It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Randolph for President!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
"It is my duty to leave nothing undone that I may lawfully do, to pull down this administration... They who, from indifference, or with their eyes open, persist in hugging the traitor to their bosom, deserve to be insulted... deserve to be slaves, with no other music to soothe them but the clank of the chains which they have put on themselves and given to their offspring." ~ John Randolph of Roanoke

Mirth, sparkling like a diamond shower,
From lips of life-long sadness;
Clear picturings of majestic thought
Upon a ground of madness
While others hailed in distant skies
Our eagle's dusky pinion,
He only saw the mountain bird
Stoop o'er his Old Dominion!
All parties feared him; each in turn
Beheld its schemes disjointed,
At right or left his fatal glance
And spectral finger pointed.

~ Poem by John Greenleaf Whittier

Mr. Randolph goes to the House booted and spurred, with his whip in hand, in imitation, it is said, of members of the British Parliament. He is a very slight man but of the common stature. At a little distance, he does not appear older than you are; but, upon a nearer approach, you perceive his wrinkles and grey hairs. He is, I believe, about thirty. He is a descendant in the right line from the celebrated Indian Princess, Pochahontas. The Federalists ridicule and affect to despise him; but a despised foe often proves a dangerous enemy. His talents are certainly far above mediocrity. As a popular speaker, he is not inferior to any man in the House. I admire his ingenuity and address; but I dislike his politics. ~ Federalist William Prumer

John Randolph was a strict Southern Agrarian and Traditionalist, he opposed the Federal government more than even Thomas Jefferson, going as far as to create a new group within the Democratic-Republican Party to challenge what he saw as the growth of government under Jefferson.

He was strictly opposed to Equality and cherished Liberty above all else. He believed the elite gentry of Virginia should be permitted to preserve social stability. As most Traditionalist he was opposed to many changes from the Enlightenment era as they believed the revolutions would replace the appointed Aristocrats of the time with heartless and greedy elite who would pledge no allegiance to the poor or to the country.

en.wikipedia.org...
bioguide.congress.gov...

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 10/18/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
BUMP

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Hello,
I haven't finished reading the last link yet...
I wanted to find-out where you're going with this?
Is what we are now faded in history, the golden-age is lost in hindrance?
Is there no light at the end of this dark tunnel?

I've been thinking lately that these united states should each individually cast a vote by the people whether or not to secede from this lost-cause of life-liberty- and the pursuit of happiness. It's been so trampled upon...Our constitution.

What is to become of us?
I have grand ideas, but this is your thread, and, I have to put it all into a word doc. before presenting it to this fine community.

[Bump]

new topics

join