It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nazi Mens Collection?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Saw this picture, and clearly, it speaks for itself.

It leaves more questions than answers.

I don't want to hear, "Oh, its a coincidence, you're reading too much into it."

The picture is clear as day.

Go to Image 18 in the slideshow

Nazi Ties?
edit on 18-10-2010 by Societalgnorance because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
that's kind of a weird design for a tie, who would put that on there tie? Maybe he went to India or something and bought that tie there.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The swastika is a symbol of peace, luck, the sun...in several different cultures. It was around for thousands of years before some nutjob decided to use it.

Look it up.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Zoodie

Agreed, but any use of a swastika in the "post-Hitler" world could only mean one thing...

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Things like that are not accidents, even if him wearing it was.

I just find the concept of a black Nazi to be completely absurd. That Dave Chappell skit where he was a Klansman comes to mind.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Haha I remember that skit, good point.

None of it makes any sense...I think it's one of those things you just shrug your shoulders and shake your head.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Societalgnorance
reply to post by Zoodie

Agreed, but any use of a swastika in the "post-Hitler" world could only mean one thing...

In this post WWII era I agree it is a stupid design for a tie BUT as the above poster mentioned the Swastica design has been around for thousands of years before Hitler and his band of merrymen decided to hijack it.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Societalgnorance

Ha, just a poor design decision by the tie manufacturer, I'm sure. I worked in the fashion world and there are a lot of idiot designers and stylists out there (myself excluded of course!!)

For instance, these amazing hairy leg tights from J. Crew:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Interesting factoid, only half on-topic: SS uniforms were designed by Hugo Boss. No wonder they looked so sharp, eh?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The swastika has been a sign of good luck or an all around positive symbol for much, much longer that it has been seen as bad. In fact, it has only been seen as bad for maybe 50+ years, ever since the Nazi party used the symbol. However, I don't think that everyone should see the symbol as bad, simply because an evil government used it. We are giving far too much credit to the Nazis and Hitler when we allow them to take away our symbol of good fortune.

I think that the best thing we can do, if for nothing other than an insult to the Nazi party, is to take our good symbol back and replace its true meaning to the world. We should not allow the Nazis to take that from us.

--airspoon

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
That's pretty funny actually! I showed it to my wife whom works in brand management for a fashion house and she had a good laugh and thanked god that it wasn't her company that put that tie out. She said somebody in her line of work is going to have a lot of explaining to do in regards to the media and will probably have to make a large donation to a Jewish charity as well.

This is the kind of thing that brand managers are hired for, mistakes (or when every chav in the UK suddenly decides that the tartan of a luxury brand is to knocked-off and worn at all times.) She doesn't think this was intentional, in fact these kind of mistakes happen quite often. A few years ago Nike got in trouble when the script they used for the word "air" looked a little much like the Arabic script for Allah, and put it on shoes, a grave insult in the Islamic world.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I concur that Hitler hijacked the symbol, but the simple fact that the symbol in a post WW2 world, is a symbol of hate and is immediately associated with pure evil to the average person.

As far as the design on the tie, where is the common sense? You're telling me no one stopped and said, "Hey, that looks like a swastika!" ?

top topics

join