It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Theories On The Sun, Space and 2012.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Hello fellow ATSer's.

Read a very cool article today on theories about 2012. Its very detailed and quite scientific, which makes a welcome change when it come to that most doomster of dates.

This article will be examining some theories surrounding the sun, space and the 2012 severe weather patterns. Put yourself in the place of a high level government official. If you had direct information that a cataclysmic event was approaching Earth, would you suppress it from the public or announce it? The obvious answer is to hide it and secretly prepare for a response.

listverse.com...

Enjoy.

Peace.
ALS

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Some very intresting facts in the article. A lot thats new to me. Take this for example:

The Burckle Crater has yet to be dated by radiometric analysis, but it is strongly believed that the object impacted Earth between the years 2800-3000 BC, which is only 5,000 years ago. Numerous cultures make references to an ancient flood during this time in history and a wide range of events point to a disaster on Earth, including the end of the Early Harappan Ravi Phase, the end of the pre-dynastic “antediluvian” rulers of the Sumerian civilization, the start of the First Dynasty of Kish

I heard of the great flood before but never knew it was cause by a impact event.

Also I had never heard of The Holocene Impact Working Group, gonna do some research into them to see what I can find.

Peace.
ALS

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Hello there

I haven't clicked your link as I'm pretty drunk right now......all i'll say to you is, I believe something big is DUE to hit us. Yep thats it, could be aliens, meteor/astroid, or even blackhole......I dunno, I'm not gonna pretend that I read all the stuff about the sun or sh!t, but WE are definitely due a biggy....peace out good thread

ps I flagged you

edit on 16/10/10 by chupa-chups because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by chupa-chups

Haha well I hope your not to hung-over today.

I too believe we are overdue for some sort of calamity, I just hope we have the tech and know how to stop any crisis this time around.

Peace.
ALS

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Guess no one wants to know about this one!

Epic fail.

Still, great article.

Peace.
ALS

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

The obvious answer is to hide it and secretly prepare for a response.The obvious answer is to hide it and secretly prepare for a response.

That's a notion that the article does not attempt to decide. The author has decided this without any evidence.

10. The claim is to connect an undated crater with several historical events, which did not happen at the same time.
9. The article misrepresents the data by connecting the current 2013 solar maximum prediction with earlier 2012 predictions that have been scrapped.
8. This is mostly a continuation of 9 except for the SPT. For some reason the article avoids stating that the SPT is a radio telescope.
7. This is all speculative nonsense using the internet chatter as some sort of evidence. This section is the first section that is just fluff.
6. Climate change is discussed and then poorly connected to anything again using internet chatter as evidence.
5. The article misrepresents spacequakes.

However, as we progress in 2010, earthquakes are becoming more frequent.

This is just not true. The article is just a mess of claims. All it does is discuss the fact that earthquakes are not uniformly distributed over time. The pipeline claims are just plain silly.
4. Pole shifts are demonstrably false. Hapgood was shown to be wrong 50 years ago with the emergence of plate tectonic theory.
3. The Vostok section is another failed attempt to support ECDs as claimed by Hapgood and others. It is a pile of speculations and misrepresentations of the evidence laced liberally with false statements.
2. It is demonstrable that there are no unknown planets that can enter the orbits of the known planets. In fact it is well established that no unknown planet sized objects can exist within 340AU of the Earth.

Here is where the article really goes off the deep end. It shows how the article misrepresents issues all of the way through the article. Take the IRAS data. Here is what the article states:

The observatory made media headlines briefly in 1983 with the discovery of an “unknown object” that was at first described as “possibly as large as the giant planet Jupiter and possibly so close to Earth that it would be part of this solar system.” However, later analysis is said to have revealed this report to be false.

This article effectively lies by writing half of the quote. It lies again by not stating that the object was identified as a distant galaxy.

The next paragraph is poorly written with a seed vault and orbital perturbations mixed together. Seed vaults are not uncommon and preserve biological diversity of plants. The gravitational perturbations were resolved when it was determined that the mass of Neptune was off by 0.5%. When the correct mass was used the perturbations were resolved.

