It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UFOs That Never Were: Classic Photos Now Exposed As Fakes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
Again, you are locked in binary thinking.

Actually what he is referring to is that when there is a good one, then we see a trend of certain people who don't even show their face in the thread... the same people who are usually pouncing on a post within minutes.

One can say that missing one thread is possible, but when it happens consistently, then a pattern emerges and it is no longer a strawman

Like this for instance

Photo Analysis of an Aerial Disc Over Costa Rica 1971
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What I hear from a lot of those we call skeptic is that we need to get more scientific studies, to be taken seriously. But when those scientific approaches are used... those making the demands don't even show up in the thread.

But show a silly youtube video and they swarm like flies to s... errrr bees to honey

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

One can say that missing one thread is possible, but when it happens consistently, then a pattern emerges and it is no longer a strawman

It's blatantly obvious and happens everyday. I admit though there is so much garbage that gets posted here that it's hard to filter out the good from the horrific. Zorgon basically said it better than I could, that's what I was getting at, but it falls on deaf ears as usual because those pseudo-skeptic types fail to show up time after time in those topics.

Regarding your question about the Heflin case being a "sacred cow" of UFOlogy, out of the thousands and thousands of UFO reports, the Heflin case ranked #62 in the top 100 UFO cases compiled by our friend Isaac Koi:

I was referring to the image of the bee-keeper over the little girls shoulder image that was referred to as a "sacred cow", not the Heflin case. The Heflin case in my opinion is one of the better topics and has it's own thread here on ATS that deserves more debate.
edit on 20-10-2010 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Well yes that is a 'loose interpretation'
and might be valid except that the sacred cow was referring to the spaceman that we said we never even heard of
Please explain..

This is what the article linked in the OP says:

The Heflin photos are one of Ufology's "sacred cows" and the images are believed by some to be definitive.

Heflin never saw any spaceman, did he?

And the OP article didn't refer to the spaceman case as a "sacred cow", did it?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
Heflin never saw any spaceman, did he?
And the OP article didn't refer to the spaceman case as a "sacred cow", did it?

Ah yes you are correct... the article puts the cow onto Heflin...

it was Rex that attached the cow to the Spaceman to which we were responding

My bad
edit on 20-10-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

What I hear from a lot of those we call skeptic is that we need to get more scientific studies, to be taken seriously. But when those scientific approaches are used... those making the demands don't even show up in the thread.

Journal of Scientific Exploration and NARCAP (National Aviation Reporting Center on Anomalous Phenomena) are two organisations that don't get enough attention. They have a collection of astronomers and scientists from many fields who take the subject seriously and publish their analyses.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Journal of Scientific Exploration and NARCAP (National Aviation Reporting Center on Anomalous Phenomena) are two organisations that don't get enough attention.

And it will be up to us to present that
because some factions will prefer those reports stay in Mulder's basement

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Journal of Scientific Exploration and NARCAP (National Aviation Reporting Center on Anomalous Phenomena) are two organisations that don't get enough attention.

And it will be up to us to present that
because some factions will prefer those reports stay in Mulder's basement

Bang on the money Zorgon , as you have pointed out when serious credible investigation's indicate genuine cases of high strangeness it goes quite on the debunking front;

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Aren't these the same people who claimed that the Lonnie Zamora case was fake?

They seem to go an awfully long way into trying to dismiss certain UFO cases.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Aren't these the same people who claimed that the Lonnie Zamora case was fake?
They seem to go an awfully long way into trying to dismiss certain UFO cases.

The old timers are slowly dying off... soon none of the originals will be there

The old photos will get dragged through the mud, reanalyzed with new opinions

New modern story tellers out to sell books will fill the shoes of the old timers and tell it their way..

In the end it will all become a myth and a fairy tale

That is the way they keep the lid on.

Unless there is a new wave of visitors soon, all will be swept away, shrouded in the mysts of time
edit on 20-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join