It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water from Panama City Beach, What Are These Things In It?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Nexdominus

no algae bloom , we kept checking it out on the ride home, I didn't see any-the debris you see is all there was

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Could it be sand flea larve....maybe this is how they live before they mature...check out the picture,

www.ehow.com...

lots more pics online. Kind of look like them from what is seen in your pictures.

~holly

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
reply to post by Nexdominus

no algae bloom , we kept checking it out on the ride home, I didn't see any-the debris you see is all there was

Unless you kept it in high light there would be no algae bloom most likely. Probably like the other poster said pods or some kind of crustacean.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

The thing about diatoms is they do not need light like other types of algae to bloom. They are a funny organism. They are usually found in water that is high in silicates.

Edit: They need light but not as much as others.
edit on 17-10-2010 by Nexdominus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Thanks guys for your interest and posts. I am writing them off to be copepods. It is the 22nd of October and they are still living, the water still nice and clear. Lets see if this it true a month from now, I will check back in then and let you all know, and take some more pics to show you.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Its a sand flea. They live in the sand and can swim in open water. Matter of fact they are excellent bait for pompano!!. They can be found and used once they get larger in the sand only inches under the surface. They pop out when the water rushed in to feed.

By the way I live in Panama City Beach and fish 4-5 days a week. I use them often when pomps are running!!

edit on 23-10-2010 by CaptSplatter because: (no reason given)

Yummy!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptSplatter

That would explain why movement of the water in the jar makes them jump up.I think I already mentioned that when you mock wave movement by moving the jar around a little they rush up. Thanks for the input.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
A little of what I do a few times a week. This is in my back yard!!

www.youtube.com...

vimeo.com...

I don't know how to embed.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
hi there just reading throu an it might be sea lice thier seems to be a few different types of them i just googled PICTURES OF SEA LICE, an their was one that looked tear shape body with a few legs comeing out of its head area none down the body and it was sort of clear looking but their is a few types, myte heip

<< 1   >>

join