It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home Secretary warns public to remain vigilant in the face of a 'highly likely' terrorist attack

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonypazzo
i think the "terror warnings" in europe are not about the "al qeada" or whoever, but the european people who are protesting in the streets. see, protesters are now terrorists. WE are the new terrorist.

Perhaps a "terrorist event" would provide the excuse for the French to come down on the protests like a tonne of bricks because I can assure you of this, the British "gubment" is absolutely petrified that the French protests would give the apathetic British people ideas and spread...

That's me on another "watch" list

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
By their very nature, terrorist attacks are always highly likely... even when the issue has supposed to have been resolved... That's why we still have, perceived, or otherwise, threats from the real IRA and Basques... It's quite easy to guess, or second guess when an event is likely to occur... ie Anytime... That's why they're called terrorists!That is the nature of terror... not knowing when it's going tp happen... So, any politician or spokesperson can make these claims, in the self-assurance that they may be right............ But then again, They may be wrong............. Rest easy... Sleep tight!

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
You guys, I just want to say how thankful I am for all of you...in the last week or two I have learned more about the world around me than I have in the 19 years of my life...Seriously, if it wasn't for coming across this forum I would have been unaware that my rights as a human being are actually being taken away from me.
The sad thing is that I know I felt restless and that something wasn't right and I knew that society was feeling the same way...but we are under the delusion that everything is exactly the same as it's always been..that the anxiety and depression and feeling hopeless is all in our heads...that it's something wrong with us. But that's beside the point..sorry now I'm rambling. Back on topic!
But I feel like this may be of interest to you...As I am reading this thread and seeing that a lot of UK citizens are aware and angry of their own rights being taken away. I am at the same time having a conversation with one of my friends from the UK who is preaching to me that my rights as an American citizen is being taken away from me and that my country's citizens are too ignorant to know this. I find this ironic...since it's obvious that his rights are also being taken away and he is also unaware that he is in the same sinking boat as me. What a brilliant way to keep the population of the world divided and distracted from their own non-existent rights. The disturbing thing is that I find myself having this conversation with a lot of my friends in the UK and also in Australia.
While a lot of the world's society is living the delusion that their own government is not doing the same as the American's.....We have the American society living in the delusion that we are the heroes of the world saving everyone else from their own Government... Everyone is too distracted with everyone else's government to realize that we are all living under the same government who is doing the same thing. Basically...my point is what all of you are basically saying. That our freedom as humans are being taken away because everyone around us is too distracted to see that we are all in the same sinking boat.
I just thought that would interesting for your guys and also validate what you are saying in that...That while I'm reading about your concerns and anger that our freedom is being taken away...my friends in the UK are still unaware of this...Just like us in America.
So I guess it all boils down to this... We need to take our lives back from the people who we are paying to serve us. But will we? I suppose the first step is to inform everyone around us and take away the distractions of them worrying about other countries thus decreasing ignorance. We are all in the same ship...it's really up to us to get out of it... in order to do that we have to point out to other's that this ship is indeed sinking.

P.S. Sorry for the long reply...I hope it isn't off topic.... I guess if it was too long for you to read... the summary of it is... I agree with what you guys are saying and those are my reasons why.
edit on 20-10-2010 by IzzycomesinPeace because: Typos =(

edit on 20-10-2010 by IzzycomesinPeace because: typos =( again

edit on 20-10-2010 by IzzycomesinPeace because: Again with the typos.. I need to learn how to proof read.

edit on 20-10-2010 by IzzycomesinPeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by IzzycomesinPeace

Great post, great insite, star to you. I agree with you in total, not only in world scale but macro scale, we are under a false illusion about everyone else.

When I first awakened I used to say " For gods sake look around you" to people I Know. Maybe more time should be spent looking at my own point of view to see how much my rights have been erroded.

respects

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Sky News are running an exclusive bit of media spin today... interviews with the Taliban leaders claiming a lot of their funding comes from British muslims, and that they (the Taliban) have people in place to strike at the heart fo Britain when the word is given.

Sky Media Spin

So, the ground is being well and truly prepared for whatever happens, and perhaps we might even have a timeline.. in the report being aired at the moment one Taliban leader claims a strike "might" happen in the next 2 weeks or the next day or so"

Ah, smell the perpetual fear mongering and doom from the massmedia...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
reply to post by IzzycomesinPeace

Great post, great insite, star to you. I agree with you in total, not only in world scale but macro scale, we are under a false illusion about everyone else.

When I first awakened I used to say " For gods sake look around you" to people I Know. Maybe more time should be spent looking at my own point of view to see how much my rights have been erroded.

respects

Thank you I'm glad you enjoyed my post! I think you need to inform everyone around you so that you can focus on your own rights being taken away. The thing is,they are taking our rights away slowly, one at a time, so that it's less obvious. We still have enough rights, right now, to take advantage of and take on what we do not agree with. If enough people are against a certain law that they decide to enforce and the public is aware that everyone is against it then the gov. has no choice but to go with the public... if they didn't, at this point, then the public would realize... "hey... wait a second...that isn't right." Which is exactly what the government doesn't want. So.. the best thing to do right now is use your right to petition... have petitions to sign....send to the government... get enough people aware get as much information as possible... and you have something going. Repeat this step until the Government is willing to listen. Petition outside...write to news stations telling them to make other's aware. The gov. wants to avoid violence as much as we do because their is more of us than them...they would be screwed in the long run. Take advantage of the rights we do have to get the rights back that we want. I think you telling others to look around them...is exactly what you should be doing...like I said before... first step: Inform people with evidence and a petition they can sign. Tell them to write emails to the Gov. telling the government exactly how they feel about a specific right that is being taken away. The more people who object the more the gov. is cornered and have no choice but to go with us to prevent riots. Our rights are here for a reason..They are here to prevent this exact thing of happening.

edit on 22-10-2010 by IzzycomesinPeace because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join