It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homer Simpson is Catholic, Vatican paper declares

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Something suspicious going on here. Its been 5 years at least since i have seen the show but the attitude towards God sticks out in my memory and one would think they would be more apt to demonize the show than to promote it. Which makes me curious, is there something about the show that might promote behavior in children that would make them more vulnerable to *Cough ahmm cough*

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Think about it though, what other mainstream television show in prime-time with world-wide reach that has a family regularly attending church and dealing with moral questions that's appealing to both children and adults?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

Why does anyone listen to the vatican? A lot of bloated old men, existing in huge wealth made from a corrupt religion, while their followers starve.

Now they are trying to become mainstream - sorry, it won't work.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Didn't even Homer prove, in the episode in which he became intelligent (you know, when they took away that pencil from his brain) that God didn't exist ?
If that is being Catholic, I'm converting !

Well, one thing is sure, Lisa is a buddhist... And I guess Bart must be satanist, or even better, Satan has to be a bartist.

To finish, one quote :
"Mr Simpson, do not offer peanuts to my god !" (by Apu)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
HaHaHa...
laughing so hard right now after reading this I just snorted....
The Roman Empire is at it again. When the Church was in it's early years didn't they patronize the Pagans by using their holidays on the churches calendar in order to recruit parishioners? Heh...and once again they are doing the same thing.

The Simpsons show is just that, a television show. But, because of it's popularity, apparently the Vatican has deduced that it is a great way to bring more sheep into the fold. Wonder what kind of deal they reached with whatever numbers agency that told them enough people/kids were really watching this show, and that it would make a "real" difference.

Does it really matter if Homer is Catholic or Protestant? Guess the commercials that ran earlier this year didn't bring enough people "home"....then again according to the commercials, the Catholic church has been around for the last 2010 years.

Sad...

~holly

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
news flash : homer simpson isn't even human, he's a cartoon.

i second that.

perhaps they mean Dan Castellaneta?
probably not... but still.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Who cares about the Simpsons?

What do the Vatican have to say about Family Guy?

Now the Griffins are definitely Catholic.

And Stewie is the anti-christ.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Cartoons characters are religious, god is real, wine is the blood of jesus, mary was a virgin...

Yep, sounds about right.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Here is Alyona's take on this:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
here we go straight from the producers mouth lol

Simpsons are not catholic

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
The minister of his church is Married. I dont see that hapening in the catholic church. I dont think the leaders catholic church watche the simpsons. Or maybe they dont know anything about religion.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

Well... In that episode, here in Brazil, he went visit a Candomble church... And he enjoyed it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join