It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wut are flags for ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I searched , but the forum gave me " rapture will happen on september 6th 2010 " so , i guess my search didnt work.
I'd just like to know cos it appear i have 3 and i dont know if they be good or they be baaaad.
Can anyone shed some light ?
Thx in advance

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
They're bad.

And now you have 8.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
They're bad.

And now you have 8.

lmao.
people are so cranky and easily offended

thanks

*edit.....checked that link and it says they're good , sooooo , im not really seeing any difference in what stars and flags are for
edit on 16-10-2010 by Reconciler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Reconciler

wut iz langwages 4?

uuuuurghhh..... you make us angry.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

wut iz langwages 4?

sometimes i leave my semantics and pedantics to one side , to use the irony of slang to describe the fact that i couldnt find the answer to my bloody question

edit on 16-10-2010 by Reconciler because: correction

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Stars are for posts. Posts that you find "applaud worthy". Flags are for threads. Threads/topics that you find important (whether you find the post "applaud worthy" or not, the topic/story might still be "important"). Threads that receives many flags are more likely to appear in overviews for top/hot topics, etc.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I see.
Thanks for clarifying =)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Stars are for posts. Posts that you find "applaud worthy". Flags are for threads. Threads/topics that you find important (whether you find the post "applaud worthy" or not, the topic/story might still be "important"). Threads that receives many flags are more likely to appear in overviews for top/hot topics, etc.

star for that!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Whats bloody mean?> I think flags could be good or bad. Some people flag because the topic is important, or interesting. Some people flag because they're friends with that person.. some people never flag. some people flag every thread they find themselves in. Its really just a marker, so that you can find the threads you had interest in whether liking the information, or discussion, or not.

Enjoy

Bloody

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reconciler

Originally posted by badw0lf

wut iz langwages 4?

sometimes i leave my semantics and pedantics to one side , to use the irony of slang to describe the fact that i couldnt find the answer to my bloody question

edit on 16-10-2010 by Reconciler because: correction

Fact is that made me laugh out loud.

Cheers for that !!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
It appears that they are for people who cannot spell....

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

there's always a smart alec.
Be it known that if you and i took part in a spelling bee , i would have your hide.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Be it known that if you and i took part in a spelling bee , i would have your hide.

Not really being a smart alec, I think most 3 year olds know that "what" is the correct spelling as opposed to "wut".

Be it known that you may be able to spell better than me, but I'd rip you to shreds in a debate.

Want a challenge?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Not really being a smart alec, I think most 3 year olds know that "what" is the correct spelling as opposed to "wut".

Be it known that you may be able to spell better than me, but I'd rip you to shreds in a debate.

Want a challenge?

ok , lets have a debate on VST oscillator synthesis.
Very nice of you to give me carte blanche and choose the topic.

ps. doesnt anyone have a sense of humour round here ? "wut" is an internet coloquialism that is as ubiquitous as LOL or LMAO.
You guys should stop jerking off over the next new way to destroy the earth and lighten up a bit

edit on 18-10-2010 by Reconciler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I know a little bit about wave generators so fire away

I'll admit my first reply may have seemed a little confrontational however it was said mostly in jest, that means maybe your the one who needs to lighten up

Edit to add: Out of curiosity, why do you use american terms when your location is listed as the UK?
edit on 18/10/10 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I'll admit my first reply may have seemed a little confrontational however it was said mostly in jest, that means maybe your the one who needs to lighten up

There's a time and a place for wave generators , and my "wut" thread isn't it.
Your humour is disguised behind a thick opaque veil. Smilies would help others know your intention.......like this.....---->

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Your humour is disguised behind a thick opaque veil. Smilies would help others know your intention.......like this.....---->

Well they do say that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit....

I'm only joking with you mate, if your "wut" in the title of this thread was intentional then fair enough, it's just that theres a large amount of posts/threads on here with bad spelling and they usually include predictions about an impending Alien visit or some other unbelievable non-sense.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Well they do say that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit....

I'm only joking with you mate, if your "wut" in the title of this thread was intentional then fair enough, it's just that theres a large amount of posts/threads on here with bad spelling and they usually include predictions about an impending Alien visit or some other unbelievable non-sense.

apology accepted

I know the kind of poster you mean. Usually has something to do with balloons or ashtar galactic command.
It was deliberate. I just spend too much time on music forums , with "kewl" people who di55 and heap r35p3kt on e@ch 0th3r

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Happy days then

Enjoy ATS and I'll look forward to seeing you on the threads.

new topics

top topics

join