It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blade: Trinity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I read today that the trailer for the final installment of the Blade vampire movie series is going to run with Spiderman 2 next month. I enjoyed the first movie a lot, the second not so much, so I am not sure how to feel about this one. Like it matters. I'd watch just about anything with vampires in it.

Rotten Tomatoes

Wesley Snipes returns as the day-walking vampire hunter in the explosive third and final film in the Blade franchise, Blade: Trinity. When the Vampire Nation hatches a plan to frame Blade in a series of brutal killings, he must join forces with the Nightstalkers, a clan of human vampire hunters, in an extreme battle in which the trail of blood leads directly to the notorious vampire legend, Dracula. Written and directed by David S. Goyer, Blade: Trinity also stars Jessica Biel as Abigail, the daughter of Whistler (Kris Kristofferson), who inherits the vampire-slaying duties that once belonged to Blade (Wesley Snipes); and Ryan Reynolds (National Lampoon's Van Wilder) as Hannibal King, one of the Nightstalkers.

Wait, vampires, martial arts, and Jessica Biel?? Oh, I am so there!

www.bladetrinity.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'm looking foward to this one. I was a huge fan of the Nightstalkers comic. For those who don't know, It centered around Frank Drake(vampire hunter, descendant of Dracula) Hannibal King(reluctant vampire) and of course, Blade(recently released mental patient). The trio operated as The Borderline Investigative Services. The series itself started in the 70's, dissapeared for awhile, then came back for a short run in the 90's. The series ended with the death of Drake and Hannibal, but Blade got his own series(again, short lived). There was also the graphic mini-series TOMB OF DRACULA.
I've been awaiting the inclusion of Frank and Hannibal in the Blade movies ever since the original came out. I really hope they play up the tension between the three of them. You see, Hannibal and Frank got along fine, but Blade didn't like either of them at first. He thought Frank was too weak willed and spoiled, and Hannibal, well lets just say Blade wanted to kill all vampires, not just the bad ones.
Many Blade fans may not realize this, but Blade was a freakin' nutcase in the original series. For those interested in the history of the Blade saga, I would suggest searching for some of the above stated titles.

[Edited on 26-6-2004 by The Last Patriot]

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Funny, in the comics I always found Blade to be the least interesting of the characters. I never did pick up that graphic novel, but you have reminded me to look for it.

Here's the poster for the movie -

courtesy of the fine folks at FilmForce

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Here's an interesting site.

hometown.aol.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Hah! ...from Pisky's link:

theme from blade

(sung to "theme from shaft" with apologies to isaac hayes
By Dr. mike rickard

Who's the black private dick

taking out vamps with his teakwood sticks?

Blade! (you're damn right!)

Who is the man who aces vamps whenever he can?

Blade! (can you dig it?)

Who's the cat who won't cop out

when there's vamps all about?

Blade! (right on!)

They say this cat blade had a vamp for a mother...

(shut your mouth!)

but that's why he hunts deacon frost

(so we can dig it!)

he's a complicated man but no one understands him but his woman

(Saffron)

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
A teaser-trailer is up and it looks pretty good.
Blade: Trinity Teaser

top topics

join