2010 by plexus because: grammar

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Hi plexus,

Many thanks for that. You have been really helpful and thanks for coming out of the woodwork on this

Originally posted by plexus

Hey, This is my first post here at ATS.. I've been in the shadows for a few years but this WikiLeaks deal has bought me out of the woodwork.

First thing todo is get yourself a copy of AESCrypt found over here -> AESCRYPT32 FOR WINDOWS.

Once it's downloaded, Unzip the package and you'll find each a .exe and .msi file.

Using Windows Explorer, navigate to that directory and take the 3 files from it.. two .exe and one .dll and put them back into C:\ (the root of the drive)

Take insurance.256aes and put that in your C:\ drive too, so you have 4 files sitting there. AESCrypt.dll aescrypt.exe AESCrypt32.exe and last but not least, insurance.256aes

Okay.. Click on your Start button and goto Run or in Windows 7 / Vista, you can type it straight into the 'Search for Files or Programs" bar.. type in command and hit enter.

From there, you need to get back to c:\ type in "cd \" and you will be returned to the root of the drive being C:\.

Now prepare to sit impatiently at the computer staring at this annoying little box for hours on end, wondering whats on the other side

Hope i helped somebody!

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Hope i helped somebody!

Or you can just install aescrypt, go to the insurance file>right click>properties>change opens with>browse to aescrypt32>ok

then you just need to double click the insurance file whenever you want to view it/prompt for password.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Morgil

woops, didn't even think of doing that.. ta

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

reply to post by Morgil

woops, didn't even think of doing that.. ta

No problem, all we need now is that pesky password

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Morgil

Well, things with Wikileaks are gaining much more momentum in the last 12 hours.. i can see them doing one more big release which according to a lot of sources is already taking place right now.. then i think the repercussions of the release will endanger Wikileaks and maybe even Assange personally, and he may be forced to use his Insurance.

WikiLeaks has provided The New York Times, The Guardian and Der Spiegel newspapers with about 250,000 documents for publication, State Department Legal Advisor Harold Koh wrote in an e-mail yesterday to Assange’s attorney Jennifer Robinson.

Quote taken from this article just released

They're referring to the Diplomatic Cables.

I'm off to sleep, I hope there's something waiting for me when I wake.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
ok there was a ticker just on FOX
that said wiki just released the documents
but there was no link to the story.

anybody got any info???

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Is there any password for this file?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sentinel412

Yes, but finding it even with the most high end theoretical computing power would take longer than the universe is old. In other words, unless someone can beat the essentially impossible odds, we won't know until someone who has it wants us to know.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
CableGate is now LIVE.

cablegate....__._/

All you need to know.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegreatwolf
reply to post by shiman

well? if you arent going to tell us, have you at least tried it?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
hi guys, can anyone direct me to the credible source of insurance file ? insurance.aes256 ? PLEASE

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
After all the hype about what it may contain.

I'll laugh when it turns out that all this insurance file has in it is Alex Jones: Endgame in AVI format and a lossless FLAC copy of the album "Sonic Jihad" by Paris, which will account for all of the 1.3gb size of the file.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Does the file get locked if you try to guess the pass to many times?

Woop 100 posts

edit on 5/12/2010 by BarmyBilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Wait, I dont understand? What are they releasing? Insurance passwords?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Is there actually really a password to unlock all of the files?
If so, how about..........

Jesus a Anglian? Anagram of Julian Assange.
I know there's loads of anagrams of this its ok.

Anglian may be of significance before long.

new topics

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52 >>

join