The final paragraph is a short list of ridiculous internet chatter. The planet could not hide behind the sun. The planet would not look like a second sun. Do Jupiter and Venus look like second suns? To claim that Eris, which never gets as close as Neptune and is small could affect the motions of the Earth is ludicrous.

1. Finally, there is the loss of power idea.

This is simply a list of things tossed together that have little in common. The ideas venture from the more factual to the fantastic. A liberal dose of unsubstantiated internet chatter, lies and misrepresentations are used to support the more ridiculous claims.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

The claim is to connect an undated crater with several historical events, which did not happen at the same time.

Well The Holocene Impact Working Group place the birth of the crater between 2800-3000 BC. How they came to this date I don't know but if its accurate then it does a line with the fall and rise of certain civilisations.

The article misrepresents the data by connecting the current 2013 solar maximum prediction with earlier 2012 predictions that have been scrapped.

True but even the 2013 prediction isn't entirely accurate, the sun is very hard to predict. The solar maximum could come sooner or later than 2013. I have heard some say that SM24 will be the strongest for 100 years. I have also heard it may be the weakest for 200 years, so no one truly knows whats going on with SM24.

This is mostly a continuation of 9 except for the SPT. For some reason the article avoids stating that the SPT is a radio telescope.

I think the picture speaks for itself.

This is all speculative nonsense using the Internet chatter as some sort of evidence. This section is the first section that is just fluff.

I don't much about this one. However I don't see how "Supersonic “Bullets” of Gas Ejected from the Orion Nebula" would be a danger to Earth.

Also I wonder how true this statement is:

the Maya people of Central America had a folk tale which dealt with Orion’s part of the sky, known as Xibalba. The word is roughly translated as “Place of fear.” Many of the traditional hearths or fireplaces of the Maya people contained a smudge of glowing fire that corresponded with the Orion Nebula. This is strange because some of the greatest astronomers in history, including Galileo who made specific telescopic observations of the area surrounding Orion, did not mention the nebula. In fact, there is no mention of the Orion Nebula prior to the 17th century.

It is demonstrable that there are no unknown planets that can enter the orbits of the known planets. In fact it is well established that no unknown planet sized objects can exist within 340AU of the Earth.

Agreed.

Finally, there is the loss of power idea.

Personally I believe this is the most likely "disaster" scenario I see occurring in the near future, especially with SM24 coming up.

Peace.
ALS
edit on 18-10-2010 by ALOSTSOUL because: I wanted to!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Well The Holocene Impact Working Group place the birth of the crater between 2800-3000 BC. How they came to this date I don't know but if its accurate then it does a line with the fall and rise of certain civilizations.

Can you show us the civilizations that fell at exactly the same time? A number of events happen over than time range, but not at the same time. When the crater is properly dated we may be able to associated the impact with an effect on civilizations.

I have heard some say that SM24 will be the strongest for 100 years.

I think you are mixing apples and oranges. The earlier predictions of strong events were made when the date was 2012. This is the mix up that the article is doing. And I agree that the sun is hard to predict. But as we get closer to the maximum the data collected on the sun's activity shows a lessor event. What is also important to understand, is that the overall anticipated activity does not mean that large events cannot happen.

The claims made about the Orion nebula are supposed to show that it is a new feature. That is my guess. Remember that Galileo's telescope was not that good. He initially thought that Saturn's rings were horns on the planet. So I can see that he

I think the idea of power loss due to events in space is certainly possible. We know it can happen. An event not mentioned is the man-made event over Hawaii in 1958 I think. The explosion did cause damage to electrical systems on the ground.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
the "list" is a good, quick, introduction of 10 things that are of interest to doomsdayers

far from being in-depth or even accurate...but its a start----
for someone interested in any one item...to go do some google searches

i will try to find out more about the former Soviets lake vostock under the ice

= i was aware of when it was news , years ago --- & i never read any follow ups

my best guess is that there was never anything important to update about the
lake below the surface of Antarctica...nothing like the "journey to the center of the earth"
scene with an ocean and creatures that lived 150MYA & Pteridactyls flying around & such
edit on 19-10-2010 by St Udio because: JTTCOTE insert

top topics

join